The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar Empty
PostSubject: OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar   OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:14 pm

True story, happened about an hour ago:

A package arrived from Belgium today. Thank you, Dennis! Very Happy

It contained these four figures:

OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar Img_7110

I had the figures on the table when An entered the room. I asked her what was so special about these four figures. You have to know that she helps me sometimes to label the display stands with numbers so I can get some sort of order in my loose figure collection. It is more fun to do this together during a spare moment in the weekend, besides her handwriting is far better than my hieroglyphs. Very Happy
So yes she has seen quite a bit of figures the past three years, and I was aware that she for instance knew who was Teebo and who was Lobot. I also know that she has a very good memory. Still her answer amazed me.

Me: So tell me, what is so special about these 4 figures?
She had a quick look at the figures, which were lying on ther back, their feet pointing towards us.
She: Well that is simple..
Me: (Sure! )
She: These are not vintage figures!
Me: (WTF?!!!)
How do you see that?
She: Simply cause the holes on the feet are too small to be fitted on the display stands.
Then taking Chewbacca in her hand.
And look the datestamp says 1999, definitely not vintage.
Me: (WOW!!!).

I was amazed. And explained her that these were indeed Hasbro reproductions made from the original moulds in the 90s.

But there was more:

OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar Img_7111

Me: OK, how about this. What is so special about this set?
She:It looks fake!
Me: Fake, how do you mean?
She: The microphone…..it should be silver.
The set at the attic has silver microphones.
Me: (You gotta be kidding me!!!)
She:…..and the flute of this fat guy looks wrong too, it should be black.
Me: (…….)
She: Why are you looking at me?
Me: I love you, honey!

And later told here the microphones and flute were vintage variants and indeed the complete inverse of the other set which I already had.

I think it doesn't take long before a certain Ms Dengar joins the forum here and takes over the Ledy and POCH threads here ... Very Happy

Seriously, it gave me some feel of proud that she recognized these differences at a glance w/o anybody ever telling her.

Which makes me wonder,

How involved is your spouse in your hobby, maybe without you knowing it?

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar   OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:24 pm

Well done Ms Dengar :clap: :clap: , as for Ms Walkie she's like to see them sold Sad

I have a little quessing game which Mr & Ms Dengar can play...

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4839p600-your-latest-vintage-purchases-volume-8

Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar   OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:32 pm

Ha...that was a good laugh! Laughing

I'll think of an answer...maybe a funny one Wink

Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar   OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:41 pm

Nice history Marco !! send my greetings to An!!
My exgirlfriend, Isabel, (who share home with me) are allways helping me with the PBP/POCH research, she is a great detective partner, she already knows a lot of things about the Poch/PBP variants and the company info. We did together the news papper archives research, it was funny weekend ,we did fill the Kitchen wall with all kinds of dates on papers, papper with factory news, forumĀ“s info etc ...like it was a thriller movie Suspect LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar   OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 4:16 pm

shes a keeper Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar   OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 4:18 pm

:clap: well done An. Marco, ask her to sign up immediately! You can both be easily reffered to as 'the Dengars' Smile

Mrs ArtooDetour normally just gives me a resigned shake of the head re anything Star Wars Razz But she's always willing to help me out if really needed as I often help her out with opinions on shoes and handbags and jewellery (ahem... not that I really know about those type of things Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar   OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 4:22 pm

Haha, nicely done Doc, and Mr.s D. funny enough, I was sorting a load of modern stuff the other day and found my vintage reproduction set, I might try that on my wife Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gardzy99
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar   OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 4:29 pm

My wife does not have a clue......that I know of.....about any of the figures.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar   OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 4:42 pm

Mrs. Darthberizing just looks away in shame and disgust. I've tried to share in the excitement, but it goes over like a lead balloon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar   OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 5:00 pm

DarthBerizing wrote:
Mrs. Darthberizing just looks away in shame and disgust. I've tried to share in the excitement, but it goes over like a lead balloon.

hmmm...sounds familiar to me!!! Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

PostSubject: Re: OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar   OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 5:32 pm

Excellent story! king
my wife would merely see the difference between chewbacca and a Jawa.... lol!
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar   OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 5:37 pm

my wife loves Star Wars too .. now at least , she had never even seen the movies until we got married Suspect

She has grown to love the movies and even appreciates the toys .

This was our wedding pic :

OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar Swtria10
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar   OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 5:54 pm

wbobafett wrote:
DarthBerizing wrote:

hmmm...sounds familiar to me!!! Razz Razz

Same story here guys.

Glad your happy with them Marco (and glad An likes them to Very Happy )

Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar   OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 6:02 pm

You can actually see the life drain from our lass when I mention Star wars, but inadvertantly and much to her own personal disgust, she's actually remembered certain thing, like names and stuff, funny really Laughing

Out of curiosty, do any of your woman threaten you with your figures, for example: "if I ever find out you've cheated on me, I'll cut the heads of all your Star Wars figures"

Mine does, and I don't think it's fair! Angry SW
Back to top Go down
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar   OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 6:43 pm

My ex threatened to destroy all my toys when we argued, and she always used the collection as a reason for me to let her get away with anything,
and to top it all off, we didn't even live together....

Oh, and kudos to you Doc, for finding such a good lady! One in a million!
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar   OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 7:02 pm

You're a lucky man Marco.
My wife, like many others here, has no interest in the figures, and doesn't really understand my passion for them. However, she is very tolerant and even keeps her eyes peeled for stuff at toy fairs etc. So I can't complain. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar   OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 7:28 pm

But will she let you place an Ewok in her titties and then post it up for your Star Wars geek friends to see?

AJ's missus wins Razz

Seriously, cool little story, mate. She's a keeper. lol!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar   OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 10:15 pm

'let' ?? chloroform!!
OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar SDC11194

Nurse Dengar is for sure a keeper Smile
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar   OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 2:22 am

My wife is pretty supportive of my collecting, she knows it's what I love to do and she's as big a geek as I am, so that helps! I don't think she would know the figures to the detail that the lucky Dr Dengar has experienced, but I sure can't complain. After all, she wanted to have Leia and Han on our wedding cake as much as I did. cheers

And speaking of support, great pic AJ! bounce
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar   OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 2:38 pm

Thanks for all the comments sofar, guys! Really nice to read through them. Very Happy

AJ: I always have difficulties recognizing Ewoks. Is that Chief Chirpa or Teeboob? :scratch:
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar   OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 1:08 pm

I've just tried the same out on my wife Doc, the result's were not as good as your's but funny all the same.
I stood them up in front of her and possed the question the same you did. The answer was:

Han's head is small.... one of his hands is bigger than the other.... Chewy's legs are skinny... They all have skinny legs..... they have telescoping lightsabers.....

In all fairness, her repeated reference to them been small or tin, should earn her a point, because of there slightly smaller scale.
Also, got give the lass a point for using the words 'Telescoping Lightsaber' Shocked
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar   OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 2:34 pm

LOL, you are making this into some type of standard test for our spouses. Very Happy

General Kahn wrote:

Also, got give the lass a point for using the words 'Telescoping Lightsaber' Shocked

Impressed as well! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar   OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OT - Dr Dengar Pwned by Ms Dengar

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1