The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 11:54 am

I hope this will help......

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 Yoda_010

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 Yoda_011

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 Yoda_012
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 12:05 pm

merlin wrote:
I hope this will help......

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 Yoda_010

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 Yoda_011

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 Yoda_012

WOW Alfonso have you got a full picture of that MOC i would love to see it!!
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 12:40 pm

Here you go.... 100% ORIGINAL MOC L.L YODA almost near impossible to find Back 14 Negative.

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 Yoda_013

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 Yoda_014
Back to top Go down
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 1:59 pm

Okay, Adolfo.. Now you are just showing off!! : )

Here is a better photo of my Ledy snake. Can anyone tell which one it is compared to Wolff's photo?

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 Llyoda13

-chris

PS - James, why are you "undersided"?? ; )
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 2:07 pm

hey chris....your cutcard is a MIM or a Ledy card???

Wolff
Back to top Go down
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 2:10 pm

100% Ledy.. So why didn't you answer my question?? : )
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 2:14 pm

xiskool wrote:
100% Ledy.. So why didn't you answer my question?? : )

because it seems like the wrong snake :scratch:

Maybe the circles on the bottom of the head are diffrent....I only have pic and could compre the ones with circle on top of head!

edit: yeah if I remeber right the ones with circle below the head look different on the other side!

All Ledy snakes look a bit fater....they look like blown in their mouth like a ballon! Its just a tiny difference and not a different mold! Its just a slightly different material....different cooling etc....thats why it is so hard to tell!

Ledy nearly has no unique molds!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 2:40 pm

I hear ya, that is what I thought too but I wasn't sure if I was looking at the right thing. I just don't think we can say with 100% certainty that some figures or weapons only came one way, that would be just too damn easy! Seems we are learning new things all the time.

I think it would be good to get some close-up/macro shots of the other carded examples if possible.

-chris
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 6:05 pm

Hence why I'm undersided (& confused Laughing )
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 7:13 pm

xiskool wrote:
I hear ya, that is what I thought too but I wasn't sure if I was looking at the right thing. I just don't think we can say with 100% certainty that some figures or weapons only came one way, that would be just too damn easy! Seems we are learning new things all the time.

I think it would be good to get some close-up/macro shots of the other carded examples if possible.

-chris

Chris, sorry , my camara doesn`t take close-up/ macro shots, I`ll try to use another one.....

SO we have a clear shot!!! ..... I`m learning also!!!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 10:36 pm

xiskool wrote:
Okay, Adolfo.. Now you are just showing off!! : )

Here is a better photo of my Ledy snake. Can anyone tell which one it is compared to Wolff's photo?

-chris

PS - James, why are you "undersided"?? ; )

That LL MOC snake looks similar to my snake A (pics below), including something which looks like a dent on top. Chris: does it have a circle on the bottom too?

BTW: Superb MOC Merlin!! Pity you can't have macro pics of the snake yet. Let's be patient and wait for Jason's pics.

Snake A (bottom)
Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 P100619_125710

Snake A (bottom)
Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 SnakeA

Snake A (top)
Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 SnakeA2
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 11:19 pm

Not sure if these will help. I quick snapped them. Let me know.

First couple are an AFA graded ledy yoda and the rest are loose.

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 Img_1144 Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 Img_1145 Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 Img_1146 Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 Img_1147 Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 Img_1148 Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 Img_1149 Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 Img_1150

Jason
Back to top Go down
enigma01
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 1:54 am

hi to All,

once all settled, would it be possible to include yoda to the ledy guide found in this site?

that would be very helpful to a lot of collectors celebrate

thnaks
Back to top Go down
xiskool
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
xiskool

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 2:48 am

Jason,

Curious to hear your thoughts but I don't we should confuse things with a AFA-graded items unless they are u-graded (i know - evil, evil, evil) or we know 100% that they came from a sealed card. They don't look for a specific Ledy accessory variant (at least for non-GAS tier items) and I don't think some people realize this. I also don't think loose samples are all that useful in this case unless we know the provenance.

Close-ups of sealed figures is the way to go, at least in my opinion.

-chris

edit: Dr. Dengar - Yes, there is a circle on the bottom of the head on my Ledy snake and looks identical to yours.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 3:52 am

sacko wrote:
Not sure if these will help. I quick snapped them. Let me know.

First couple are an AFA graded ledy yoda and the rest are loose.

Jason

Great pics Jason. I think these will help us further to get eventually to the bottom of this snake quest.

I think it is important to summarize what we have got sofar to keep us on track.

Note: From the pics it is hard to judge wheter a dent between the 'eye brows' is present or absent. So correct me if i am wrong here, and I will edit this post.

EDIT:
- added Jay's pic which is planned to be used for the Lili Ledy guide
- added numbers for each pic to make discussion easier in the following posts, I hope more pics will follow, especially macro pics from MOCs
- added Alfonso's close up pic from a LL Yoda MOC

1) Brownish orange snake, circle on top, no dent (Jay's pic from a loose LL Yoda)
Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 IMG_3929

2) Brownish orange snake, circle on top, no dent (Wolff's pic from a loose LL Yoda)
Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 Img_0543

3) Brownish orange snake, no circle on top (edit:) but circle at bottom, dent (Chris' pic from a cut card LL Yoda, the most reliable source sofar, I mean from a research point of view!! Very Happy. (edit:) and now we also have Alfonso's pic no. 13 from a LL Yoda MOC )

4) Brownish orange snake, no circle on top, no dent (Jason's snake #1 from a AFA graded loose LL Yoda)
Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 Img_1144

5) Brownish orange snake, no circle on top, no dent (Jason's snake #2 from a AFA graded loose LL Yoda)
Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 Img_1145

6) Brownish orange snake, no circle on top, no dent (Jason's snake #3 from a loose LL Yoda)
Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 Img_1146

7) Brownish orange snake, no circle on top, no dent (Jason's snake #4 from a loose LL Yoda)
Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 Img_1147

8 ) Brownish orange snake, circle on top, dent (Jason's snake #5 from a loose LL Yoda)
Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 Img_1148

9) Greenish orange snake, circle on top, dent (Jason's snake #7 from a loose LL Yoda)
Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 Img_1150

10 ) Brownish orange snake, no circle on top (edit:) but circle at bottom, dent (my own Snake A from a loose LL Yoda)
Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 SnakeA2

11) Brownish orange snake, circle on top, no dent (my own Snake B from a loose LL Yoda)
Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 SnakeB

12) Greenish orange snake, circle on top, no dent (my own Snake C from a loose LL Yoda)
Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 SnakeC

13) Brownish orange snake, circle on top?, dent? (Alfonso's snake from a LL Yoda MOC). ALFONSO: you maybe have a pic which is less exposed?
Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 Yodamo10

At first appearance both the dented and non-dented snakes seem to have a LL origin.

It's about time for more macro pics from LL Yoda MOCs or cut cards. But who owns these?

OVERVIEW TABLE (will be updated once a while)

Snakes: Lili Ledy Yes or NO

3 YES (from cut off card)
9 NO (greenish snake)
12 NO (greenish snake)
13 YES (from MOC)

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:10 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 4:56 am

Alfonso that LL Yoda MOC is amazing bro!!!!!!!!

This is a great thread lads i need to set down and read this properly.

We were actually planing to add Yoda to the Lili Ledy Guide very soon so ill add the raw pictures in my next post on this thread to see what people think Smile

Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 5:28 am

Ok guys here are the raw pictures that we were planing to use for the Lili Ledy Guide Smile

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 IMG_3915

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 IMG_3916

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 IMG_3917

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 IMG_3918

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 IMG_3919

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 IMG_3920

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 IMG_3921

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 IMG_3922

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 IMG_3923

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 IMG_3924

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 IMG_3925

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 IMG_3926

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 IMG_3929

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 IMG_3932

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 IMG_3933

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 IMG_3934
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 5:55 am

jaymassive619 wrote:
Ok guys here are the raw pictures that we were planing to use for the Lili Ledy Guide Smile

Thx Jay for the great pics.

I guess Lili Ledy is always on the left (Kenner on the right) in the side-to-side shots?

I will add your snake pic together with all the others in the previous post to allow a good comparisson.

I think it is good to keep focus on the snakes right now but I am already curious about the belts. In what way the left one differs from the right in the comparisson shots? To me they look both LL (circles on the silver thing and the small pocket), though I can not judge the length of the 'linking pin' which should be longer for LL.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 6:17 am

Belt linking pin square on LL, rounded on the other :?:
Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:21 am

Not sure on that right figures accessories being standard????

I have recently been told that the right darker cane with the circles is possibly a PBP cane?
Back to top Go down
llseeker
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 7:49 pm

Hi guys, in all my years collecting LL from Mexico (since 1980), I have never ever seen or heard about a LL yoda with a greenish snake. I own a few greenish and LL snakes and in my opinion they are made from a slightly different materials, LL is a little more rubbery and the greenish one is actually very hard to get in Mexico.

Talking about canes it is a different story. I happen to own canes of all the pictured colors in this thread and they are too similar among themselves and too different from any other cane that I have seen so they could all be LL.

I have studied the PBP/LL relationship for a while, it is very likely that LL exported figures to Spain and that is why some figures, like already mentioned, are exactly the same when seen on PBP or LL cards.

My 2 cents

Carlos

Last edited by llseeker on Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:55 pm

Hi Carlos, thx for joying the discussion!

Can you comment on the pics of the different brownish orange snakes in the previous post? Some seem to have a dent, whereas some don't.

What is your experience?
Back to top Go down
llseeker
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 1:27 am

Dr Dengar wrote:
Hi Carlos, thx for joying the discussion!

Can you comment on the pics of the different brownish orange snakes in the previous post? Some seem to have a dent, whereas some don't.

What is your experience?

Hi guys, thanks for letting me in!!! This is a very interesting thread....

On the snakes: I checked all my LL snakes and clearly have the one with circle on top of head with and without dent. I also have the one with circle on bottom of head and then it becomes a little tricky, because in my opinion all have a dent, but at least one of them is so faint that could be interpreted otherwise.

I will stress out my point that there is no greenish LL snake.

In my experience (of course that I could be wrong), the greenish snake yoda and the LL yoda have a lot in common. They are made from the same mould, they both have the smaller, more detailed feet and if you check the copyright you will find out that it has exactly the same font with the "C" enlarged, with the difference that the LL figure has no coo while the greenish snake yoda has a HK coo and of course the colors of the paint and head differ significantly between them.

The accessories are very similar too. The belts are almost exactly the same, both have the circles on the "lightsaber" and pouch with the squared clip. Both canes have the circle on top. Finally, the snakes have circles on top (or bottom) of head and also at the top of the body (just behind yoda's head when put on the figure) on the same side as the head circle. The robes are quite different, the greenish snake yoda has a ribbed cape while LL's is fluffy and a little "whiter".

The differences in the accessories are plastic excess especially for belt and cane (LL has way more of it) and color for the snakes (greenish versus brown for LL). I have studied yoda variations extensively since it is one of my favourite characters and have found this to be true in all of the ones I currently own or have owned in the past. This is a very interesting test to my experience and will be proven right or wrong from your comments, so I am open completely to them......

Carlos

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 2:54 am

Gracias Carlos for your contribution!!!

llseeker wrote:

On the snakes: I checked all my LL snakes and clearly have the one with circle on top of head with and without dent. I also have the one with circle on bottom of head and then it becomes a little tricky, because in my opinion all have a dent, but at least one of them is so faint that could be interpreted otherwise.

Your snakes with circle on bottom of the head and dent on top look like Chris's snake from the cut card LL Yoda (which is also similar to my snake A from a loose LL Yoda)?

Chris: can you confirm whether there is a circle on the bottom of the head of the snake?

EDIT: the answer is YES, thx Chris!

xiskool wrote:

edit: Dr. Dengar - Yes, there is a circle on the bottom of the head on my Ledy snake and looks identical to yours.

Interesting, it seems that LL snakes can be dented or non-dented on top of the head between the 'eye brows'. We need more proof from LL MOCs to be certain off course.

llseeker wrote:

I will stress out my point that there is no greenish LL snake.

I am not realy sure whether to label some of the snakes in the pics row as truly green. At least for my own snake C it seems to have originated (faded) from a brownish orange snake, as it still has brown-orange patches. I don't know about Jason's snake #7. It could also be faded?

llseeker wrote:

In my experience (of course that I could be wrong), the greenish snake yoda and the LL yoda have a lot in common. They are made from the same mould, they both have the smaller, more detailed feet and if you check the copyright you will find out that it has exactly the same font with the "C" enlarged, with the difference that the LL figure has no coo while the greenish snake yoda has a HK coo and of course the colors of the paint and head differ significantly between them.

The accessories are very similar too. The belts are almost exactly the same, both have the circles on the "lightsaber" and pouch with the squared clip. Both canes have the circle on top. Finally, the snakes have circles on top (or bottom) of head and also at the top of the body (just behind yoda's head when put on the figure) on the same side as the head circle. The robes are quite different, the greenish snake yoda has a ribbed cape while LL's is fluffy and a little "whiter".

The differences in the accessories are plastic excess especially for belt and cane (LL has way more of it) and color for the snakes (greenish versus brown for LL). I have studied yoda variations extensively since it is one of my favourite characters and have found this to be true in all of the ones I currently own or have owned in the past. This is a very interesting test to my experience and will be proven right or wrong from your comments, so I am open completely to them......

Interesting comparisson between a LL Yoda and a Yoda with greenish snake! Is this the famous Yoda green snake?

Back to top Go down
llseeker
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 1:03 pm

[/quote]

Interesting comparisson between a LL Yoda and a Yoda with greenish snake! Is this the famous Yoda green snake?

[/quote]

Hi, yes it is..... I also agree with the comment that likely the "green" snake is the result of plastic degradation, although much has been written about it and at least to my knowledge no one is 100% sure.

Carlos
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda   Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need some help with Lili Ledy Yoda

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next