The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Unidentified Imperial Blasters

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rupert
New User
New User
rupert

Unidentified Imperial Blasters Empty
PostSubject: Unidentified Imperial Blasters   Unidentified Imperial Blasters I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 6:39 pm

Hey all, first post on the Imperial Gunnery. I've recently decided to pick up vintage collecting again and have been using this site as a reference for a bit now, really appreciate all the work that has gone into documenting variants and repros here. With a recent lot I purchased, a childhood collection sold to me by the original owner I came across these two Imperial blasters I didn't see listed so I thought I would post them. Possibly new variants?

Unidentified Imperial Blasters Image_3
Unidentified Imperial Blasters Image_4
Unidentified Imperial Blasters Image_2
Unidentified Imperial Blasters Image_1

-John
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Unidentified Imperial Blasters   Unidentified Imperial Blasters I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:00 pm

Hi John,

First of all welcome to TIG!

I looked at your imperial blasters (nice macro shots BTW!) and compared them to the ones listed in the weapon guide.

http://www.imperialgunnery.com/imperialblasters.htm

I think your first blaster is version V1A, it has both the dent as well as the micro circle on the magazine.

Imperial blaster: Version 1A
Unidentified Imperial Blasters Imp%20Blaster%20V1%20Blue

The second blaster is less clear to me.

At first glance I thought version V1C: no dent, no micro circle and a thin rear end.。

Imperial blaster: Version V1C
Unidentified Imperial Blasters Imp%20Blaster%20V1%20Blue%20Black

But on closer examination, the clip on the magazine looks much more detailed in your gun. Also in your gun the little circle and horizontal bar (at the end of the barrel) are closely connected whereas there is a little space in the V1C version.

I therefore think it is the V4 version: Thin rear end, no distance between the little circle and bar at the end of the barrel, trapezium side clip. You can even see the slight circle indent on the magazine here.

Would be good to have some input from other members on this one.

Imperial blaster: Version 4
Unidentified Imperial Blasters Imp%20Blaster%20V3%20Blue%20Black

I hope this was helpful for you.

Cheers

Marco

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
rupert
New User
New User
rupert

PostSubject: Re: Unidentified Imperial Blasters   Unidentified Imperial Blasters I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:36 pm

Hey Marco, Thanks for the welcome!

I think you're definitely right about the V1a , on my second blaster does that circle (really more of an indentation) make it vary from the others, I didn't see that pictures in the V4.

John
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Unidentified Imperial Blasters   Unidentified Imperial Blasters I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:32 am

Hi rupert welcome to the forum.

Great pictures of those blasters Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Unidentified Imperial Blasters   Unidentified Imperial Blasters I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 5:00 pm

rupert wrote:
Hey Marco, Thanks for the welcome!

I think you're definitely right about the V1a , on my second blaster does that circle (really more of an indentation) make it vary from the others, I didn't see that pictures in the V4.

John

Well if you look at the V4 blasters on TIG's weapon guide it looks like there is a slight circle indentation on some of them, but maybe that is just my imagination. Very Happy

I think it would be good that other members give their opinion on your second blaster as well.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
rupert
New User
New User
rupert

PostSubject: Re: Unidentified Imperial Blasters   Unidentified Imperial Blasters I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 7:40 pm

pomse2001 wrote:
Hi rupert welcome to the forum.

Great pictures of those blasters Very Happy

Thanks! I just got a new camera, so I'm always looking for excuses to use it.

I found a prune face rifle too that varied a bit too, but it's possible the sight was just cut off or wear and tear from play.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unidentified Imperial Blasters   Unidentified Imperial Blasters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unidentified Imperial Blasters

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1