The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

my yoda bust and other props

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
grinchy
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
grinchy

my yoda bust and other props Empty
PostSubject: my yoda bust and other props   my yoda bust and other props I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 8:45 pm

Thought I would share my latest bust of yoda, made of latex and polyfoam with acrylic eyes
my yoda bust and other props DSCF5705_zpsqgubz7rq
my yoda bust and other props DSCF5704_zpsf0wthf2k

Last edited by grinchy on Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: my yoda bust and other props   my yoda bust and other props I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 8:49 pm

This is cool. You made this entire thing from scratch? What's the next project (if there is one)? Any in progress pics to add?
Back to top Go down
grinchy
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
grinchy

PostSubject: Re: my yoda bust and other props   my yoda bust and other props I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 8:56 pm

cheers, yes I made it from scratch, I started with a clay sculpture which took around a week to finish, heres a pic of it
my yoda bust and other props Yod10_zpsawz3pzpx
I do plan on making his hands and feet and doing a full figure
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: my yoda bust and other props   my yoda bust and other props I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 9:00 pm

That's awesome. Great sculpting talent also. I don't know anything about the process of making one of these, but from the sculpture do you make a mold or is the latex layered onto the sculpture in some way? It managed to capture the details of the sculpture so I am assuming the latex must go into some sort of mold made from the sculpture or if it is layered it must be incredibly thin layers so not to lose detail. Either way is beyond my ability level.
Back to top Go down
grinchy
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
grinchy

PostSubject: Re: my yoda bust and other props   my yoda bust and other props I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 9:08 pm

once the sculpture is finished I then make a two part plaster mould, when that sets I pop it apart clean the clay out and its ready to add the rubber, a few thin coats of rubber is brushed in then that is backed with a two part polyfoam which rises and fills the mould, once that sets I pop the mould apart and pull out thee rubber head and then paint it and add the final details, sounds pretty complicated but its very straightforward
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: my yoda bust and other props   my yoda bust and other props I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 8:49 am

That is awesome, Fantastic job. :clap:
Back to top Go down
grinchy
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
grinchy

PostSubject: Re: my yoda bust and other props   my yoda bust and other props I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 11:09 am

Cheers, it was a fun project, glad you like it
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: my yoda bust and other props   my yoda bust and other props I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 12:11 pm

Thanks for sharing the pics here. That is just incredible :clap: Really good job and makes me think of ESB Yoda. Hope you do more stuff like this, I'd love to see stage-by-stage pics.
Back to top Go down
grinchy
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
grinchy

PostSubject: Re: my yoda bust and other props   my yoda bust and other props I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 12:45 pm

Thank you, empire yoda was the look i was going for, i haven't done many star wars projects, heres my latest the weathered millenium falcon and x wing
my yoda bust and other props DSCF5774_zpsgktraofv

my yoda bust and other props DSCF5772_zpskateh3yu
Back to top Go down
grinchy
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
grinchy

PostSubject: Re: my yoda bust and other props   my yoda bust and other props I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 12:52 pm

Heres a piece i finished for a friend, i bought the moulds for this yoda in carbonite a few years ago, its around 7 inches tall, i made this from resin and painted it, a cool little prop

my yoda bust and other props Crackle%20effect_zpsc7ujikhz
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: my yoda bust and other props   my yoda bust and other props I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 1:19 pm

Loving the falcon and x-wing, good work !!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: my yoda bust and other props   my yoda bust and other props I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 1:31 pm

Nice weathering jobs on the ships. The Yoda in Carboite is really cool and makes for an interesting prop.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: my yoda bust and other props   my yoda bust and other props I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 10:24 pm

Grinchy, I just accidentally found your thread over on swfuk. You make some really awesome stuff. Feel free to share some of that over here also. Doesn't have to be all Star Wars.
Back to top Go down
grinchy
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
grinchy

PostSubject: Re: my yoda bust and other props   my yoda bust and other props I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 4:43 pm

cheers i'll change the thread title and add pics here,
Back to top Go down
grinchy
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
grinchy

PostSubject: Re: my yoda bust and other props   my yoda bust and other props I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 4:50 pm

heres a mini fridge magnet i finished today, only small, i'm also doing a george lucas one

my yoda bust and other props DSCF5808_zpsxzdw7rix

Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: my yoda bust and other props   my yoda bust and other props I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 5:34 pm

That is awesome detail being it is so small.
Back to top Go down
grinchy
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
grinchy

PostSubject: Re: my yoda bust and other props   my yoda bust and other props I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 6:29 pm

cheers, i finished the george lucas version to, heres both of them, as a joke i have george holding jar jars head

my yoda bust and other props DSCF5817_zpszcmzl5vt
Back to top Go down
grinchy
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
grinchy

PostSubject: Re: my yoda bust and other props   my yoda bust and other props I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 6:48 pm

Heres a few non star wars pieces i have finished, first up is ET, i  yoda and ET are my favourite movie creatures

my yoda bust and other props DSCF3880_zps0rul1zqf

this is a reaper vampire  from blade 2
my yoda bust and other props 35489_10150820956163577_663198490_n_zpso30yyqxh

next a critter from the eighties flick critters
my yoda bust and other props DSCF5700_zpsbwlovwpc
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: my yoda bust and other props   my yoda bust and other props I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 2:26 am

I logged in just to say.. keep up the excellent work!

Laughing Smile Smile Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: my yoda bust and other props   my yoda bust and other props I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 5:24 am

Grinchy, the ET and reaper vampire are just stunning pieces of work! :clap:
What scale are they? They look pretty big - about the same size as a human skull, or are they more miniature scale?
Back to top Go down
grinchy
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
grinchy

PostSubject: Re: my yoda bust and other props   my yoda bust and other props I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 7:59 am

thanks folks, glad you like them, they are all lifesize pieces, made in a variety of materials, usually latex and polyfoam which i use a lot, ETs eyes were clear christmas baubles which i backpainted.
I've made loads of things over the years, mostly horror related, but i do like making star wars stuff, hope to do more over the coming years
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: my yoda bust and other props   my yoda bust and other props I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 9:17 pm

Keep up the awesome work. So far I am loving seeing this stuff. Some of the pieces I have seen from you would fit right in at the chickenshack house of horrors. I know I shared your thread with James and I am pretty sure he liked it.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: my yoda bust and other props   my yoda bust and other props I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 2:39 am

Wow awesome work on all the items the Falcon and X-Wing are very cool so is the Yoda bust keep up the fantastic work.
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: my yoda bust and other props   my yoda bust and other props I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 4:19 pm

Grinchy, Great work mate, Awesome work :clap: cheers
Back to top Go down
grinchy
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
grinchy

PostSubject: Re: my yoda bust and other props   my yoda bust and other props I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 6:00 pm

Thanks guys appreciate it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my yoda bust and other props   my yoda bust and other props I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my yoda bust and other props

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next