The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help: Need some Measurements of Loose Toys. Need Ewok Village

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ToddG
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

Help:  Need some Measurements of Loose Toys.  Need Ewok Village Empty
PostSubject: Help: Need some Measurements of Loose Toys. Need Ewok Village   Help:  Need some Measurements of Loose Toys.  Need Ewok Village I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:09 am

Hello All,
I am hoping you can help me out, I am trying to put together my toy room, (all the toys are still boxed up) and I was wondering if any of you loose vehicle collectors could help me out. I am trying to figure out how deep the shelves need to be.

I believe the Falcon is the biggest toy from a footprint stand point, can someone measure it for me, not worried about height just Length and depth.

Also am I correct in that the Falcon is largest, or is something else bigger, maybe the shuttle?

Thanks in advance for the help
Todd

Last edited by ToddG on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Help: Need some Measurements of Loose Toys. Need Ewok Village   Help:  Need some Measurements of Loose Toys.  Need Ewok Village I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:12 am

I think the shuttle, when extended , is the biggest.

I have a 95 Falcon (well my son has it) is it the same size? If so, I can measure it in about 30 minutes.

Well I can measure it in about 30 seconds, but I need 29 minutes and 30 seconds to get there.......... lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

PostSubject: Re: Help: Need some Measurements of Loose Toys. Need Ewok Village   Help:  Need some Measurements of Loose Toys.  Need Ewok Village I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:15 am

Same here, I've got the POFT2 falcon and the modern shuttle (saga 2?) if there the same size I can measure them for ya.
I've got a vintage ATAT if you need that.
Back to top Go down
ToddG
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Help: Need some Measurements of Loose Toys. Need Ewok Village   Help:  Need some Measurements of Loose Toys.  Need Ewok Village I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:21 am

Thanks for the offers guys, no rush as I am not quite ready, just when you have a few moments over the next couple of days.

The shuttle i would display looking at me, with the wings up, so the back of the ship to the front cockpit would be the measurement.

The falcon, I could display either straight on or side view, so I need both.

I am ok on the AT AT- It is tall but thin. I am debating between 15-16 inch shelves or 20- 24 in shelves and I want to make sure it fits.

Thanks guys
Todd G

edit: Yes the Modern Versions should be the same size.
Back to top Go down
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

PostSubject: Re: Help: Need some Measurements of Loose Toys. Need Ewok Village   Help:  Need some Measurements of Loose Toys.  Need Ewok Village I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:34 am

Shuttle from nose of cockpit to back is: 18inches long
Falcon from front to back: 21 inches long. Side to side: I'd say about just short of 18 inches counting extra space for the cockpit

I have them on a shelf that is 15" deep. The shelf is about an inch off the wall so they over hang out a little but because of the landing gears are quite sturdy.

Let me know if I messed up what you needed.
Back to top Go down
ToddG
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Help: Need some Measurements of Loose Toys. Need Ewok Village   Help:  Need some Measurements of Loose Toys.  Need Ewok Village I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:23 pm

KevinA,
Thanks that is exactly what I need, now I just need to build my room.

ToddG
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Help: Need some Measurements of Loose Toys. Need Ewok Village   Help:  Need some Measurements of Loose Toys.  Need Ewok Village I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:35 pm

Do we get some WIP in progress pics? Would love to see you put it together. What a Face
Back to top Go down
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

PostSubject: Re: Help: Need some Measurements of Loose Toys. Need Ewok Village   Help:  Need some Measurements of Loose Toys.  Need Ewok Village I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 8:49 am

No worries Todd! I just finished my room a couple of months ago so I know how frustrating all the little things can be!
Back to top Go down
ToddG
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Help: Need some Measurements of Loose Toys. Need Ewok Village   Help:  Need some Measurements of Loose Toys.  Need Ewok Village I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 5:13 pm

I dont think pictures of my moving boxes would be all that interesting. Kevin A thanks again, I like to cover the fronts of my shelves with plexiglass (keeps me from dusting) so the dimensions are a huge help.

ToddG
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Help: Need some Measurements of Loose Toys. Need Ewok Village   Help:  Need some Measurements of Loose Toys.  Need Ewok Village I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 7:16 pm

I don't know. Can't be any worse than watching paint dry Razz
Back to top Go down
ToddG
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Help: Need some Measurements of Loose Toys. Need Ewok Village   Help:  Need some Measurements of Loose Toys.  Need Ewok Village I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 9:59 am

Just had a thought that maybe the Ewok Village playset may have a bigger footprint then the falcon, Anybody got one they can measure for me?

Thanks
Todd
Back to top Go down
MasterTyvokka
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MasterTyvokka

PostSubject: Re: Help: Need some Measurements of Loose Toys. Need Ewok Village   Help:  Need some Measurements of Loose Toys.  Need Ewok Village I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 10:12 pm

The Ewok village is roughly 17 1/2 by 17 1/2in. at its base and about 18 by 19 1/2 at its widest point. So it looks like it might be slightly smaller than the Falcon. It was somewhat hard for me to get an exact measurement due to its awkward shape. Hope this helps. If you need height as well let me know.
Back to top Go down
ToddG
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Help: Need some Measurements of Loose Toys. Need Ewok Village   Help:  Need some Measurements of Loose Toys.  Need Ewok Village I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:26 pm

Thank you that is exactly what I needed. I think I am going to be ok with 20 inch deep shelves, so that will be the plan for at least part of the room. Thanks for everyones help

Todd
Back to top Go down
MasterTyvokka
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MasterTyvokka

PostSubject: Re: Help: Need some Measurements of Loose Toys. Need Ewok Village   Help:  Need some Measurements of Loose Toys.  Need Ewok Village I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 1:12 am

ToddG wrote:
Thank you that is exactly what I needed. I think I am going to be ok with 20 inch deep shelves, so that will be the plan for at least part of the room. Thanks for everyones help

Todd

Your welcome, glad I could help. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help: Need some Measurements of Loose Toys. Need Ewok Village   Help:  Need some Measurements of Loose Toys.  Need Ewok Village I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help: Need some Measurements of Loose Toys. Need Ewok Village

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1