The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Walrus Man Variant ID

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

Walrus Man Variant ID Empty
PostSubject: Walrus Man Variant ID   Walrus Man Variant ID I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 1:33 pm

Hi All,

First post in a while. Will be back full force in a few weeks time (Have a few other really time consuming commitments have to get sorted first)

Hopefully one of you clever and knowledgeable chaps can help me with this?

I think it's a Tri-Logo or PBP variant?

Was wondering if anyone can confirm/deny?

Walrus Man Variant ID 2h8abs4

Walrus Man Variant ID Mbol8j

Walrus Man Variant ID Au8uqb

Thanks in Advance,

Jeremy
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man Variant ID   Walrus Man Variant ID I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 1:38 pm

Also, while I'm here. I was wondering about the no C.O.O. Bossk.

Just wondering if anyone knew what variant he is? i.e. Kenner, Palitoy etc? (I know he's not particularly rare, but I only have the one with no C.O.O. so was curious.)

Walrus Man Variant ID 1070xmv
Walrus Man Variant ID 1qpxl0
Walrus Man Variant ID 4vnuc3

Best Wishes,

-J
Back to top Go down
shabbyblue
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man Variant ID   Walrus Man Variant ID I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 9:52 pm

The Trilogo/PBP Walrusman is easy to identify in comparison with the regular one because he has darker blue limbs and a darker green head and hands. Here's a good example:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61145178@N08/5728829585/in/set-72157626615209973

Yours kind of looks like it's Trilogo/PBP... but just put it next to a regular Walrusman and it will be easy to confirm when you compare the color difference of the blue arms and legs.
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man Variant ID   Walrus Man Variant ID I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 11:00 am

Hey Shabby,

Thanks for the reply.

He's definitely got darker blue limbs than the other WM in my collection.

I found a thread on SWFUK that seemed to confirm that the Dark Head/Limbs, White Tusks, '1' Scar mean that he was a PBP.

I'd like to sell him on but don't want to mislabel/misrepresent him. Do I list him as a PBP? A tri-Logo or a Tri/PBP?

Also any which blaster variant he should have? Or does it vary?

An approx value would help me too.

Really appreciate any and all help.

Thanks in advance and best wishes,

-J
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man Variant ID   Walrus Man Variant ID I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 11:43 am

Hi I am sorry that I can't help, but I have the same questions as you have with most of the star wars figures Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
shabbyblue
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man Variant ID   Walrus Man Variant ID I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:54 pm

I paid $21 for my PBP Walrusman just a few months ago on Ebay. I've seen others on there within the $15-30 range depending on condition.
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man Variant ID   Walrus Man Variant ID I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:36 pm

shabbyblue wrote:
I paid $21 for my PBP Walrusman just a few months ago on Ebay. I've seen others on there within the $15-30 range depending on condition.

Hey Shabby,

Ok cool - thanks for the info. I changed the asking price to £16, I thought that was about right based on what you're saying.

Best Wishes,

-J
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man Variant ID   Walrus Man Variant ID I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 8:38 am

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2972-walrus-man
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t689-fs-pbp-walrusman-in-c8-condition-figure-is-100-and-confirmed-with-wolff?highlight=Walrusman
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man Variant ID   Walrus Man Variant ID I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 10:27 am

aussiejames wrote:
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2972-walrus-man
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t689-fs-pbp-walrusman-in-c8-condition-figure-is-100-and-confirmed-with-wolff?highlight=Walrusman

Hey James! How's it going?

I did see that thread; it was that, plus one on SWFUK that made me think this was the PBP variant. Jay's figure doesn't have the '1' so I was under the impression that it was also PBP but an even rarer variant? (Also, his appears to be in slightly better condition than mine anyway.)

In your opinion, am I right in thinking that this is the PBP variant and that £16 is a fair price?

Best Wishes,

-J
Back to top Go down
_Rog_
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
_Rog_

PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man Variant ID   Walrus Man Variant ID I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 2:36 pm

Discobob83 wrote:

Just wondering if anyone knew what variant he is? i.e. Kenner, Palitoy etc? (I know he's not particularly rare, but I only have the one with no C.O.O. so was curious.)
I think your no coo Bossk is considered to be the Pal variant.

Rog.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man Variant ID   Walrus Man Variant ID I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 3:10 pm

_Rog_ wrote:
Discobob83 wrote:

I think your no coo Bossk is considered to be the Pal variant.

Rog.

Hi rog.

This means released on Palitoy cards yes, do you know if he was relesed on other cards too?
I have this other Bossk and wondered what you make of him, the date stamp is on his left leg and has NO COO, he also has darker limbs. I've seen him described as Tri-Logo but wondered if you knew any other info/cards.

Back to top Go down
_Rog_
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
_Rog_

PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man Variant ID   Walrus Man Variant ID I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 3:59 pm

snaggletooth wrote:
Hi rog.

This means released on Palitoy cards yes, do you know if he was relesed on other cards too?
I have this other Bossk and wondered what you make of him, the date stamp is on his left leg and has NO COO, he also has darker limbs. I've seen him described as Tri-Logo but wondered if you knew any other info/cards.
Hi, I've never really pinned down the exact origins or cards these Bossks come from, perhaps other variation collectors might be able to be more specific, but the 'story' goes that the Pal variant came on later ESB and some ROTJ Palitoy cards (possibly some Trilogo's?), then there was the variation much like your no coo figure (same mould) but marked Hong Kong (darker limbs, different plastic, cheaper looking?) that turned up just before your Bossk (the no coo Tri variant) who came on many ROTJ Palitoy cards and Trilogo's. I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 variations can be found on/in other cards & baggies in addition to those I've just mentioned.

Rog.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man Variant ID   Walrus Man Variant ID I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 4:56 pm

_Rog_ wrote:
snaggletooth wrote:
Hi rog.

Hi, I've never really pinned down the exact origins or cards these Bossks come from, perhaps other variation collectors might be able to be more specific, but the 'story' goes that the Pal variant came on later ESB and some ROTJ Palitoy cards (possibly some Trilogo's?), then there was the variation much like your no coo figure (same mould) but marked Hong Kong (darker limbs, different plastic, cheaper looking?) that turned up just before your Bossk (the no coo Tri variant) who came on many ROTJ Palitoy cards and Trilogo's. I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 variations can be found on/in other cards & baggies in addition to those I've just mentioned.

Rog.

I have that other variant in my Lime lite mate. Good to have an idea of there origins, Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man Variant ID   Walrus Man Variant ID I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walrus Man Variant ID

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1