The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What variants are these?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

What variants are these? Empty
PostSubject: What variants are these?   What variants are these? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 4:35 pm

Hi, I am not new here, though I don't write a lot. This forum have helped me a great deal. I have collected for about 15 years now, with ups and downs. But I never cared much about variations until lately.

I got a ERG and 2 Leia Boushh that I am suspicious about. They might be just normal versions, but I can't manage to id them, they have some signs of lili ledy but I really can't tell if they are or not. They are probably just common Kenner figures, but I would like to know for sure. I didn't want to bark in on the Lili Ledy discussion thread since I dunno if they are ledy.

I didnt manage to upload all image, but both leia have the same coo what I can tell, the face differ a little. One helm has a G in it and the Other have a circle like shape in the center. I don't have any other Leia Boushh I recently sold half my collection. And these are whats left. I bought a new one in hope of it being easier to id the first one, but it looked just the same and the new one had G in helmet which didn't help a lot.

ERG
It's the one to the right I am suspicious about, the cloak opens up at the front, its a little different material. The helmel is what I think a bit darker, and the coo "C" is a bit below the LFL part. I think the spear might be a repro. The light spreads out a bit more when it hit the right ones visor.
What variants are these? Rightone
What variants are these? Schm
What variants are these? Coov

Leia
They are both missing the dot on the shoulder strap, have the same coo, I dont know if the face is pale or not since I have none other to compare with. It's hard to tell if it the weapon is glossy or noth, but I think it is kenner.
What variants are these? Both2m
What variants are these? Coo2k
What variants are these? Helmyx
What variants are these? Weapond

As I said I think they are just common close looking variations, though I just want to be sure and hopefully some expert might be able to help me out. Any help is appreciated.

/Rawlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: What variants are these?   What variants are these? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 8:10 pm

hi mate i would say no on both
the erg ,At the inner side of the Kenner cloak you can clearly see the stripes like pattern in the fabric, whereas these ribbons are lacking in the Ledy cloak.

the leia boush the brown paint is not dark enough for me so i would say it's kenner

jase

Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: What variants are these?   What variants are these? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 8:25 pm

Thank you, thats what I thought. They are a bit darker then on the pictures though, but not by that much. These are pretty hard to id. What about the helmet with the G in that confused me?

/Rawlin
Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: What variants are these?   What variants are these? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:26 am

that coo on your leia boushh shares the coo with the ledy leia boushh
it allso shares the letter in the helmit

i find the best way to id a ledy leia boush is the head it's more like a light brown tan and not a pink face the hair on the ledy is realy dark brown
the helmit's paint is very glossy and matalic silver
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: What variants are these?   What variants are these? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:03 am

Quote :
that coo on your leia boushh shares the coo with the ledy leia boushh
it allso shares the letter in the helmit

i find the best way to id a ledy leia boush is the head it's more like a light brown tan and not a pink face the hair on the ledy is realy dark brown
the helmit's paint is very glossy and matalic silver

Thanks, I have been looking on them a bit and the only thing I can see is that I think they have a lighter brown then the ledy, though there are a few different ledy versions. And everything else match up pretty good. I think the ledy also have glossier clothes. Though the face color isn't very pinkinsh. Sorry about the focus on the pictures.

Here are some more images of them compared to Leia Organa and poncho. The helm on the left has what might be a "H" in it, its pretty thorn down. I thought there was none at first, though at a closer look from different angles there is a worn down letter in it. The one in the center is the "G" and the helmet to the right has a "D" in it and has stronger colors.

What variants are these? 3leia
What variants are these? 4leia
What variants are these? 2lefthelmets

Maybe it is the one to the left of these (pic borrowed from the great lili ledy thread. http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2135p30-lili-ledy-discussion-thread?highlight=lili+ledy+jabba hope its no problem. Ledy is on the right.) I think the ledy also have glossier clothes.
What variants are these? IMG_3649
Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: What variants are these?   What variants are these? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:43 pm

yes ledy leia boushh has darker brown and more glossy on the body and allso the silver is metalic and hi gloss on the body

if you had a ledy and a kenner leia boushh in hand side by side you can tell stright away witch one is ledy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: What variants are these?   What variants are these? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 2:09 pm

Hi Rawlin,

First of all a big welcome to TIG.

Great to see you posting here. Very Happy

About the Ledy Leia Boushh. I think most have been said about her in the posts above, I can not add much there. YES she is a tough babe to distinguish from her Kenner sister.

To recap:
  • The Ledy Boushh
  • has darker more glossy brown pants and torso.
  • has glossy dark brown arms
  • has darker brown hair, eyes, and eye brows.
  • face is sculpted in a glossy slightly tanned plastic instead of pinkish plastic.

The tanned face and the glossy arms are the things I look for the most.

Your Boushh doesn't have these features => Kenner

Now about the ERG.

• The LL ERG has a darker red helmet.
  • The LL ERG has a matt black instead of glossy black visor.
  • The limbs and body are cast in a darker red (more purple like) plastic.
  • The LL ERG wears a darker red cloak made from a different fabric. At the inner side of the Kenner cloak you can clearly see the ribbon ("stripes") like pattern in the fabric, whereas these ribbons are lacking in the Ledy cloak.

Actually your figure could be Ledy IMO. Can you make a pic like the one below, to see whether your ERG has a similar fabric pattern on the innerside?

EmperorĀ“s Royal Guard: Lili Ledy on the right
What variants are these? IMG_3664

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: What variants are these?   What variants are these? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:36 pm

Thank you.

Sure here are a couple of pictures of it, unfortunatly I suck at photos, and I never seem to get it right, either its the focus or the color. These are the best I managed to take before the batteries died.
What I noticed was that the right one(suspicious one)'s cloth is much easier to put into position while the left ones jumps back into position the whole time and I can't get it to stay as I want.

I think it's just really close looking, I didn't manage to get a good photo of the pattern, but I don't think the inside looks like the ledy above. It does go another way though, and is another material. Feel free to use these pictures if you like to use them for close looking variatens, maybe they can help someone.

What variants are these? Dscn3380p
What variants are these? Img2123j

I tried to take another one on the fabric, with just looking at it I have trouble seing what pattern it is, but on the computer it looks much clearer. Pretty much like the kenner Smile
What variants are these? Img2127i
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: What variants are these?   What variants are these? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 7:05 pm

Thanks for all the help Smile

I think the thread got a bit side tracked because they looked close to ledys in my eyes. I am not on a ledy hunt, what I am trying to do is to match up the figures with their right accessories and weapons, and gain more knowledge about variations and what really goes where. I think most of them are kenner because my collection comes mostly from USA but I live in europe and have bought lots from UK and pretty much every other country as well.

I'll post some more pictures if anyone want to help me out a bit.

I got a few Palitoy and Trilogo, and I recently discovered I had a Palitoy Chewbacca. I am unsure what weapon it came with, I got 2. Sadly I have sold 2 and another one was broken and has been thrown away. With my luck it's probably one of those 3.

Could any of these 2 belong to Palitoy Chewbacca?
What variants are these? Dscn3665z

I think these are kenner, but they look completely different, was there a difference between lets say Lando's gun and Lobots?
What variants are these? Dscn3666f

These two look a bit similar to ledys, though differ a little bit
What variants are these? Dscn3668y

Also got trouble to id these 2, they seem to have different shape on the side part and the dot at front also differ a bit from my others.
What variants are these? Dscn3669b

Leia or B-Wing?
What variants are these? Dscn3667g

Repro gun?
What variants are these? Dscn3670l

The figure I believe is Kenner, the staff is Kenner and the hat is Kenner. Though I can't figure out what the pouch is, it's really really flexible, and all I can see at bottom is a few dots.
What variants are these? Lograyflex
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What variants are these?   What variants are these? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What variants are these?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1