The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

loose weapon lot ( verification please)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
geordie
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
geordie

loose weapon lot ( verification please) Empty
PostSubject: loose weapon lot ( verification please)   loose weapon lot ( verification please) I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 2:09 am

Hi lads,

Ive just won these and im waiting for delivery, seller has 100% feedback and i asked if genuine originals and he said they are, i know it may be difficult so see on this pic but just wanted a second opinion before they arrive. As far as i know there are no repo bits for the max rebo band?

Im hoping there all legit as i have a box of loose figures with no weapons and they will be happy to be reunited with their sidearms

[img:0771]http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/loose weapon lot ( verification please) Weapon10[/img]

il post some better pictures whey they arrive and i didnt want to put it out when the auction was still live

cheers
Andy
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: loose weapon lot ( verification please)   loose weapon lot ( verification please) I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 2:23 am

Geordie those are alot of weapon's.

For me to determine what is real or what is fake takes hand's on checking.

The repro market has gone out of control the scammer's out there are able to make replica's so close to the original.I'd say wait till they come in and investigate each weapon very carefully.

Sometimes people that have collected for year's have repro's and don't even know it.That's how close the fake's are.

I'm sure they're all real vintage but who know's 1 or 2 could be repro take the good with the bad.

I know this situation very well nobody like's getting fake's.

I've had alot of good luck with seller's taking back stuff and refunding me and i've had seller's stick it in my ass.

I guess it's all a gamble with some stratigies better than other's.When i buy a lot of loose weapon's from someone at one time i make them show me several detailed pic's of each weapon or no deal.

And also i try to do my homework in researching stuff out.

I took a look at your weapon's they look vintage to me but repro's are such a mthr fr.you'll have to realy check em good.

Dan.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: loose weapon lot ( verification please)   loose weapon lot ( verification please) I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 6:01 am

Hi Andy that looks a good score m8. Impossible to tell from here as you would need to take macro shots of each weapon for us to see all the little differences.

Although I will bet the two black rebel blasters are fake - only as there so many of these on the market at mo. lol my Spidey-sense is tingling on these two!

I bought all my missing blasters from a trusted guy over on RS.

As Dan says - check each one individually - use the TIG guide. Jawas Armoury is quite good too.

Unfortunately YES there are repro MRB instruments on the market - there's a w/site called Repro Parts that do a full set of the band instruments (I will post on the watchout section). Bad. Nothing is sacred here and the repro makers do not have the decency to stamp an 'R' on their sculpts to help prevent people getting effed up the arse further down the line.

At least your seller has stated to you they are original - that's most of the battle! When they say they don't know or are unsure that's the time to leave them well alone. I think you'll be okay with this haul Smile keep us informed how you get on Smile
Back to top Go down
xxGANDALFxx
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
xxGANDALFxx

PostSubject: Re: loose weapon lot ( verification please)   loose weapon lot ( verification please) I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:31 pm

lol i also got the offer for them from Hairy but was too slow to grab the bargin u got. Tbh if only 4-5 are original your quids in for the price you paid lol
Back to top Go down
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Pro-Tech-Models
geordie
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
geordie

PostSubject: Re: loose weapon lot ( verification please)   loose weapon lot ( verification please) I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 11:33 am

Gandalf, i was a bit sneaky and asked for a buy it now which he accepted loose weapon lot ( verification please) Icon_biggrin loose weapon lot ( verification please) Icon_biggrin loose weapon lot ( verification please) Icon_biggrin

im by no means an expert but i had a loook yesterday and they seem to be good ones, ive compared to pics on the reference part and imho they are a good matech, its realkly hard to see on the smaller weapons but they all have a distinct "thud" when dropped and the couple of weapons i have match in weight and feel

Andy
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: loose weapon lot ( verification please)   loose weapon lot ( verification please) I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:34 pm

Geordie good to hear you got the weapon's lot and that their all vintage.

If they make that thud sound when you drop them is a good sign there real,when you drop them and they make that ring noise you know then there the cheap plastic repro's.

I don't know but i think the repro maker's out there know about the drop test too.They'll probably make repro's that don't make that ring sound too,f'n scammere's out there realy suck their ruining the game.

Dan.
Back to top Go down
xxGANDALFxx
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
xxGANDALFxx

PostSubject: Re: loose weapon lot ( verification please)   loose weapon lot ( verification please) I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:41 pm

geordie wrote:
Gandalf, i was a bit sneaky and asked for a buy it now which he accepted loose weapon lot ( verification please) Icon_biggrin loose weapon lot ( verification please) Icon_biggrin loose weapon lot ( verification please) Icon_biggrin

im by no means an expert but i had a loook yesterday and they seem to be good ones, ive compared to pics on the reference part and imho they are a good matech, its realkly hard to see on the smaller weapons but they all have a distinct "thud" when dropped and the couple of weapons i have match in weight and feel

Andy

Fair play to ya lol, id done the same but went out just after and missed a barginz, On a side note i just won 100+ 'Vintage originals' that now look more like repros as the seller has back tracked and said 'Hes not sure as they were his sons from years ago' >.< i do pick em lol
Back to top Go down
geordie
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
geordie

PostSubject: Re: loose weapon lot ( verification please)   loose weapon lot ( verification please) I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:40 pm

Cheers lads,

i guess its a chance we all take when buying from "unknown" sellers, i message the guy first and he did say they where originals, and as gandalf said even if only a few where legit then it was still a bargain loose weapon lot ( verification please) Icon_wink

as long as there is money to be made there wil be scammers !!!

Andy
Back to top Go down
xxGANDALFxx
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
xxGANDALFxx

PostSubject: Re: loose weapon lot ( verification please)   loose weapon lot ( verification please) I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 2:01 pm

xxGANDALFxx wrote:
Big weapons purchace. These have been sold as Originals but at the price ive paid there either a BIG bargin or a BIG mistake lol Any comments (good or bad) welcome :-

loose weapon lot ( verification please) !BszLzrQCWk~$(KGrHqMOKjcEveeZ11LiBL5Z1GhHng~~_12loose weapon lot ( verification please) !BszLspwCWk~$(KGrHqMOKiMEvOQrYBwLBL5Z08K)Ow~~_12

loose weapon lot ( verification please) !BszLnDgB2k~$(KGrHqMOKkMEvOBGNrypBL5Z0vBGG!~~_12loose weapon lot ( verification please) !BszLirQEWk~$(KGrHqMOKjcEveeZ11LiBL5Z0jp,5w~~_12

loose weapon lot ( verification please) !BszLesgB2k~$(KGrHqMOKiEEvMRIJbYeBL5Z0Yw0Lg~~_12loose weapon lot ( verification please) !BszL,sQEWk~$(KGrHqQOKiYEu,)H6cjKBL5Z0PnvHQ~~_12

loose weapon lot ( verification please) !BszLVt!!2k~$(KGrHqMOKikEvOnbKY1gBL5Z0C5tg!~~_12

Needles to say im now quite aware that most if not all are fake just waiting for them to arrive to enter discussion with the seller who assured me they were 100% original but after i pay he says that hes selling for his son and not sure on them
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: loose weapon lot ( verification please)   loose weapon lot ( verification please) I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:09 pm

Oh man broham those are fake.

I just took a quick look as i scrolled down and saw the light saber's,bow's and blaster's.

So shiny and new plastic so modern and new do they have that new freah out of the mold smell. lol!

Sorry bro had to go there,tell the seller you need a refund.

Dan.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: loose weapon lot ( verification please)   loose weapon lot ( verification please) I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:32 pm

I agree with Dan on this one. If any seller is selling 100+ vintage weapons dirt cheap at one time, they are def. repros.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: loose weapon lot ( verification please)   loose weapon lot ( verification please) I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:35 pm

I've not seen a repro Lando Skiff helmet, the rest need to go in the oven Razz
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: loose weapon lot ( verification please)   loose weapon lot ( verification please) I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:40 pm

Yes! More oven-repro pics please. bounce

They're so pretty and colorful when they melt! :clap:
Back to top Go down
Tiefighterboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Tiefighterboy

PostSubject: Re: loose weapon lot ( verification please)   loose weapon lot ( verification please) I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:58 pm

Nice painted sabers.
Back to top Go down
Jetson
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Jetson

PostSubject: Re: loose weapon lot ( verification please)   loose weapon lot ( verification please) I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:11 pm

ctscanman68 wrote:
Yes! More oven-repro pics please. bounce

They're so pretty and colorful when they melt! :clap:

Or you could give them to a child with some beaters... just have to make sure the kid destroys them or loses them eventually!
bounce

The oven would be cool too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.saratogarenter.com
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: loose weapon lot ( verification please)   loose weapon lot ( verification please) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 8:56 am

xxGANDALFxx wrote:
xxGANDALFxx wrote:
Big weapons purchace. These have been sold as Originals but at the price ive paid there either a BIG bargin or a BIG mistake lol Any comments (good or bad) welcome :-

loose weapon lot ( verification please) !BszLzrQCWk~$(KGrHqMOKjcEveeZ11LiBL5Z1GhHng~~_12loose weapon lot ( verification please) !BszLspwCWk~$(KGrHqMOKiMEvOQrYBwLBL5Z08K)Ow~~_12

loose weapon lot ( verification please) !BszLnDgB2k~$(KGrHqMOKkMEvOBGNrypBL5Z0vBGG!~~_12loose weapon lot ( verification please) !BszLirQEWk~$(KGrHqMOKjcEveeZ11LiBL5Z0jp,5w~~_12

loose weapon lot ( verification please) !BszLesgB2k~$(KGrHqMOKiEEvMRIJbYeBL5Z0Yw0Lg~~_12loose weapon lot ( verification please) !BszL,sQEWk~$(KGrHqQOKiYEu,)H6cjKBL5Z0PnvHQ~~_12

loose weapon lot ( verification please) !BszLVt!!2k~$(KGrHqMOKikEvOnbKY1gBL5Z0C5tg!~~_12

Needles to say im now quite aware that most if not all are fake just waiting for them to arrive to enter discussion with the seller who assured me they were 100% original but after i pay he says that hes selling for his son and not sure on them

Sorry bro they are pretty much all REPRO's based on the picture above not sure about the Lando Helmet i've never seen a REPRO of any helmets bar the Luke Stormie.

Let us know what happens and feel free to use www.imperialgunnery.com to prove to the seller they are fake bud
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: loose weapon lot ( verification please)   loose weapon lot ( verification please) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:19 am

Yikes.I might off commented on these before.But again look's like repro city. send em back.

Dan.
Back to top Go down
xxGANDALFxx
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
xxGANDALFxx

PostSubject: Re: loose weapon lot ( verification please)   loose weapon lot ( verification please) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:10 am

I thretened the bloke with the police in the heat of an argument and up to now the items have never shown up Suspect . I placed a claim with Ebay and have recived all my money back. Im more annoyed with myself for not realising they were fakes to start with but i guess we all have to make mistakes along the way.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: loose weapon lot ( verification please)   loose weapon lot ( verification please) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:28 pm

Well done Gandalf on getting your money back, mate!
Don't be too annoyed with yourself, there's so many fakers out there I'm sure we've all been caught out one time or another. At least this scam story has a happy ending for you now you got refunded.
Smile
Back to top Go down
xxGANDALFxx
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
xxGANDALFxx

PostSubject: Re: loose weapon lot ( verification please)   loose weapon lot ( verification please) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:25 pm

if you seen some of the messages ive been getting ud understand my annoyance lol
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: loose weapon lot ( verification please)   loose weapon lot ( verification please) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 7:08 pm

Yikes.we'll if you received your money back that is good.

Also if you did'nt have to send that repro stuff back,i heard lighting em on fire or even melting them in a microwave feel's liberating?nuke the fakes and show before and after pic's of them before their burned.could be fun.4th of july is coming up blow some sht up. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

I say have fun with it and send some pic's of the stuff burned up back to the seller,that will realy feel good.

Dan. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: loose weapon lot ( verification please)   loose weapon lot ( verification please) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

loose weapon lot ( verification please)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1