The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

arkward ebay buyer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
geordie
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
geordie

arkward ebay buyer Empty
PostSubject: arkward ebay buyer   arkward ebay buyer I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 6:10 am

Hi lads,

put this in ot but gonna add bit more detail here..

sold some cardbacks on ebay, i clearly stated shipping costs in the uk and said for abroad i would charge exact shipping but please contact me for a quote, anyway a guy won 12 and when i went to send invoice seen he lives in holland, he never messaged me for shippping etc. i messaged him straight away and said i would get a quote for exact shipping, Post office quoted me £33 signed for and insured as the value is over £40, he was quite snotty and replied it is wrong to charge so much ... how much is it really??

i replied back that they are in a small box with plenty of bubble wrap etc to prevevt any damage and if the price was less than quoted i would give him difference back

he got back this morning saying just put them in a smaller box and it will be £10 to ship

again ive replied they cannot go in a smaller box and i cannot ship unregistered ( cheapest way ) as i have no protection

i cannot open an unpaid claim untill tommorow and im thinking of just cancelling the transaction as ive gotta feeling this is going to be a nightmare,

thoughts / advice please

Andy
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

arkward ebay buyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: arkward ebay buyer   arkward ebay buyer I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 6:28 am

Yikes I didn't realise that postage would be that much. Explain to the buyer Paypal require you to send it that way only. Is there any way to send it in 2 large envelopes cheaper?
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

arkward ebay buyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: arkward ebay buyer   arkward ebay buyer I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 6:32 am

Yah the seller needs to cover his ass, its too easy to send cheap only for someone on the other end to say it never arrived and keep the goods.

Postage IS definately a rip off these days, perhaps stress UK only for cheaper items, some things just arent worth it by the time you add postage.
Back to top Go down
geordie
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
geordie

arkward ebay buyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: arkward ebay buyer   arkward ebay buyer I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 6:57 am

they need to go in a box as a couple have the bubbles attatched, one is a meccano one and another mim so dont want the bubbles smashed at all, ive explained this but he seems ignorant to it, ive even said if its less than quoted i will give him the difference back !!
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

arkward ebay buyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: arkward ebay buyer   arkward ebay buyer I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 8:04 am

I'd say cancel it the transaction because he doesn't agree to the shipping terms listed in your auction. If you ship it a cheaper way he may claim he never got it or blame it on you if the bubbles get smashed.

It is getting harder and harder to deal with shipping these days. I would like to list my items with international shipping but here in the US it's very expensive and customs can be a real hassle.
Back to top Go down
geordie
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
geordie

arkward ebay buyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: arkward ebay buyer   arkward ebay buyer I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 9:02 am

ive sent a cancell transaction request through, see what he says, luckily some of the items have several bids so they may go through second chance

Andy
Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

arkward ebay buyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: arkward ebay buyer   arkward ebay buyer I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 1:55 pm

you ok andy buddy some buyers just don't understand if he was a true collector he would want them packed the best way possible to avoid any damage and realy for that many moc,s thats bloody cheap mate
i think he is just trying it on possibly so you send them cheaper without proper tracking and he will proberbly rip you off mate
he sounds dodgey to me mate think you have done the right thing to send a cancel transaction
hope you get it all sorted buddy Wink

jase
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

arkward ebay buyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: arkward ebay buyer   arkward ebay buyer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

arkward ebay buyer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1