The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Walrus Man

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
robbiezombbie
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
robbiezombbie

Walrus Man Empty
PostSubject: Walrus Man   Walrus Man I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 3:23 pm

Hey all, yesterday I picked up a Walrus Man on Jedi card but haven't personally seen this kind (of card back) and was looking for some help on how common / rare it is. On the front, looking at it you say "oh no biggie" but... the back is non glossy like regular card backs and another first for me personally to see is that it is "Made in Spain". To me, the colors on the figure are slightly diffrent than the standard made in HK ones as well. I never cared to much for Walrus Man but thought this find was kind of a oddity so any info would be appreciated.
[img]Walrus Man Img_8211[/img]
[img]Walrus Man Img_8212[/img]
[img]Walrus Man Img_8310[/img][img]Walrus Man Img_8311[/img]
Back to top Go down
http://terrorgloves.com
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

Walrus Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man   Walrus Man I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 4:17 pm

Thats a great looking fig you got there. To me it looks like a Meccano figure on a made in spain card? Can you see the COO on the left leg if theres any at all.
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7572
Back to top Go down
robbiezombbie
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
robbiezombbie

Walrus Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man   Walrus Man I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 4:58 pm

The only thing on his leg is the copyright and the year. Nothing else.
the pics might not show it well but, the head is a lighter green, his body suit is darker and his boots and hands are more glossy than the Hong Kong version I pictured with it.
[img]Walrus Man Img_8312[/img][img]Walrus Man Img_8313[/img][img]Walrus Man Img_8314[/img]
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Walrus Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man   Walrus Man I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 5:27 pm

Thats about right for the Made in Spain MOCs. They almost feel fake. Im selling a Greedo in the Classifieds right now.

Not sure it's a Meccano, more likely a PBP.

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

Walrus Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man   Walrus Man I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 5:32 pm

it looks more like THE pbp/ tri walrusman.

Great Pick up anyway
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

Walrus Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man   Walrus Man I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 5:39 pm

Darthberizing wrote:
Thats about right for the Made in Spain MOCs. They almost feel fake. Im selling a Greedo in the Classifieds right now.

Not sure it's a Meccano, more likely a PBP.
Hey John!!do you really think the Made in Spain Moc´s looks like fake??to me they looks prefeclty normal Wink
The four cantina aliens were realized for the US market on the Kenner Made in Spain cards, you can find Walrusman, Greedo(the one you have ) , Hammerheahd and the red snagg.Those figures were made in Spain but according with this thread( http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=3524470&Forum=,,,,,,,,,f1,,,,,,,,,&Words=interesting%20find%20for%20variant%20collectors&Searchpage=8&Limit=25&Main=3524470&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=0&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post3524470 ) and my figures founds here on spain those were not necessary packed on PBP cards aswell.I remeber to buy a loose Greedo taken from a Made in Spain card specting to be a mint PBP figure but it turns to be a regular no coo Greedo.The fact that in the card says" ade in Spain" it doesent means that the figure inside will be the PBP figure.
About the coo on boot,the Real PBP Spanish wally looks almost like the meccano one except for the "1" reamining onthe coo of the french guy.
These are my PBPs Walrusman, as far as i know there arent any other PBP Walrusman exclusive
Walrus Man Walrus11
Walrus Man Walrus12
Walrus Man Walrus14 Walrus Man Walrus13
the one you have there have the paint job as my light green WM but the stamp seems to be as my dark one....

Hope this help
Cheers
J
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

Walrus Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man   Walrus Man I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:17 pm

Stargeezer wrote:

Great Pick up anyway
Hi Dennis!! nothing personal against you dude, but i still cant understand why people still using the term PBP/TRI???
PBP is one thing and TRI is another,why to mix up them??? .The figures looks similar but they arent for sure...
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

Walrus Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man   Walrus Man I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 5:54 am

Thanks for clearing that up for me fellas, I was under the impression that PBP all had White tusks and Meccano had pink.

Javi, What do you make of this figure? second in from right.

Left boot, COO Removed only a 1 remaining.
Walrus Man 050611010
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

Walrus Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man   Walrus Man I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 8:23 am

javiswspain wrote:
Stargeezer wrote:

Great Pick up anyway
Hi Dennis!! nothing personal against you dude, but i still cant understand why people still using the term PBP/TRI???
PBP is one thing and TRI is another,why to mix up them??? .The figures looks similar but they arent for sure...

Javi you misunderstood me here, i used PBP/Tri, as it could be one off those, because like you said they look alike. I use this term on more figures as Tri and PBP visual can look the same. (It's easy to mix them without beeing able to see COO). Also typed PBP/Tri as i was typing on my phone and it was shorter (note the "the" that was autocorrected by iphone to "THE").

Cheers, Dennis.

Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

Walrus Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man   Walrus Man I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 12:17 pm

Hi Dennis!! Yeah i think i misunderstood you, Sorry About that, i guess you mean that can be PBP OR tri???any way i wasnt refering to you actually, i tolked About people who mix for example the stormtrooper hard torso with the pbp stormtrooper and call him as trilogo/ pbp, i dont know if you know what i am tolking About Smile
Thanks for the input Dennis Smile
Best regards
J

Last edited by javiswspain on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

Walrus Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man   Walrus Man I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 12:24 pm

snaggletooth wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up for me fellas, I was under the impression that PBP all had White tusks and Meccano had pink.

Javi, What do you make of this figure? second in from right.

Left boot, COO Removed only a 1 remaining.
Walrus Man 050611010
I could say for sure that is not the pbp walrusman, probably the one you have There, is the meccano variant.
I have tecently purchased one of those wm with remaining "1" for comparison propuoses with My pbp wally.
I will let you know When i have in hands.
Thanks

Last edited by javiswspain on Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

Walrus Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man   Walrus Man I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 3:12 pm

I have the red Snag made in spain ROTJ moc . Miscard with a Bespin guard gun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
robbiezombbie
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
robbiezombbie

Walrus Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man   Walrus Man I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 3:29 pm

Sorry for my ignorance but what exactly does PBP stand for?
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

Walrus Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man   Walrus Man I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 4:32 pm

Thanks Javi, I'll be interested to see what you think when you get them both in hand.
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

Walrus Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man   Walrus Man I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 5:32 pm

robbiezombbie wrote:
Sorry for my ignorance but what exactly does PBP stand for?
PBP are the initials of Poch-Borras-Palouzie,those were 3 fused toys companies from Spain, thats all.
Hope this help
J
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Walrus Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man   Walrus Man I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 5:54 pm

If anyone wants a little bit of information about each of the European companies involved in Vintage - http://trilogo.info/intro-history/european-countries-companies/

Back to top Go down
Panastur
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Panastur

Walrus Man Empty
PostSubject: Walrus Man...   Walrus Man I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 3:47 am

Hi Guys,

Meccano version????, PBP/Tri????,.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I should admit that i am not a "Loose" expert and i know that, for example JasiSW, is doing a great research job on loose figures...

...but when i read this kind of comments on loose figures, my eyes jump out of my head.

¿Did Meccano manufactured action figures???? ....NO, Meccano imported figures from HK, Taiwan, Macau and Spain to package them on french blisters.

¿Did PBP made 3L variant with WalrusMan???? ....NO, the character of WM was already manufactured in Spain for the spanish ESB 45 back card (PBP), Jedi "El Retorno" 65 back (PBP) and this Jedi 77 back for Kenner pictured in this post. Walrus Man was never made for the Trilogo card. The only existing card is the so called "Hybrid Card" from Palitoy, used to release production surplus.

I know it's a hard task you are doing here, looking for each existing molded and stamped variation, but there's only 6 places in the world where action figures were produced;
Hong-Kong (lately called China when in decembre of 1984, Britain signs over Hong Kong to China), Taiwan, Macau, Mexico, Spain...and lately Brasil. No more.

JC Wink
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

Walrus Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man   Walrus Man I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 6:23 am

Panastur wrote:
Hi Guys,

Meccano version????, PBP/Tri????,.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I should admit that i am not a "Loose" expert and i know that, for example JasiSW, is doing a great research job on loose figures...

...but when i read this kind of comments on loose figures, my eyes jump out of my head.

¿Did Meccano manufactured action figures???? ....NO, Meccano imported figures from HK, Taiwan, Macau and Spain to package them on french blisters.

¿Did PBP made 3L variant with WalrusMan???? ....NO, the character of WM was already manufactured in Spain for the spanish ESB 45 back card (PBP), Jedi "El Retorno" 65 back (PBP) and this Jedi 77 back for Kenner pictured in this post. Walrus Man was never made for the Trilogo card. The only existing card is the so called "Hybrid Card" from Palitoy, used to release production surplus.

I know it's a hard task you are doing here, looking for each existing molded and stamped variation, but there's only 6 places in the world where action figures were produced;
Hong-Kong (lately called China when in decembre of 1984, Britain signs over Hong Kong to China), Taiwan, Macau, Mexico, Spain...and lately Brasil. No more.

JC Wink

Hi Panastur

That's some good intimation there, I didn't know WM wasn't relesed on Tri-Logo cards, where does the Tri-Logo label come from?

I know there's a lot of collectors who feel like you when it comes to the labeling of figures, I am personally trying to do this with my collection for my own entertainment. I know there was a lot of figures released on a number of cards but there's also unique COO's that where only released on single cards. I'm just trying to work out some of these, there's no harm in that and I'm enjoying the challenge.

I think there's a lot of wrong information out there and that's why so many things are labeled incorrectly, there's a lot of research gone in to mine but there's always new information turning up all the time.

I have a few questions if you dont mind.

Did Palitoy make figures in the UK?

Where Maccano figure's produced for there cards only?

Also what does this mean? Did PBP made 3L variant with WalrusMan?

Thanks Scott
Back to top Go down
Panastur
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Panastur

Walrus Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man   Walrus Man I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 6:55 am

snaggletooth wrote:

Hi Panastur

That's some good intimation there, I didn't know WM wasn't relesed on Tri-Logo cards, where does the Tri-Logo label come from?

I know there's a lot of collectors who feel like you when it comes to the labeling of figures, I am personally trying to do this with my collection for my own entertainment. I know there was a lot of figures released on a number of cards but there's also unique COO's that where only released on single cards. I'm just trying to work out some of these, there's no harm in that and I'm enjoying the challenge.

I think there's a lot of wrong information out there and that's why so many things are labeled incorrectly, there's a lot of research gone in to mine but there's always new information turning up all the time.

Thanks Scott

Hi Scott,

The Trilogo Label is a late General Mills U.K. decision to unify, harmonize action figures distribution through the european market. It's more an economical decision to sell a line of toys in decline, like Kenner done with the Power of the Force line and the coin offer.

Did Palitoy make figures in the UK? Definitively NO, Palitoy made ships, playsets and accessories but no action figures. They were all imported production to be carded in the Coalville plant. Principaly from the Far-east.

Where Maccano figure's produced for there cards only? Here again, there's no proper production or production done exclusively for the Meccano line. All action figures where provided by Palitoy in the beginning, then from Spain. Like Palitoy, Meccano produced Ships and Playsets.

Did PBP made 3L variant with WalrusMan? No, all the Walrus Man on Palitoy "Hybrid Card" are production surplus from the Far-East and Spain. There's no "Real" Trilogo carded Walrus Man.

Hope that helps.

JC Wink
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

Walrus Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man   Walrus Man I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 8:27 am

Panastur wrote:
snaggletooth wrote:

Hi Panastur

Thanks Scott

Hi Scott,

The Trilogo Label is a late General Mills U.K. decision to unify, harmonize action figures distribution through the european market. It's more an economical decision to sell a line of toys in decline, like Kenner done with the Power of the Force line and the coin offer.

Did Palitoy make figures in the UK? Definitively NO, Palitoy made ships, playsets and accessories but no action figures. They were all imported production to be carded in the Coalville plant. Principaly from the Far-east.

Where Maccano figure's produced for there cards only? Here again, there's no proper production or production done exclusively for the Meccano line. All action figures where provided by Palitoy in the beginning, then from Spain. Like Palitoy, Meccano produced Ships and Playsets.

Did PBP made 3L variant with WalrusMan? No, all the Walrus Man on Palitoy "Hybrid Card" are production surplus from the Far-East and Spain. There's no "Real" Trilogo carded Walrus Man.

Hope that helps.

JC Wink

Hi JC Thats a great help mate, Thanks.

All the figures from the far east with no COO's that appear on Palitoy, meccano and tri-Logo cards. Where there COOs originally taken off at preduction stage for Palitoy? or was that just the way GM was going with all there figure lines.

Back to top Go down
Panastur
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Panastur

Walrus Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man   Walrus Man I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 2:42 pm

snaggletooth wrote:

Hi JC Thats a great help mate, Thanks.

All the figures from the far east with no COO's that appear on Palitoy, meccano and tri-Logo cards. Where there COOs originally taken off at preduction stage for Palitoy? or was that just the way GM was going with all there figure lines.

COO were removed on production site. When the production cease in a plant and the molds are transfered to new production plant, they are retooled or duplicated if mold as sufered too much wear. It's in this phase that the COO is scared or removed from the original mold made of steel.

Usually, molds are made in the same city/land where the figures will be produced, from a finished Hard-Copy sent by the parent house.

JC
Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

Walrus Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man   Walrus Man I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 2:44 pm

This light green Walrusman was firstly discovered in french Baggies from Variant collectors. I guess that´s the reason, the figure is still called "Meccano" Variant. A few years later they noticed, that this figure was also packed in some ROTJ Made in Spain cards.
Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

Walrus Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man   Walrus Man I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 2:49 pm

Panastur wrote:

Some figures like the no coo Death Star Droid can only be found on french Trilogo Cards. IMO oppinion this is a exclusive production.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

Walrus Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man   Walrus Man I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 3:22 pm

mike-skywalker wrote:
Panastur wrote:

Some figures like the no coo Death Star Droid can only be found on french Trilogo Cards. IMO oppinion this is a exclusive production.

Some more great info in the last couple of threads fellas.

Mike, This applies to Bossk and the Biker NO COO boot variant to right?
Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

Walrus Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man   Walrus Man I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 3:51 pm

Which Bossk? No, the no coo Biker Scout can also be found on non french Trilogo cards.
Actually I was thinking of the no coo (Meccano) Rebel Soldier and no coo Ackbar, but I still have no proof, that´s why I was only mentioning the DSD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Walrus Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walrus Man   Walrus Man I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walrus Man

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next