The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

website suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

website suggestions Empty
PostSubject: website suggestions   website suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 5:03 am

No offence intended, hope some feedback helps:

I don't like the admin blue colour on the black background, could that be changed? perhaps a lighter blue ?

The planet + Death star logo are a bit tacky, I am happy to help and make something up for you guys but some feedback keywords as to what TIG stands for could be helpful

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: website suggestions   website suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 5:08 am

a pale blue for the admin/mod names would work nicely i think
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: website suggestions   website suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 7:27 am

TIG is short for "The Imperial Gunnery"

This forum was born out of this site - http://imperialgunnery.com/ Which was built and is maintained by Jay (the head admin of this forum)

That should explain the TIG abbreviation.

As for any suggestions/ideas or even real help (pictures/banners etc) they are more than welcome , show us what you can do and if it looks good I have no doubt Jay will be happy to change things over Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: website suggestions   website suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 7:50 am

Joe_O wrote:
TIG is short for "The Imperial Gunnery"

This forum was born out of this site - http://imperialgunnery.com/ Which was built and is maintained by Jay (the head admin of this forum)

That should explain the TIG abbreviation.

As for any suggestions/ideas or even real help (pictures/banners etc) they are more than welcome , show us what you can do and if it looks good I have no doubt Jay will be happy to change things over Smile

As Joe said TIG is just and abbreviation for the The Imperial Gunnery the same as RS is used for Rebelscum and SWF for starwwarsforum etc

Regarding the Moderator name colour that is a designation set by the PBPbb platform that we use.

Jay
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: website suggestions   website suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 7:53 am

i never knew i could type so.. nice Smile

i have some graphics online over at http://www.hyver.com
not really graphic design but maybe it shows i can hold a pencil Smile

as for meaningfull keywords, i meant that in a more abstract kind of way
i know what tig stands for, silly... seeing as it's up on every page in the fascinating header image Wink
(forgive my cockiness.. i'm as tired as you lol)
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: website suggestions   website suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 7:58 am

Wow nice artwork! I am a bit of a sucker for art so I am looking forward to what you might be able to come up with!
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: website suggestions   website suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 8:03 am

LOL and I sent you a PM asking if you could paint Smile
I forgot all about that link thatwas posted of your site a little while back Embarassed
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: website suggestions   website suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 10:23 am

Joe_O wrote:
Wow nice artwork! I am a bit of a sucker for art so I am looking forward to what you might be able to come up with!

I am the same way. I'm lucky if I can draw a damn stick figure, but I could look at art all day.

I really like what you have posted on your website Wouter. Thanks on the suggestions and I agree about the admin text color. I have to try and go by the avatar to figure out who it is, but I just thought maybe it was my 30s catching up to me. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: website suggestions   website suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 10:33 am

hey wouter just make time to help me paint the dio oke Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: website suggestions   website suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 10:39 am

Hyver wrote:

The planet + Death star logo are a bit tacky, I am happy to help and make something up for you guys but some feedback keywords as to what TIG stands for could be helpful

Very Happy
Hyver wrote:
i never knew i could type so.. nice Smile

i have some graphics online over at http://www.hyver.com
not really graphic design but maybe it shows i can hold a pencil Smile

as for meaningfull keywords, i meant that in a more abstract kind of way
i know what tig stands for, silly... seeing as it's up on every page in the fascinating header image Wink
(forgive my cockiness.. i'm as tired as you lol)

I still am unsure what you mean about Key Words??? If your referring to the forum meta tags to achieve Google / search engine rankings than that all been processed?

The thing to remember is this forum only went live on the 21st November 2010 so we are less than a month old the main things we wanted to get in place from the beginning were a proper .com installed, no AD Words or AD Banners for members and to try and keep some continuity to the main TIG reference site. Setting up any forum is a huge challenge as the vast majority (about 99%) don't take of so a large part of the focus in recent weeks has been invested in building a solid vintage collector community (Which i think is going really well and we have a cracking bunch of top guys here already!). If you look at Rebelscum the actual forum itself and the associated graphics are about as basic as they come but ultimately the site is a success due to the members.

The main aim of the Main TIG reference site was content quality as those who have been involved from the beginning know that i only accept the best quality pictures of the weapons / accessories.

The main aim of the TIG Forum was functionality and to put together the best forum features that are out today. For example the intergrated live Chat embedded into the home page. We had been using flash clients previously on the main TIG site and the one i set up on a blog for SWF but been flash based they didnt work on mobiles,iphones, PDA's and any other machine without flash which is why we opted for a dos based client. For those who understand and can write in HTML and other codes this forum allows then to make the best use of it.

We also decided to go for the newer and more customizable PBPbb platform we will allow us far more scope for development in 2010 but i can only allocate so much time to this until after Xmas.

There are lots of options available and things we are considering for 2010 just one example is a private album system for all users on the site but again this type of set up means additional money on top so we would only consider that step if the demand was there.

There is a 2 year time scale in place and we are constantly working on new improvements and developments for both sites and like my posts in the reference section show i am constantly looking out for contributors. Smile

The forum header is certainly on the to do list and i have already starting some new graphics in Photoshop CS4 however if you have the skills in the field buddy and can put together something that would great and as always i am more than happy to consider anyone's input in any of the areas under development.

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: website suggestions   website suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 10:42 am

I have also moved this topic to the T.I.G Content and Reference Library as thats more appropriate than Off Topic.

wouter what programing and file formats do you use for your graphics development?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: website suggestions   website suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:25 pm

The modified colour for admins and mod names is a treat on the eyes ! Glad it was changed Smile Thanks Jay
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: website suggestions   website suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 4:42 pm

Joe_O wrote:
The modified colour for admins and mod names is a treat on the eyes ! Glad it was changed Smile Thanks Jay

Yeah it took a while but i worked out how to do it Smile

I think it looks better do you think the colour is ok?

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: website suggestions   website suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 5:03 pm

Joe_O wrote:

That colour is indeed very nice.

Makes me want to be a moderator as well. Wink
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: website suggestions   website suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 5:04 pm

once again, jay rhymes with YAY!
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: website suggestions   website suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 12:28 pm

Hyver wrote:

unsure
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: website suggestions   website suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 12:31 pm

jaymassive619 wrote:
Hyver wrote:

unsure

Its like Yo, Joe. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: website suggestions   website suggestions I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 3:40 pm

I think its been discussed before but why not have a banner competition and rotate all the entries from a list (every refresh/log in displays a different entry).

Winner gets a Klaatu or something Razz
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

PostSubject: Re: website suggestions   website suggestions I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 3:49 pm

Nice suggestion Rob Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: website suggestions   website suggestions I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 4:59 am

Anything happening with the TIG t-shirts?
Lets get a comp up soon for the designs. Mem is coming....
Back to top Go down
chazgreentooth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
chazgreentooth

PostSubject: Re: website suggestions   website suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 10:30 am

Yeah! be great to get 'em done before Mem! Just an imperial insignia with T.I.G on a Black shirt? Could have it on the shoulders maybe? lol!
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: website suggestions   website suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 10:41 am

Tank1252 wrote:
Anything happening with the TIG t-shirts?
Lets get a comp up soon for the designs. Mem is coming....

Im all for the idea but i personally dont have the time are contacts to make it happen im over committed with time on the LL Guide however i would be more than happy for somebody else to take ownership of it and make it happen though Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: website suggestions   website suggestions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

website suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1