The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Darin1138
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Darin1138

New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage? Empty
PostSubject: New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage?   New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:05 pm

Can we count the new mail away Boba fett with the rocket as vintage? Will anyone display him with there vintage stuff? I haven't gotten the new SW in years but as a vintage collector/lover/fan I had to get one! Thanks for ebay (only $16) and I hope to get another one soon to open and display with my vintage line. I guess he isn't true vintage but he fits the style and look
Back to top Go down
shabbyblue
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage?   New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:22 pm

I've been displaying mine with other vintage stuff and I just classify it as an "official reproduction". Smile
Back to top Go down
Darin1138
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Darin1138

PostSubject: Re: New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage?   New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:29 pm

I love that Hasbro released this vintage style figure and I love the card but being it was a mail away I hoped that would have given the card a vintage back!
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage?   New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:34 pm

Glad you got one for cheap mate they were selling for silly money when they first came out.

If i went for any of them then i would go for the Mark Poon Custom as its much closer to the Original i just dont like the big rocket Hasbro used.

Mark Poon Custom Rocket Fett For Sale Thread - http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=5&Board=UBB29&Number=4550582&Forum=,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=4358292&Search=true&where=&Name=3213&daterange=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post4550582
Back to top Go down
Darin1138
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Darin1138

PostSubject: Re: New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage?   New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:37 pm

Yea I was looking to buy about $50 for it, being that if you got a "free" you still had to spend about $7 a figure and I dont want the new stuff.
Now, just need to find anther one to open. I read the post you sent but didn't see a link, is there links to buy his or pictures? Maybe I over looked it
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage?   New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:45 pm

Darin1138 wrote:
Yea I was looking to buy about $50 for it, being that if you got a "free" you still had to spend about $7 a figure and I dont want the new stuff.
Now, just need to find anther one to open. I read the post you sent but didn't see a link, is there links to buy his or pictures? Maybe I over looked it

CLICK HERE BUDDY

Here are some pictures of the Mark Poon Custom Rocket Firing Fett

New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage? Rf1

New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage? Rf3

New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage? Rf4

New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage? Rf5
Back to top Go down
shabbyblue
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage?   New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:49 pm

I bought his unpainted "prototype" Rocket Fetts on Ebay awhile back and they look really nice displayed with my other vintage Fetts. I had no idea he's made a carded reproduction. I may have to get that one too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Darin1138
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Darin1138

PostSubject: Re: New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage?   New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:50 pm

Thanks again! I had to page back to page 1 to see the images. Dumb me. Damn that's better than the Hasbro one! I would love to get that. I am amazed by his talent!
Back to top Go down
Darin1138
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Darin1138

PostSubject: Re: New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage?   New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:54 pm

How is the card board on those? Do they feel and look like a real Kenner card back? I have seen customs in the past with very bad boards.
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage?   New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 3:02 pm

If you're talking about Mark Poons carded J-Slot Fett then yes, it's pretty close to a Kenner card. I have both of Mark's carded J-Slot and a loose unpainted L-Slot Fetts and they both are very good, much better than the Hasbro one... which I also have a loose and carded. Mark's carded one is MUCH better with detail and artwork on the card and even the figure.. top notch!
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage?   New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 4:16 pm

I don't classify the new Fett as vintage, but that is because he isn't. Smile However, that doesn't mean I have a problem with displaying him with vintage pieces. It just shows that after 30 years there is still enough interest in this figure that Hasbro would go through the effort to reissue him.

jaymassive619 wrote:

If i went for any of them then i would go for the Mark Poon Custom as its much closer to the Original i just dont like the big rocket Hasbro used.

I certainly see that point Jay, but at the same time the new Hasbro rocket to me is part of the story. The reason why Hasbro has to use such a large odd sized rocket Shocked is a direct result of what happened in the 70's. They had to make it that way because of the toy laws that are in effect now. The Poon Fett is interesting though. Do we know what kind of marking the loose figure has?
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Darin1138
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Darin1138

PostSubject: Re: New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage?   New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 4:27 pm

Love your Sig!
I do love that guys work but I like that I know has a official Boba Fett with rocket, maybe its more "Hasbro" than "Kenner" but it's still a official release.
That guy should do one that looks more like the art on the back of the free offer package. Love to see that!
Back to top Go down
shabbyblue
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage?   New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 5:07 pm

Darin1138 wrote:
Love your Sig!
That guy should do one that looks more like the art on the back of the free offer package. Love to see that!

That would be a challenge for him to pull off, since the proto version pictured on the cardback for the original mail-away offer is a kitbash of the Stormtrooper arms, Death Squad Commander legs, and C3PO torso. The head and helmet look different from the final version, so he'd have to custom sculpt those too if he's aiming for accuracy.

I wonder if anyone has ever made their own kitbash custom based off that figure. According to Gus Lopez' site, the real kitbash proto has never been seen outside of the mail-away art and the first photo insert on the Star Wars vinyl case:

http://theswca.com/images-conce/proto-fett.html
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage?   New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 8:35 pm

I agree that Mark's custom is far superior to the new Hasbro edition. I have them displayed side by side in my Fett focus and Mark's is a very close replica of a true vintage Fett. The card looks way better than Hasbro's as well.

ShawnK - Mark's figures have no markings on them. That goes for the prototype customs as well. The Hasbro has China on the foot and it has a stamped number on it's leg. I'm guessing that's a serial # of sorts.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage?   New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 9:09 pm

shabbyblue wrote:

I wonder if anyone has ever made their own kitbash custom based off that figure.
Vince has : http://bobafettkitbashed.50megs.com/
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage?   New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 3:41 am

I read costume instead of custom! Laughing

Would be cool if there could be people at shows dressed up as vintage figures. Of course they wouldn't be able to bend their knees and elbows. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage?   New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Vintage Boba Fett, is he vintage?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1