The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dengar variants by Hutthunter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hutthunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Hutthunter

Dengar variants by Hutthunter Empty
PostSubject: Dengar variants by Hutthunter   Dengar variants by Hutthunter I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 2:30 pm

Hi. At present I have 11 different variants of Dengar, the Correllian bounty hunter. PLEASE all of you, feel free to ask questions and add comments about them. Also, if you have variants that differ from these 11, I would love to see them on pictures!! cheers

Here they go:

Dengar variants by Hutthunter Deng_c11

I believe this is the classic ESB Dengar.

Dengar variants by Hutthunter Deng_b11

This is the lemon yellow face variant with a kinda purple armor.

Dengar variants by Hutthunter Dengar10

This one is my favourite: Dengar in chocolate brown armor and with yolk face!

Dengar variants by Hutthunter Dengar12

This is a mixed limbs variant of Dengar (matte greyish purple body armor, dark purple limbs armor).

Dengar variants by Hutthunter Dengar13

This is the other classic ESB variant: pink or fleshy (but very pale) face, and light purple ("pink") shiny, glossy armour.

Dengar variants by Hutthunter Dengar14

This is the purple armor variant with dark flesh face.

Dengar variants by Hutthunter Dengar15

This is the Trilogo/PBP variant of Dengar, the famous white face Dengar with very-very dark purple armour!
This variant is also my favourite, of course. COO: NO COO (COO scar)

Dengar variants by Hutthunter Dengar16

These 3 variants are the GLOSSY ESB variants: grey armour (yellow face), purple armour with mixed limbs and pale flesh face, and finally: flesh face Dengar with very light backpack.

Backpack differences:

Dengar variants by Hutthunter Dengar18
the backpack on the left is much lighter brown than the others

Dengar variants by Hutthunter Dengar17

One mixed limbs between two brown armors. Smile

8 out of 11:

Dengar variants by Hutthunter Dengar19

Please do not hesitate, if you have questions.

Last edited by Hutthunter on Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:04 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://swvintagevariants.blogspot.com/
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Dengar variants by Hutthunter   Dengar variants by Hutthunter I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 11:57 pm

Sometimes descriptions like pale vs flesh face, purple vs brown can be confusing.

I just noticed the top of the backpacks have differences (some are in 3)
Dengar variants by Hutthunter SDC12013

Dengar variants by Hutthunter SDC12011
made in Hong Kong right leg, made in Hong Kong left leg, Hong Kong

Dengar variants by Hutthunter SDC12012

'made in scar on' big & little eyes, no COOs 1980LFL big vs little font ( the dark armour variant has a faint 'made in' )

Dengar variants by Hutthunter $(KGrHqF,!lsE65lyJ8J4BOwwo4V1Q!~~60_12
edit AFA use of Flesh face

Last edited by aussiejames on Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hutthunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Hutthunter

PostSubject: Re: Dengar variants by Hutthunter   Dengar variants by Hutthunter I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 6:27 am

[quote="aussiejames"]Sometimes descriptions like pale vs flesh face, purple vs brown can be confusing.

Hi Aussie,

OK, just to avoid confusion: purple AND brown are meaning Different colors (purple and brown). Smile
Flesh face: within the flesh face category there are dark and pale (light) variants. That is why I call the pale flesh face 'pink face' instead (at variants where it is really pale). Maybe my English is not perfect, so I might use the words 'pale' and 'flesh' not entirely correctly. pirat

Yeah, you are right, there are four main COO groups within Dengars: MIHK left lg, MIHK right leg, just HK and NO COO (with COO scar).

Backpacks: yep, thanks for the 3-part version. Also, some of them (packs) are very dark brown, some of them are reddish brown, again some of them are light brown.

BTW, I have found my 12th variant, the other Trilogo variant (with NO COO):

Dengar variants by Hutthunter Dengar20

This is the brownish matte armour version with flesh face. Aussie: you have NICE white face variants! I especially like the big eye variant!

Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Dengar variants by Hutthunter   Dengar variants by Hutthunter I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 8:50 am

Hutthunter wrote:

8 out of 11:

Dengar variants by Hutthunter Dengar19

Please do not hesitate, if you have questions.

Some cool looking dengars you got there mate, What COO's do the all have?

I personally don't have any mixed limbs in my collection mate, not if I can help it anyways. I've always considered them as faded and gotten rid of them, this seem to be common in the HONG KONG 2 line COO dengar and that's what I also believe is responsible for his many different face colors, I've kept them in though because there pretty cool.

aussiejames wrote:
Sometimes descriptions like pale vs flesh face, purple vs brown can be confusing.

I just noticed the top of the backpacks have differences (some are in 3)
Dengar variants by Hutthunter SDC12013

Dengar variants by Hutthunter SDC12011
made in Hong Kong right leg, made in Hong Kong left leg, Hong Kong

Dengar variants by Hutthunter SDC12012

'made in scar on' big & little eyes, no COOs 1980LFL big vs little font

I never noticed the back packs before and never knew about the MIHK left leg mate, thanks.

The 2 No COO in the last pic, have they both got the same PBP Scar?

Heres what I have so far, from left to right
(LL)1980 LFL, (RL) MADE IN HONG KONG(2) (Yellow face)
(LL)1980 LFL HONG KONG (2) (Flesh face)
(LL)1980 LFL HONG KONG (2) (Pale face)
(LL)1980 LFL HONG KONG (2) (Paler face)
(LL)1980 LFL HONG KONG (2) (Green face)
(LL)1980 LFL. No COO (Flesh face)
(LL)1980 LFL. No COO (Pale face)
(LL)1980 L.F.L. (RL) MADE IN Scar ON(2) (PBP) (White face)
(LL)1980 L.F.L. (RL) NO COO Scar (PBP) (White face)
Dengar variants by Hutthunter DSCF3491

Last edited by snaggletooth on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hutthunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Hutthunter

PostSubject: Re: Dengar variants by Hutthunter   Dengar variants by Hutthunter I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 9:29 am

Some cool looking dengars you got there mate, What COO's do the all have?

I personally don't have any mixed limbs in my collection mate, not if I can help it anyways. I've always considered them as faded and gotten rid of them, this seem to be common in the HONG KONG 2 line COO dengar and that's what I also believe is responsible for his many different face colors, I've kept them in though because there pretty cool.

Hi Snaggie,

I never noticed the back packs before and never knew about the MIHK left leg mate, thanks.

I will check the 2 NO COO variants I have for you. OK? T be frank, I do not remember the flesh face variant's leg (COO).

I will get back to you.

Your variants:
Impressive, too. You have almost the same variants as I do, except maybe the brown armor and the mixed limbs. As of mixed limbs: I have a different opinion, pal. I think they are not the result of sunlight and/or color fading. SOME might be, but there are ones which have funny, interesting limb colors, colors you cannot see on 'standard' ones, while the color of the chest part is standard. But you know, we all see things a bit differently. FACE colors are definitely NOT caused by fading, there are at least 6 different paints used for the faces. What a Face

Also: the armors ARE different, cause NOT ONLY the colours differ, BUT also the surface, or the nature of the paint used. Some armors are Matte, some are Glossy! That cannot be caused by fading or whatever.

RIGHT?

Okay, let me check the NO COO Coo-s for ya. :drunken:

Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Dengar variants by Hutthunter   Dengar variants by Hutthunter I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:02 am

I think there was different paint colors applied to figs over the production time mate but theres also a lot of faded/yellowed figures out there. It all comes down to personal choice what collectors want in there collections.
As for all the fading of figures, from all the threads I've read there is 100's of possibility's as to what contributes to this but the one that makes the most sense to me is the mixture of the plastic, the amount of preserver(if that's the right word) that was added to that particular batch.

Back to top Go down
Hutthunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Hutthunter

PostSubject: Re: Dengar variants by Hutthunter   Dengar variants by Hutthunter I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 11:52 am

[quote="snaggletooth"][quote="Hutthunter"]

Some cool looking dengars you got there mate, What COO's do they all have?

Made in Hong Kong right leg, Made in Hong Kong left leg, Hong Kong, NO COO, NO COO scar (Made in ...on) Smile

No problem. Smile NO, the two NO COO/Trilogo versions have different "no coo"s. The flesh face variant does NOT have a scar.

So, my COO collection from/of Dengar:

Dengar variants by Hutthunter Dengar21

Dengar variants by Hutthunter Dengar31

COO: Hong Kong

Dengar variants by Hutthunter Dengar23

COO: Made in HK 1

Dengar variants by Hutthunter Dengar24

COO: Made in HK 2

Dengar variants by Hutthunter Dengar25

COO: NO COO 1 (Trilogo)

Dengar variants by Hutthunter Dengar26

COO: NO COO 2 (Trilogo/PBP)

Dengar variants by Hutthunter Dengar27

my small eye Dengar variants:
green face, flesh face, white face, yolk face
Dengar variants by Hutthunter Dengar28

my big eye Dengar variants:
pale (yellow) face, dark flesh (orange) face, pink face, lemon face
Dengar variants by Hutthunter Dengar29

So these 4 + 4 together are 8 completely different variants (in my opinion):

Dengar variants by Hutthunter Dengar30

Scott, Aussie, your variants are also awesome, and basically we have the same variants. That is COOL. But we all have a little bit different focus on Dengars and other figures. Anyway, no matter how or why are they different, but different variants of the same figure are very cool! lol! cheers
Back to top Go down
Lee_m
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Lee_m

PostSubject: Re: Dengar variants by Hutthunter   Dengar variants by Hutthunter I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 2:26 pm

I'll play. Here's my DARK armour no coo scar Dengars. Hope you like them Cool

1. MADE IN and scar underneath coo pale/white face
2. MADE IN and scar underneath coo PINK face
3. MADE IN and scar and 'ON' remaining coo pale/white face
4. MADE IN (Very feint, hardly noticeable) and scar coo pale/white face
5. MADE IN (Very feint, hardly noticeable and scar coo (1980 lfl different alignment) pale/white face

Dengar variants by Hutthunter Picture530Dengar variants by Hutthunter Picture531Dengar variants by Hutthunter Picture533Dengar variants by Hutthunter Picture532Dengar variants by Hutthunter Picture534
Dengar variants by Hutthunter Picture538
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Dengar variants by Hutthunter   Dengar variants by Hutthunter I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 3:53 pm

Great variants there Lee, 5 diffrent PBP COO's is good to know. I've took some close ups of my 2 no COO'c and 2 PBP's
Dengar variants by Hutthunter 170911002
Dengar variants by Hutthunter 170911010
Dengar variants by Hutthunter 170911009

Back to top Go down
Hutthunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Hutthunter

PostSubject: Re: Dengar variants by Hutthunter   Dengar variants by Hutthunter I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 5:30 pm

[quote="snaggletooth"]Great variants there Lee, 5 different PBP COO's is good to know. I've took some close ups of my 2 no COO'c and 2 PBP's

Hi Lee and Scott,

I am glad I started this topic! Not baaaad, boys, NOT baaaad! You are getting close to gaining the rank of Sith Lords in Dengar-focus. My personal remark: I prefer different colors to COOs. So my focus is to get as many Dengars (and other hunters) of different armour colours, as possible!!

:I am stupid:
Back to top Go down
Hutthunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Hutthunter

PostSubject: Re: Dengar variants by Hutthunter   Dengar variants by Hutthunter I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 5:37 pm

Lee_m wrote:
I'll play. Here's my DARK armour no coo scar Dengars. Hope you like them Cool

Dengar variants by Hutthunter Picture538

Lee: Impressive... MOST impressive.
Interesting, that the second PBP Dengar on the left has a pinkish face, instead of white, and also big eyes. I like it (even if the pinkish colour came from the colour of the paint used for the armour... is that so??) It is painted pink, I suppose... What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Hutthunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Hutthunter

PostSubject: Re: Dengar variants by Hutthunter   Dengar variants by Hutthunter I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 5:42 pm

[quote="Hutthunter"][quote="Lee_m"]I'll play. Here's my DARK armour no coo scar Dengars. Hope you like them Cool

I have a PBP Dengar on Trilogo card in c9+ ! A pity I can't see his COO scar... should I Open it? :scratch: :grr:
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Dengar variants by Hutthunter   Dengar variants by Hutthunter I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 5:51 pm

[quote="Hutthunter"]
snaggletooth wrote:
Great variants there Lee, 5 different PBP COO's is good to know. I've took some close ups of my 2 no COO'c and 2 PBP's

Hi Lee and Scott,

I am glad I started this topic! Not baaaad, boys, NOT baaaad! You are getting close to gaining the rank of Sith Lords in Dengar-focus. My personal remark: I prefer different colors to COOs. So my focus is to get as many Dengars (and other hunters) of different armour colours, as possible!!

:I am stupid:

We all like different colors mate but by using the COO's to describe the variants it makes them easier to follow. For example out of your 8 you have 5 COO's which means your other 3 are variants of 1, 2 or 3 of those COO's. Like Hong Kong 2 lies with pale (yellow) face and dark flesh (orange) face. (HK 2 lines means the date with HK underneath it) Hope this makes sense mate
Back to top Go down
Hutthunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Hutthunter

PostSubject: Re: Dengar variants by Hutthunter   Dengar variants by Hutthunter I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:56 am

We all like different colors mate but by using the COO's to describe the variants it makes them easier to follow. For example out of your 8 you have 5 COO's which means your other 3 are variants of 1, 2 or 3 of those COO's. Like Hong Kong 2 lies with pale (yellow) face and dark flesh (orange) face. (HK 2 lines means the date with HK underneath it) Hope this makes sense mate[/quote]

I see. Yep, it absolutely does. Make sense. Among my four other variants - cause I discovered I have 12 - three are HK 2 lines, and one is a Made in Hong Kong on the right leg.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Dengar variants by Hutthunter   Dengar variants by Hutthunter I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:16 pm

I'm glad you got it mate and nice one on the other variants Cool
Back to top Go down
Lee_m
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Lee_m

PostSubject: Re: Dengar variants by Hutthunter   Dengar variants by Hutthunter I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 5:05 pm

Hutthunter wrote:
Interesting, that the second PBP Dengar on the left has a pinkish face, instead of white, and also big eyes. I like it (even if the pinkish colour came from the colour of the paint used for the armour... is that so??) It is painted pink, I suppose... What do you think?

The face is painted pink. This coo variant with 'made in' and scar seems
to be the trickiest Dengar coo variant to find although you can find dark
armour Dengar's on ebay all the time so you can find this one eventually.

BTW: Do not open your moc!!!!! No Smile

Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Dengar variants by Hutthunter   Dengar variants by Hutthunter I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 2:49 am

That is a huge and cool dengar collection and thanks for all the info about dengar variants.

I could really use all this information bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
hansole
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
hansole

PostSubject: Re: Dengar variants by Hutthunter   Dengar variants by Hutthunter I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 3:35 am

Nice Dengar collections. Smile
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Dengar variants by Hutthunter   Dengar variants by Hutthunter I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 11:26 am

Ooooooooo look at them all.
Back to top Go down
Hutthunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Hutthunter

PostSubject: Re: Dengar variants by Hutthunter   Dengar variants by Hutthunter I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 1:07 pm

The face is painted pink. This coo variant with 'made in' and scar seems
to be the trickiest Dengar coo variant to find although you can find dark
armour Dengar's on ebay all the time so you can find this one eventually.

BTW: Do not open your moc!!!!! No Smile

Hi Buddy.

OK, thanks for the info and the good advice. Wink
Back to top Go down
Hutthunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Hutthunter

PostSubject: Re: Dengar variants by Hutthunter   Dengar variants by Hutthunter I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 1:15 pm

pomse2001 wrote:
That is a huge and cool dengar collection and thanks for all the info about dengar variants.

I could really use all this information bounce

Thank you very much AND not at all! smoke
Back to top Go down
Hutthunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Hutthunter

PostSubject: Re: Dengar variants by Hutthunter   Dengar variants by Hutthunter I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 1:19 pm

hansole wrote:
Nice Dengar collections. Smile

THX, pal. Lili IS a Ledy! Do not be rude to Ledies! emperor2 :grr:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dengar variants by Hutthunter   Dengar variants by Hutthunter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dengar variants by Hutthunter

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1