The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 11:35 pm

OZIO wrote:

Variations have been found on some of the LL ESB line figures such as different materials, coo, molds and accesories but as LL CCP was not part of this line it's very unlikely that we can find a new LL CCP variation without this two characteristics (bright yellow gloves and boots and white hard torso).
I hope this info helps.

Ozio

great info ,Ozio Very Happy
Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 7:38 am

snaggletooth wrote:
STR1968, Palitoy makes a lot of good sense now mate. I think I got a little excited how close he compared to my Ledy CCP, Thanks for your reply.

Great Information again Ozio, Is there a common variant of the Ledy CCP?

Yes, you can find LL CCP with grey paint on circle/belt/holsters...
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 312744_140634662694210_100002430325347_233492_3914738_n
silver paint...
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 316450_140639746027035_100002430325347_233502_1620964_n
or mixed.
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 304984_140634629360880_100002430325347_233491_3325361_n

Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:20 am

Thats Great to know Ozio, Thanks
Back to top Go down
Lee_m
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Lee_m

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 2:26 pm

I wanted to add this into the Ledy mix. Many People (myself included)
thought that the only true black Ledy blaster is the solid black one at the top
of the picture. The one underneath is also 100% genuine ledy. It is a very
dark blue/black and also shiny, as can be clearly seen against the solid black
version. This came from Ozio and is 100% confirmed Ledy.

Here is a link (hope he doesn't mind) to Todd Hudson's RS FS items. The moc LL
imperial commander appears to have this same colour blaster if you look carefully.
http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=5&Number=4666343&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1#Post4669012#4666343

Any one else aware of this variant until now and/or have one in their collection?

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 Picture477
Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 2:39 pm

the ledy imperial commander of Todd Hudson's on rs looks like the solid blue ledy blaster it came with both blue or black blasters

have you asked todd what colour it is ?
Back to top Go down
Lee_m
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Lee_m

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 5:30 pm

jason11272stacey wrote:
the ledy imperial commander of Todd Hudson's on rs looks like the solid blue ledy blaster it came with both blue or black blasters

have you asked todd what colour it is ?

No, i haven't asked him mate, but it looks too dark to my eyes to be the solid blue Ledy blaster.

Anyway, any Ledy collectors on here have/aware of the the bottom blaster in the pic?

Ozio, i'd love you to chime in Smile
Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 6:33 pm

Nice picture Lee.
Hey Jase the dark blue gun that Lee has is different to the 'regular' blue LL Blaster, here's a pic of the 'regular' LL blue blaster:
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 293166_143289522428724_100002430325347_241866_600501_n
against Lee's you can see two type of blue guns...
I don't have another dark/blue example, does anyone has one?
Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 7:52 pm

are you talking about this one ozio mate the pbp/ledy blue/black blaster

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 Cemm4c11
Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 7:14 am

Yes buddy, that one. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lee_m
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Lee_m

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 9:17 pm

mmmm.....

What colour is that blaster you have posted a pic of Jason? It looks like
an early green (possibly translucent) blaster? It doesn't look the same
solid shiny black as the one i have posted up.. unsure

Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 10:05 pm

hi lee this is my understanding of this bluey/green/black blaster
i have been doing a bit of reserch on this for a wile

the mold for the ledy blaster and pbp blaster was used by both factorys
if you look at the mold its self the line and dot are the same and the magazine clip is the same
allso ledy blasters blue and black come with bump and no bump under the magazine clip i have seen a ledy moc with the solid black ledy blaster with the bump under the magazine clip
so the mold for the ledy blaster and the mold for the pbp blaster are the same mold just used in diferent factorys at diferent times
i allways thought that the ledy blasters was solid blue and solid black and the pbp one was the blue/green/black
same mold just diferent colour plastic , but untill recently i got a ledy boba fett that came originaly from luis in mexico and it came with the what i allways thought was a pbp blaster
i have seen a thread somewhere i think it was on here saying it was a ledy/pbp i allways thought they caled it that because it was a ledy mold but made in the pbp factory but i could be way off

the blaster you have put up is the first one i have seen what colour is it looks like a shiney solid black ?
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 11:49 am

I found this Stormtrooper in my collection and it looks very strange.

I do not know where I have it from but could it be a Lili Ledy ?

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 Sta60020

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 Sta60021
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 5:40 pm

jason11272stacey wrote:
hi lee this is my understanding of this bluey/green/black blaster
i have been doing a bit of reserch on this for a wile

the mold for the ledy blaster and pbp blaster was used by both factorys
if you look at the mold its self the line and dot are the same and the magazine clip is the same
allso ledy blasters blue and black come with bump and no bump under the magazine clip i have seen a ledy moc with the solid black ledy blaster with the bump under the magazine clip
so the mold for the ledy blaster and the mold for the pbp blaster are the same mold just used in diferent factorys at diferent times
i allways thought that the ledy blasters was solid blue and solid black and the pbp one was the blue/green/black
same mold just diferent colour plastic , but untill recently i got a ledy boba fett that came originaly from luis in mexico and it came with the what i allways thought was a pbp blaster
i have seen a thread somewhere i think it was on here saying it was a ledy/pbp i allways thought they caled it that because it was a ledy mold but made in the pbp factory but i could be way off

the blaster you have put up is the first one i have seen what colour is it looks like a shiney solid black ?

jason11272stacey wrote:
pbp/ledy blue/black blaster
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 Cemm4c11

Hi Jase, Is this the blaster you got from Mexico mate. Looks like the PBP variant me, have you compared it to another PBP. could it be posible that the seler made a mistake? I think Ledy/PBP referd to Made by both. It is only the plastic that tells these apart ye?
Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 7:03 pm

HI mate i got this picture off ebay as i have not got the blaster anymore or saved any pictures of it
but it is the same one and no i did not compare it to a pbp as i havent got one but the molds are the same
i supose it is posible for any seller to make a mistake, but i would not have thought so in this case as luis is a seasoned mexican dealer and ozio has just allso confermed it ,2 mexican sellers that i 100% trust
if you think about it the ledy factory had no quility control so why should it not be posible that there can be slight variations in plastic colour
they would have used the same mold for the solid blue and the solid black blaster so changeing from 1 colour plastic to the other colour, then why not get a mix of black and blue anything is posible ?

jase
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 7:28 pm

jason11272stacey wrote:
HI mate i got this picture off ebay as i have not got the blaster anymore or saved any pictures of it
but it is the same one and no i did not compare it to a pbp as i havent got one but the molds are the same
i supose it is posible for any seller to make a mistake, but i would not have thought so in this case as luis is a seasoned mexican dealer and ozio has just allso confermed it ,2 mexican sellers that i 100% trust
if you think about it the ledy factory had no quility control so why should it not be posible that there can be slight variations in plastic colour
they would have used the same mold for the solid blue and the solid black blaster so changeing from 1 colour plastic to the other colour, then why not get a mix of black and blue anything is posible ?

jase

Thanks Jase, Your dead right mate. Was just asking as I have a couple of these blasters and was trying to work out what they are.
Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 12:25 am

Hi Guys, This is what I know...
There are 4 type of Imperial Blaster that you can find with LL figures (well I've found them on LL figs):
Both type of guns black and blue can be found with and without the bump under the magazine clip.
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 2011-348

Depending on the lighting the blue LL gun can look 'greenish':
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 2011-349 THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 2011-350
So I think that this gun it's a LL Blue one:
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 Imagen14

Now, what I don't know is, what's with this one (bottom one):
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 Azul_m10
as it's color is like a deep purple and it has all the characteristics of LL.

What do you guys think?

Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 1:55 am

hello ozio my friend Very Happy

here is a posibilty/maybe on the deep purple blaster

i noticed it is shiney and is not formed as good as the one above
i know that this pic is not a blaster and is a ledy com link but look how it is miss shaped and shiney
so maybe this is why the blaster is like it is
as for colour i refer to what i said before ledy poor quility control

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 Ll20cc11

here is what marco said about the ledy com link .....

Like the comm links in your pictures, the Ledy commlink has a V2 mould.

In a previous discussion (Ozio, Uli, Jay, Javi, Rob, and me) we more or less concluded that Ledy used the V2 mould to cast their comm links, though using a darker plastic than Kenner did.

Probably the V3 'nipple' mould is not a real mould. This type of comm link was produced when the comm links were removed from their mould too early after casting. Because the plastic was not hardened enough it was deformed ("nippled") because of the used physical force. LL's Quality control didn't matter and so that's how we ended up with the V3 comm links, which actually are V2. Other examples to support this theory are the deformed COOs of the Ledy Yoda and Gam Guard which you see sometimes.

as for the blaster i posted the blue/black it is posible it is down to the way the picture is taken
as i did get the picture off ebay so it could be a blue with bad pic
but having said that i did get a blaster from mexico with the ledy mold that was blue/black

Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 5:09 am

OK I see your point buddy and... sounds good, I agree with you about the quality control of LL accesories so probably that is what could have happened...
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 8:40 am

Is there no one who know about the stormtrooper :SOS:
Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 11:06 am

hi lars i can tell you that you can get a normal hong kong stormtrooper with the thicker head band and the wider mouth gard but it is just a hong kong figure

i would say that yours is not ledy imo because it just looks like the hong kong coo has partly rubbed away
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 11:17 am

jason11272stacey wrote:
hi lars i can tell you that you can get a normal hong kong stormtrooper with the thicker head band and the wider mouth gard but it is just a hong kong figure

i would say that yours is not ledy imo because it just looks like the hong kong coo has partly rubbed away

Hi Jason, thanks for the help.

It is a very strange figure it looks like some parts of the figure is painted white :scratch:
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 1:41 pm

pomse2001 wrote:
jason11272stacey wrote:

Hi Jason, thanks for the help.

It is a very strange figure it looks like some parts of the figure is painted white :scratch:

Have you got one of those lights to check if the figs been touched up mate?

Next time I get my ST out I'll check the 2 line COO variants to see if there is any that match the date position. Either way he's a cool fig and I haven't seen that COO before.
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 8:29 pm

snaggletooth wrote:

Have you got one of those lights to check if the figs been touched up mate?

Next time I get my ST out I'll check the 2 line COO variants to see if there is any that match the date position. Either way he's a cool fig and I haven't seen that COO before.

What kind of light do I need to see if it is touched up ? For me it looks like the stormtrooper is painted white on arms, head, legs and body.

I have it from a lot that I bought 5 or 6 years ago so it was never sold to me as a ledy.

I am also checking all my stormtroopers now for variants. I have found many variants and also again some variants there is not in the coo guide.

Thanks for the kind words.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 4:05 pm

pomse2001 wrote:

What kind of light do I need to see if it is touched up ? For me it looks like the stormtrooper is painted white on arms, head, legs and body.

I have it from a lot that I bought 5 or 6 years ago so it was never sold to me as a ledy.

I am also checking all my stormtroopers now for variants. I have found many variants and also again some variants there is not in the coo guide.

Thanks for the kind words.

I think it's some kind of UV light to check your figs mate, I had a look for the link but cant find it, maybe some one else can help.

I have a few ST variants in my Lime lite also that are not in the guide.

Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 6:11 pm

snaggletooth wrote:

I think it's some kind of UV light to check your figs mate, I had a look for the link but cant find it, maybe some one else can help.

I have a few ST variants in my Lime lite also that are not in the guide.

Thanks for trying, maybe some one else can help :-)

Yes I love the variants in your lime lite, it inspired me to check my figures again and I have found so many new variants :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 19 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next