The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lili Ledy. Why so popular?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CROCKETT1984
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
CROCKETT1984

Lili Ledy.  Why so popular? Empty
PostSubject: Lili Ledy. Why so popular?   Lili Ledy.  Why so popular? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 4:29 pm

I have had vintage star wars toys for almost twenty years but only recenly have i started to buy them as a serious collector. I have never heard of lili ledy figures untill about a month ago and it seems that they are more sought after than just your typical Kenner version. Therefore, I would greatly appreciate any information as to why they seem so popluar.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy. Why so popular?   Lili Ledy.  Why so popular? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 5:49 pm

Hey Crockett & welcome to TIG Very Happy

There are a few super avid Ledy collectors on here (where are you Dan?), but speaking from why I'm trying to put together a set, its because I (pretty much) finished my Kenner set, and needed something else to collect. The Ledys for the most part are unique and look different to their Kenner counterparts, so actually look like variants when put on display (something you don't get from a standard COO variant).

Having the Cloud Car Pilot (the guy that got me into this mess) stand there with his fancy yellow boots next to the dull Kenner guy, and the Jawa get some air by taking off his hood. adds that extra something to the display (at least it will when I finally get the display happening!)

So thats one reason, but I' sure there are others...Smile
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy. Why so popular?   Lili Ledy.  Why so popular? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 6:18 pm

Hi CROCKETT1984 , I think my answer to you is very simple, like b4nth4, I already finished with my kenner set, so I was thinking that I grew up with Ledy Action figures so I started collecting them like 1 year ago, also they are very hard to get, and I like challenges.

Of course I know 3 or 4 members in this forum that are Ledy addicts!!! ....
lol! lol! lol! ( you know who you are!!!)
Back to top Go down
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy. Why so popular?   Lili Ledy.  Why so popular? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 6:21 pm

Unfair home ground advantage Merlin Wink For 1 year you have an awesome collection going already!!
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy. Why so popular?   Lili Ledy.  Why so popular? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 6:22 pm

Call me and i will come.

DAN.

Ledy's,Ledy's,Ledy's.

The Hunt,The color's,The weapon's, The variant of the Variant. so many new discoveries.it's like a big party going on for me.

Kenner stuff is plain Jane compared to the Ledy stuff.So many different weapon combo's.different mold and colored weapon's.then there are the variant of Ledy figure's which are the realy hard to find stuff i crave.Some not even pictured yet.I have some of them but have'nt shown them off yet.I've shown and tell quite a few Ledy's up here but still more to come. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Regard's Danny Boy.
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy. Why so popular?   Lili Ledy.  Why so popular? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 6:42 pm

lol! lol! lol!

DAN is one of them..........

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy. Why so popular?   Lili Ledy.  Why so popular? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 7:41 pm

It's a variant thing for me too, and Ledy have the most to collect (50 +), the other foreign lines (toptoys, glasslite etc) have far fewer.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy. Why so popular?   Lili Ledy.  Why so popular? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:59 pm

Here is my Ledy V2 Han Bespin variant of the variant.He's mint,He's beutiful and paid for.just don't have him in my hand's yet.He is safe with a very good friend,and yes he has one too,their pretty badass,and now here are the pic's.I already showed Wolff he likey. cheers cheers cheers

Lili Ledy.  Why so popular? Sl272510
Lili Ledy.  Why so popular? Sl272511
Lili Ledy.  Why so popular? Sl272512
Lili Ledy.  Why so popular? Sl272513
Lili Ledy.  Why so popular? Sl272514

These are pic's of my friend's Ledy V2 Han Solo,same as mine.Notice it originally came with a black bespin gun.My friend bought this one as a kid from the store himself nearly 30 years ago?Has it been that long,Man i feel old.

Lili Ledy.  Why so popular? 45665710
Lili Ledy.  Why so popular? 45665711
Lili Ledy.  Why so popular? 45672010
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy. Why so popular?   Lili Ledy.  Why so popular? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 12:02 am

There it is just put out one of my Ledy variant secret's.It felt good.Wolff is alway's showing 2 inches of the neck with his Ledy's now my turn a little bit. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Dan. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
CROCKETT1984
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
CROCKETT1984

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy. Why so popular?   Lili Ledy.  Why so popular? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:17 am

Well I thank u guys for the input. My other question though is, where do you all find your ledy figures? Is it mostly on e-bay or can they be found at conventions and comic stores?
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy. Why so popular?   Lili Ledy.  Why so popular? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:26 am

CROCKETT1984 wrote:
Well I thank u guys for the input. My other question though is, where do you all find your ledy figures? Is it mostly on e-bay or can they be found at conventions and comic stores?

To find a MOC Ledy is almost impossible and expensive, I have bought them from friends and collectors, only one on E-bay!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy. Why so popular?   Lili Ledy.  Why so popular? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 1:39 pm

CROCKETT1984 wrote:
where do you all find your ledy figures?
half ebay, half from forums. Of those half would be genuine LL.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy. Why so popular?   Lili Ledy.  Why so popular? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 2:50 pm

I picked up 3-4 recently at a local flea market and my Gammy guard on Ebay.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy. Why so popular?   Lili Ledy.  Why so popular? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 2:52 pm

I buy from a few good guy's in Mexico.

Dan.
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy. Why so popular?   Lili Ledy.  Why so popular? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 4:03 pm

Welcome to TIG Crockett.

I originally viewed Ledy stuff as a "flavor of the month" type thing, but they have been popular for some time. I can see why variation collectors go nuts for them and the difficulty in putting together a set. I think those are two of the main reasons collectors go after them and as some here had said, it gave them something new to go after completing their Kenner sets. I'm in the market for a loose complete Ledy Luke Jedi at some point, have the cardback now, but that will probably be the extent of what I go for. If you stick to the hobby for a while you will see that things go in cycles and are hot items at certain moments. I've seen this with store displays, proof cards, coins, etc through the years. I think some people get caught up in it and collect Ledy for that reason, but there are also a good core group that will always collect them regardless of them being popular or not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy. Why so popular?   Lili Ledy.  Why so popular? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 11:49 pm

Buy em from me dude Wink and welcome to TIG.

Jason
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy. Why so popular?   Lili Ledy.  Why so popular? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 3:58 am

sacko wrote:

Jason

LOL thats true...if you not buy directly from Mexico....buy em from Jason! Wink

Wolff
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy. Why so popular?   Lili Ledy.  Why so popular? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 4:54 am

I think some good points have been made in this thread!

I also think its worth noting that Ledy Figures are much more expensive than Kenner figures due to the rairity of them and you cant be as fussy regarding condition like you might be with standard Kenner loose collecting.

For example expect a C9 Loose Ledy Figure with Genuine Ledy Weapon to go for a very high price thats if your lucky enough to get a shot at one like that considering how many people will be sat with a wad of cash ready to pounce! There are many iconic Ledy Figures as well like the LL Boba Fett Removable rocket and the LL Jawa with removable hood expect to pay 400 - 600 dollars for one of these figures in good condition / complete.

Most people i know who collect Ledy accept that C7 -C8 with no weapons are more realistic to find.

Collecting Ledys is challenge for many reasons including - rarity especially complete good condition!, over 50% of figures sold or advertised as Lily Ledy are not! This is a greater problem on ebay, you need to network make contacts on the forums to source them and get in quick, Ledy Weapons / Accessories are incredibly difficult to find if you dont get it with the figure you have very little chance of finding the weapon on its own FS. If you collect Ledys then you need to dedicate a lot of time to researching the figures and learning all about them if you dont then your going to end up paying a lot cash for stuff that doesnt turn out to be Ledy.

Im just throwing some reasons out there ultimately the big draw is many of the Ledy Figures are just far cooler and look much better than the standard Kenner versions!
Back to top Go down
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy. Why so popular?   Lili Ledy.  Why so popular? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 5:41 am

I started my collecting of Ledys after I finished my loose Kenner run.

For me it was the opportunity of putting together a run of over 50 figures which are deemed as quite rare.

I started by picking up incomplete figures and thought I would pick up the weapons later. I soon realised it is good to be paitent and try and wait to pick up complete figures.

My advice would be to buy off the forums, not eBay.

It took well over a year to complete my basic loose Ledy run and I still have about 10 figures without weapons. However the best part of my Ledy hunt has been the friends and contacts I have made. I even got a Xmas card from one friend in Mexico.
Back to top Go down
CROCKETT1984
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
CROCKETT1984

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy. Why so popular?   Lili Ledy.  Why so popular? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 6:06 pm

sacko wrote:

Jason
I certainly would
Back to top Go down
CROCKETT1984
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
CROCKETT1984

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy. Why so popular?   Lili Ledy.  Why so popular? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 6:10 pm

Thanks guys i appreciate the information and the time you took to answer my questions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy. Why so popular?   Lili Ledy.  Why so popular? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lili Ledy. Why so popular?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1