The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO   The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 12:20 pm

doc_atomic wrote:
I'll be there -- mostly filming stuff for the documentary, but also hanging out and doing my best to hit all the collector panels. (And whatever else looks cool.) My first Celebration -- totally psyched!

Sweet Brian! Can't wait to come find you! Very Happy

I'm not sure if we can do an "official" TIG meet up, but I'm sure we can do some hanging out! Very Happy There's enough of us going (I think) that I'm sure we can get together for some shenanigans! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
doc_atomic
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
doc_atomic

The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO   The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 1:26 pm

I, for one, am a firm believer in shenanigans. Shenanigans caught on tape are even better... Though not always for the shenanigan-er. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://astoundingartifacts.blogspot.com
starwarsrarities
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
starwarsrarities

PostSubject: Re: The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO   The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 2:26 pm

I went to celebration 3 a few years back, still deciding if the one this year is calling my name or not going to wizardworld in chicago and gencon in indianapolis in August, busy schedule already Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
Sandcrawler72
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Sandcrawler72

PostSubject: Re: The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO   The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 6:55 pm

So I take it these are unofficial TIG shenanigans Very Happy

I'll be there at Celebration plus it will be my birthday that Saturday. It will be my first one so I'm excited to meet everyone.

It's been a long while since I went on a vacation without my family.

So if I don't get arrested during my stay... I'll consider it a successful trip. lol!

Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO   The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 12:58 am

Does anyone know what day of the con the room sales are usually on? I'm just trying to plan an evening to visit my friend's family, and I don't want to miss the room sales.
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO   The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:55 am

DarthTad wrote:
Does anyone know what day of the con the room sales are usually on? I'm just trying to plan an evening to visit my friend's family, and I don't want to miss the room sales.

I went to CV and was lucky enough to make it to the room sales, but I can't remember if it was Friday or Saturday night. Perhaps someone with a better memory or more experience can help?
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO   The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 11:38 am

Room sales are typically Friday evening/night sometime. Usually at or around "about that time". Very Happy

Seriously, there's really no set time they happen. It's usually after everyone gets back from dinner after the convention closes up. So... anywhere between 8 and 9 that night. My best advice would be to come to the collector's social, the archive party, collectors panels or just find some fellow vintage collectors and keep your ear to the ground. You'll hear about it. The reason it's so "hush-hush" is to keep a bagillion people from showing up, being loud in the halls and getting everything shut down. So just play it cool like Lando and you'll be fine! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO   The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 7:44 pm

Thanks for the info, Chris. I just needed to know what night to expect it on, so I could make plans for me and my buddy to visit his family there on a different night. Now that I know to expect it on Friday, it makes my life a lot easier!

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO   The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 12:27 pm

DarthTad wrote:
Thanks for the info, Chris. I just needed to know what night to expect it on, so I could make plans for me and my buddy to visit his family there on a different night. Now that I know to expect it on Friday, it makes my life a lot easier!

Thanks!

No worries! Smile

I just know that a lot of people start asking about room sales and thinking they are some inner circle thing. Very Happy They aren't, they just don't want a lot of people running around saying "hey the room sales are here and there!" and the entire state of Florida shows up at the hotel! lol!
Back to top Go down
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO   The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 1:41 pm

I don't want to wish the summer away, but damn I can't wait until Wednesday, August 22 when I arrive. We'll be staying at the Rosen Shingle Creek if anyone is trying to squeeze in a round of 18... About a half mile from the convention center.
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO   The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 8:17 pm

I have also "heard" of a 501st Patch sale at the Rosen Center on Thursday night. Though I am attending the Archive Party, I will try to do both. There are some cool Jawa patches with my name on it.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO   The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 7:11 pm

Does anyone have an estimate of what a last minute trip to orlando would cost me? Are there rooms left in the popular hotels? I'm really getting excited about it and the chance to meet Carrie, Mark and Ian and of course all you guys from TIG Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO   The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:34 am

Air and hotel from Sweden to Orlando, 4 nights, roughly $1200-1500 USD
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO   The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 2:18 pm

RebelChris wrote:
DarthTad wrote:

Thanks!

No worries! Smile

I just know that a lot of people start asking about room sales and thinking they are some inner circle thing. Very Happy They aren't, they just don't want a lot of people running around saying "hey the room sales are here and there!" and the entire state of Florida shows up at the hotel! lol!

Last time was at 9 pm @ the Rosen hotel !!! ....
by the way , bring a ton of cash if you want to buy extremely rare things!!!
Back to top Go down
ChrisGeorgoulias
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO   The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 11:41 pm

I'd say 11:30 PM Friday is more realistic. The people wandering the floors at the Rosen at 8 PM during CV were way,way too early because most folks are still at dinner that time. We really didn't getting things going at CV until 11 PM that night.

Also, there will be the Collectors Swap Meet from 6:30-8:30 PM in the Collecting Track Social Area (W304) and that's a sale of its own - just formally pat of the convention program for the first time. Then folks will head to dinner then back to the Rosen and try to find a place to commandeer for a couple of hours. Hence the more realistic time of 11:30 PM.

So go to the Swap Meet for a good pre-game for the room sales. Although with the 501st party that night and other things going on in the Rosen Center I hope we can find a spot. That 2nd floor mezzanine was awesome last time around, but who knows if that's available.

The room sales are really only that in name anymore. It was really CII and CIII that we were able to reserve half a floor at the Omni so that no outsiders were inbetween to be disturbed. At CI the crowd wasn't big enough to cause commotion so it was fine even though all of our rooms were scattered at the DoubleTree. But for CIV and CV, we had to find a big area away from the rooms because it was too loud.

Check Twitter for last minute info on it. It sort of just happens, but expect it late this time. @swroomsales

-chris
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO   The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:02 am

Looking forward to the room sales as I am staying at the Rosen with a few friends.

Damn I was at the Omni in Indianapolis for CII and CIII an d I didn't even know about the room sales!

See everyone at the Archive Party who is going and if your not, get a ticket you will regret not going.

Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO   The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:38 pm

Does anyone have any advice on what to bring or not to bring? Stuff to trade, cash, beer????
What time to arrive in the mornings???
I've never been to a celebration before so I'm not sure what to expect?
I only can be there on Thursday & Friday, then we fly back to the Great White North on Saturday at lunch time. Crying or Very sad

Clint
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO   The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 6:59 pm

Commander Clint wrote:
Does anyone have any advice on what to bring or not to bring? Stuff to trade, cash, beer????
What time to arrive in the mornings???
I've never been to a celebration before so I'm not sure what to expect?
I only can be there on Thursday & Friday, then we fly back to the Great White North on Saturday at lunch time. Crying or Very sad

Clint

Put on your seat belt and hang on! Smile

Since you are only doing two days, then definitely have a plan of attack before hand. Do you want to see the collector panels? If so, then get that figured out for times and things. Are you an autograph collector? The best times for that is Thursday first thing. The art area has some amazing artists prints available, so if you are interested in that, make sure and head over there as well. Also don't forget to head to the tattoo area and see some amazing art/artists! Very Happy

It all depends on what you are after really. If you want Convention exclusives, then be prepared to stand in line. The same goes for if you want to hit some of the major "talks/panels" like Mark Hamill, Ian McDiarmid, etc.

My best advice though, especially since you are on a tight schedule, is to soak as much of the experience up as you can. Enjoy every minute of everything and do everything you want to do.

I could rattle on some more, but really just try and enjoy yourself. There's literally TONS to see and do, and knowing that you won't be able to do everything ahead of time will make it that much more enjoyable for you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO   The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 9:20 am

RebelChris

I have gone through the list of panels and events and made myself a schedule of thing I would like to see. It's a nice mix of panel discussions and interactive events with a few costume events thrown in for good measure. I'm hoping to meet some of TIG members at the Social on friday evening. I have also left a bit of time to browse the exhibitors as well.

Is there any must bring items, that I should have for the swap meet? I have some vintage 12" figures, vintage posters and books, vintage 3 3/4" figures, etc. that I can use to trade. Nothing out of the ordinary. Or should I just enjoy the social?????

I will definitely have my camera with me, in case we see some of those hot female ewoks or female stormtroopers walking around. Very Happy

I'm actually leaving on this friday, so I'm busy packing at the moment and need to figure out what to pack.
Thanks

Clint
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO   The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 7:49 pm

Leaving tomorrow morning. Look forward to seeing some other TIGers.

http://swspaceclub.com/celebration/2012/08/19/bags-are-packed/
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO   The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 11:38 pm

Here we go! This is where the fun begins!

Leaving on a jet plane
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO   The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 12:41 am

Now fingers crossed they don't weigh your carry on luggage Smile
One more sleep, I'm getting exicted & I'm not even going. Living vicariously cheers
Back to top Go down
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO   The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:01 am

My bags are packed, Wednesday can't come soon enough!! Stormie Smiley Angry SW bounce
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO   The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:19 am

Chris,

Simply awesome and will be good to finally meet you in person. Fifteen hundred proof cards.. Hopefully, the baggage fee gods are smiling at you..

I head out Wednesday afternoon shortly after 1 PM and should make it to the Hotel around 4:30 PM.
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO   The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 12:47 pm

I decided to be like John and splurge on in flight wifi this time. Trying to make use of my $13. Smile

http://swspaceclub.com/celebration/2012/08/20/in-the-air/
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO   The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official TIG Celebration VI Thread - August 23-26 2012 ORLANDO

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next