The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed ! Empty
PostSubject: Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed !   Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed ! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 8:41 am

Does anyone have a boxed Imperial Shuttle? If so can I trouble someone for the box dimensions? Trying to help out someone and want to know if the USPS can ship it
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed !   Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed ! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:11 am

Darthberizing wrote:
Does anyone have a boxed Imperial Shuttle? If so can I trouble someone for the box dimensions? Trying to help out someone and want to know if the USPS can ship it

Hey John, if no one comes through, I've got one in my possession right now that I can measure for you when I get back home. Is there a limit then on what USPS can ship? The one I have is going on to another collector and I'm hoping to get it shipped out in the next day or two. I didn't think there would be any problems other than a huge shipping charge.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed !   Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed ! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:17 am

Shawn

The USPS has a girth maximum for outside the US. Can't be more than 79 inches (Hieghtx2+Widthx2+Length)
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed !   Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed ! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:21 am

That's about 2 metres right? Hope we'll be okay Shawn.
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed !   Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed ! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:36 pm

Lol, i feel sooo lazy....
Cheers guys!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed !   Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed ! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:43 pm

Mattais was nice enough to post the dimensions.

17 1/8 by 20 by 14 1/2

The issue is that the USPS will only allow a 79" total girth. To get that would the two smaller sizes times two plus the longest side. That's 72 1/4 (31 5/8 x 2) plus the 20 so total girth is 92 1/4.

When you get over the 79 mark you have to using Global Express which is several hundred dollars.

Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed !   Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed ! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:52 pm

So there's no way to ship an Imperial Shuttle out of the States at a realistic price then?
Well that's that. Crying or Very sad
Thanks for the help fellas (especially Uncle John).
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed !   Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed ! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 6:04 am

i've heard stories about euro dealers having them shipped "loose" with the box folded up..
tough luck if you're after a misb, apparently.. maybe per surface mail? if you're the patient kind
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed !   Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed ! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 6:12 am

Well, shit.

I've already bought one and had the seller send it to Shawn so that he can forward it to me.

As I've had 2 shuttles sent to me in the past 3 years without any problem (one was last year), I thought there wouldn't be any this time.

So when did those fuckers change all this?

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed !   Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed ! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 6:14 am

Tank1252 wrote:
So there's no way to ship an Imperial Shuttle out of the States at a realistic price then?
you answered your own question- via SHIP Razz it was a long time ago but I got 3 huge boxes literally shipped over- it took 4 months Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed !   Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed ! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 6:27 am

Yeah, come to think of it, that's how my stuff came over from the UK. Took 3 months. They were a bit bashed up tho...
Back to top Go down
xxGANDALFxx
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
xxGANDALFxx

PostSubject: Re: Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed !   Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed ! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 6:36 am

After his poor performance in the world cup Mr Rooney wants to help with this problem.

He recons the box is about this big :-

Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed ! D3D3DFA59D43724162CD655C9A289

By about this big :-

Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed ! Rooney380_1074379a

But Becks is sure its only :-

Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed ! 1674288976-england-david-beckham-speaks-linesman-martin-vazquez-uruguay-bloemfontein

Back to top Go down
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Pro-Tech-Models
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed !   Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed ! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 8:26 am

Good news! Shawn was able to use USPS priority to ship my imperial shuttle to me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed !   Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed ! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 10:32 am

Capetown wrote:
Good news! Shawn was able to use USPS priority to ship my imperial shuttle to me. Very Happy

I did some googling and , for whatever reason, the Netherlands goes 108" total girth. I'd love to know why
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed !   Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed ! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 10:53 am

That's weird. Sorry Tim for the false hope.
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed !   Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed ! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:01 am

That's really strange. Maybe USPS made an exception for all those boxed vehicles going there. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed !   Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed ! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:11 am

shawn_k wrote:
That's really strange. Maybe USPS made an exception for all those boxed vehicles going there. Smile

Well I got the bottom of it!! I called the USPS and 79' is max for 1st class, 108' for Priority. I told them the site and auto calculator show 79" and pointed out that the site itself shows 79". They very politely blew me off and didn't bother to explain why. Smile

Tim - PM coming!!
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed !   Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed ! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:12 am

shawn_k wrote:

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed !   Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed ! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 7:17 pm

That's great news!
I just hope there's no size limitations on packages into Australia....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed !   Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed ! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help! Measurements of a boxed Imperial Shuttle Needed !

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1