The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me?   SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 10:30 am

Thanks for the all the help on the masks guys.

I have put some prices on my masks if any of you guys are up for them . Look in the sales part of the forum .

Soren
Back to top Go down
Yr1977
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Yr1977

SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me?   SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 5:59 pm

I dont have meny props or 1:1 scale items but i do have a AA set of tk armor and a few MR sabers and a Icon Luke saber which is really nice. Anyone else have any icon sabers??
Back to top Go down
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

PostSubject: Re: SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me?   SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 4:20 pm

Yes i have the obi saber witch is quite Nice at à fraction of the MR AFBB price.
Also own à AP stormtrooper armor.
Back to top Go down
dcarty
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
dcarty

PostSubject: Re: SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me?   SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 4:56 pm

Anybody else take the plunge on the efx Vader helmet? I was lucky enough to be able to reserve one of the Legend Editions--it's going to be a looooooong wait!
Back to top Go down
Yr1977
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Yr1977

PostSubject: Re: SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me?   SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 11:54 pm

1000 pre orders only for it! I wish i was able to dip into my pockets to get on of the 2 versions but... The brush stokes on the helmet will look real cool
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me?   SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 11:05 pm

long story short. After hearing about some people able to get life size stormtropper suit i decided to investigate and found this site.

link to FISD a site dedicated to the buidling of real stromtrooper costumes

I began reading their forums and ended up buying a helmet kit that was made from a mold of one of the original helmets of the first movie and a suit that was molded from a suit apprently used in return of the jedi.

Life size Helmet, it came in a kit that i had to assemble and paint. I spent close to a month on this after work cutting, assembling and correcting my mistakes to make the helmet. but in the end i am satisfied.

the helmets looks weird but it is the way i took the photos, it is wider at the base and not squished like the photo seem to make it appear...

SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 Helmet1

SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 Helmet2

The helmet is pretty much finished, i need to fix the lenses and shine it up a bit. It took me roughly 2 months non stop, to cut up the kit, assemble it, paint it and correct my mistakes. Now if i would get a new kit i would be able to do in no time at all since i know how to avoid the pitfalls i had from last time.

SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 Helmet4

the suit i bought later from same supplier but i got fed and put the project aside...i need to buy so many things for it that i would need to invest another 300-400$ to complete it.

the kit for the helmet cost me around 150$ it came with everything to do the helmet but the paint. If you go on FISD you can easily find a source to buy this helmet kit.

The life size suit ( the plastic shell part ) cost me close to 500$ and i had to wait several weeks for it to be done. The suit itself is a decendant of a mold from a suit and maybe a mold made from that mold so while my suit or helmet may look like the real deal, it is far from being close to the ones in the movies.

My suit was made by some dude who goes by the code name of ATA, his shop is named ataworks and he does helmets and suits upon requests. if you go thru the fisd ( site i linked above ) you will be able to read up on how to get a suit, the versions, how to build them, paint them etc etc etc....

but i have to warn you that a lot of people of that website are real nasty and stuck up. If you start asking too many questions in a short amount of time, someone will blast you and tell you to use the search engine and basically rub it in your face. I know first hand because i got suspended from their site a few times because i started topics and people just came in and pissed on me telling me i did not use the search engine and they reported me to the admins of the site who banned me for a while which contributed to the fact that i got fed up with those type of people and the suit building. but i will continue the suit next spring, i need to buy some more tools to fnish it and the other pieces missing for it.

Now on to the good stuff:

The story goes that a dude named simon inherited a real deal star wars stormtrooper suit and announced his findings on the rpf forum and he decided to cast it an sell it as a kit he and his buddie(s) made mols of the helmet and are offering kits of it for sale and also are trying to do suits as i write this. They are offering helmets that are molded directly from a helmet that was produced for the first film and may have been used on screen!

link to a thread about their suit
Back to top Go down
dcarty
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
dcarty

PostSubject: Re: SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me?   SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 4:28 pm

This is my other purchase to arrive this week and it's been an impatient wait: efx Collectibles Darth Vader Helmet - Legend Edition. For Vader collectors this is the ne plus ultra for licensed Star Wars pieces. Needless to say as a certified Vader fanatic I am psyched to finally have it in hand.

SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 DCEFX_01SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 DCEFX_03

Back to top Go down
bootyhunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
bootyhunter

PostSubject: Re: SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me?   SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 4:47 pm

That Vader helmet looks superb!
Here are my full size replica items

SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 GEDC1538

Back to top Go down
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me?   SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 5:18 pm

Good to see this thread being used again.

I've added to my collection with a big green pig alien

This is a photo from a month or so ago and I have been upgrading a lot of the parts for example the Black belts have now been replaced, a leather
vest has now been made and I've weathered the axe and brown fluffy nappy. Haven't finished it all yet but when I do I'll get some photos up.

SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 IMG_0165

SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 IMG_0172

SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 IMG_0159

SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 IMG_0241-1

Here's one of my favourite Fett photos

SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 IPhoto

Starting my Greedo costume next and I have an awesome Mask and set of hands being made at the moment (update photos included)

SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 GreedoMask001

SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 GetAttachmentaspx
Back to top Go down
dcarty
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
dcarty

PostSubject: Re: SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me?   SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 2:13 am

Wow--you guys are serious!! "Props" to your Props smoke

I don't know about a whole costume but some day it would be fun to have a Greedo mask like that and I like the Fett costume. One of my best friends is on the committee creating Fett costume standards for the 501st.

Bootyhunter--tell us more about your buckets!

Budspencer--I envy your acquisition of the SiMan armor. I've held off buying trooper armor for more than a decade waiting for that suit to come along. I have to finish Vader first.

Back to top Go down
bootyhunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
bootyhunter

PostSubject: Re: SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me?   SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 3:15 pm

dcarty wrote:
Wow--you guys are serious!! "Props" to your Props smoke

Bootyhunter--tell us more about your buckets!

They are all fiberglass and not mass produced..

The Fett helmet is a 'bobamaker' I think it's the most realistic version around.
The stormtooper one I'm told has origins to the screen used prop (don't they all..)
The Han Solo one I have no doubts that it was cast from the actual prop, I would
love to own a full size slab but I don't have room so I may just make some hands
to mount next to the face.
Back to top Go down
dcarty
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
dcarty

PostSubject: Re: SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me?   SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 5:23 pm

I've heard a lot of good things about the Bobamaker helmets. I have a GMH and an MR Fett (that I'm about to list on eBay).

The trooper bucket is the SFS I take it?
Back to top Go down
bootyhunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
bootyhunter

PostSubject: Re: SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me?   SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 6:22 pm

I'm pretty sure it is the 'set for stun' helmet,
I just sold the MR fett blaster last week..
again no room to display the beast!

I'm sure you'll have no problems selling
your items, any plans to replace them?
Back to top Go down
dcarty
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
dcarty

PostSubject: Re: SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me?   SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 12:08 am

At the moment I'm just selling the MR Fett. I'm planning on painting up the GMH myself once the metal ear set has arrived. I've been collecting original parts for it as much as possible. Still need to source the Casio circuit board but I'm in no hurry on that.

Dave
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me?   SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 3:51 pm

Those are bad-arse costumes! One of these days I would like to be a part of the 501st here in Oklahoma. Would love to visit hospitals and visit with kids in a Stormtrooper outfit or better yet... a Vader costume!

My only 'props' are Force FX sabers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfaaf.net
bootyhunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
bootyhunter

PostSubject: Re: SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me?   SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 4:01 pm

TishomingoSith wrote:
Those are bad-arse costumes! One of these days I would like to be a part of the 501st here in Oklahoma. Would love to visit hospitals and visit with kids in a Stormtrooper outfit or better yet... a Vader costume!

That would be a great idea the kids would love it..
But you'd need to be 6'4 to do a Vader lol! Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me?   SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 4:20 pm

bootyhunter wrote:
TishomingoSith wrote:

That would be a great idea the kids would love it..
But you'd need to be 6'4 to do a Vader lol! Stormie Smiley

Yeah, I'm in luck.... 6'4 1/2, 220 pounds Smile
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me?   SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 4:23 pm

Here is a photo from a mission trip w/my church I took last summer to Rio Bravo, Mexico... along side one of the Mexican 'helpers' (we built two homes).

Smile

SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 298200_2279737306255_575503245_n
Back to top Go down
bootyhunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
bootyhunter

PostSubject: Re: SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me?   SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 4:51 pm

That other guy could be a Jawa lol!
Back to top Go down
dcarty
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
dcarty

PostSubject: Re: SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me?   SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 6:24 pm

TishomingoSith wrote:

Lucky! I would kill to be able to costume as Vader. I'm 6'2". I've been told I can cheat it with inserts or lifts but that doesn't quite sit right with me.
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me?   SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 6:42 pm

dcarty wrote:
TishomingoSith wrote:

Lucky! I would kill to be able to costume as Vader. I'm 6'2". I've been told I can cheat it with inserts or lifts but that doesn't quite sit right with me.

LOL, reminds me of Seinfeld. Smile
Back to top Go down
Darth Small
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Darth Small

PostSubject: Re: SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me?   SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 7:20 pm

The only costume I could pull off would be the Rancor Keeper lol!
Back to top Go down
dcarty
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
dcarty

PostSubject: Re: SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me?   SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 10:30 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
sithtoys
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
sithtoys

PostSubject: Re: SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me?   SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:17 am

I have a pretty broad selection of props/replicas in my Vader collection as well, so add me to the list. My only problem at this
point is just trying to find some room to display things properly, which hopefully will be taken care of when the basement is
finished.
I have some cool pieces posted on my Gallery page, with brief write ups:
http://www.sithtoys.com/Gallery.html

Bill

** Master Replicas fans .. fair warning - one item on that page might give you a collective stroke Smile **
Back to top Go down
sithtoys
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
sithtoys

PostSubject: Re: SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me?   SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 4:50 pm

dcarty wrote:
This is my other purchase to arrive this week and it's been an impatient wait: efx Collectibles Darth Vader Helmet - Legend Edition. For Vader collectors this is the ne plus ultra for licensed Star Wars pieces. Needless to say as a certified Vader fanatic I am psyched to finally have it in hand.
SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 DCEFX_01SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 DCEFX_03

I have to say, that is probably the nicest P/R Vader helmet I've seen!! I don't really see anything that "throws" me about it. This is
definitely going on the to-buy list.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me?   SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SW props and replica's,are there any other collectors here on the board beside me?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next