The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett. Empty
PostSubject: Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett.   Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:55 pm

what do you guy's think about these bootleg's real or fake?who know's.Dan.

Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett. Ledy_s46
Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett. Ledy_s47
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett.   Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 1:17 pm

Cast from vintage figures and shite in my opinion Laughing
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett.   Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 5:01 pm

technicly , they are bootlegs , so yeah there real , and technicly a boot leg is a fake version of an og fig

so , the answer is yes and yes , they look kinda cool , but those colored yoda's where ten times cooler
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett.   Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 5:14 pm

Joe Y will be much better at answering this but if these are recently made bootlegs then its wise to realise people make these in an attempt to appeal to bootleg collectors who think they are from the 80's and early 90's, in fact they were probably made a few years ago (or even months lol) and somewhere along the line someone buys one thinking its some funky bootleg when its basically just a bit of a custom, also- think of the bootleg figures that we know are real, polish, turkish and even mexican, sure most bases are covered but they are normally the crappy figures (prune face, weequay, r5 lol) - not yak face! lol

Gotta be careful with buying into the word prototype as well, its not wise to buy anything on ebay without a good paper trail, especially ledy / bootleg / prototypes coming out of mexico.

I might be wrong as bootlegs are not my strong point but in the last year there was a guy with a yak face mold (home made I believe ) cranking out whacky coloured replicas just like this one.

Casual novelty items for $10 yes! But not $50-100 bootlegs or prototypes!

(Can we call them bootlegs of bootlegs? lol)
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett.   Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 5:16 pm

Theyre modern fakes
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett.   Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 5:25 pm

fakes
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett.   Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 5:29 pm

jimmymindtricks wrote:
technicly , they are bootlegs , so yeah there real , and technicly a boot leg is a fake version of an og fig

so , the answer is yes and yes , they look kinda cool , but those colored yoda's where ten times cooler

and no...they are not technically bootlegs jimmy.

They werent produced from a firm, packed and sold in a store with the intent to sell cheap star wars figures without license!

They were just made to fool the bootleg collectors...so clearly FAKe and only fake!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
Adam Burges
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Adam Burges

PostSubject: Re: Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett.   Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 5:34 pm

Personally I feel for something to be considered a legit bootleg it has to be bootlegged in the 80s and sold for retail value for those in countries not licenced by LFL.

I'd suggest these are from a modern mold.
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett.   Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 5:47 pm

wbobafett wrote:
jimmymindtricks wrote:

They werent produced from a firm, packed and sold in a store with the intent to sell cheap star wars figures without license!

They were just made to fool the bootleg collectors...so clearly FAKe and only fake!

Wolff

wow so serieus wolf , what's up , i thought it was pretty obvieus that my answer was not to be taken seriously

you know ive got a bit of a bootleg collection my self , so i do know the meaning of bootleg

just havin a little fun bro , iam pretty sure that everyone knows these are fake/customs/scam baits
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett.   Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 6:07 pm

jimmymindtricks wrote:
wbobafett wrote:
jimmymindtricks wrote:

Wolff

wow so serieus wolf , what's up , i thought it was pretty obvieus that my answer was not to be taken seriously

you know ive got a bit of a bootleg collection my self , so i do know the meaning of bootleg

just havin a little fun bro , iam pretty sure that everyone knows these are fake/customs/scam baits

Jimmy, that was no offense!! No way...not at you bro, you know that....

I just wanted to point out that these are no bootlegs in anyway.

I obviously didnt get the true meaning of your original post :scratch:

regards

Wolff
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett.   Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 6:47 pm

They're recently made customs. MADE to look as if they are bootleg figures. They were made for the collector market and to fool bootleg collectors, not to be used as toys. I've been offered the molds that were used to make these and turned them down. The guy actually went thru the trouble of having metal molds made of them. He's sold unassembled versions of both still on trees. They all stem from the same seller.

While ANY unauthorized SW product in the broad definition of the term is a bootleg, these figures are not bootlegs by my standards or by the accepted hobby definition of the term.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett.   Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 6:53 pm

wbobafett wrote:
jimmymindtricks wrote:
wbobafett wrote:
jimmymindtricks wrote:

Wolff

Jimmy, that was no offense!! No way...not at you bro, you know that....

I just wanted to point out that these are no bootlegs in anyway.

I obviously didnt get the true meaning of your original post :scratch:

regards

Wolff

none taken , my good friend

and your right maybe i should take my posting a bit more seriuos

specialy with all the new members , iam just getting back in my crazy kid from belgium state of self

no offence meant either just a bit surpriced of your reply

just take your angre out on my ass , i believe it should still be in yours or rob's possetion ( man this word is freaking me out how tf do you spell this again, lol)
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett.   Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 6:56 pm

Adam Burges wrote:
Personally I feel for something to be considered a legit bootleg it has to be bootlegged in the 80s and sold for retail value for those in countries not licenced by LFL.

I'd suggest these are from a modern mold.

There are tons of modern unlicensed items that are sold as retail items and not geared at the collector market. While they may not fit your tastes, they still are out there.
IF you're refering to items that look like vintage figures, many of the "Mex/SA" variants that are out there were cast in the 90s but they were still intended as toys and sold as toys, not just collectables. They're still true bootlegs in that they were mass produced and available at retail.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett.   Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 7:04 pm

hey joe, i was wondering is there a link or a site that focusses on these mx/sa bootlegs

iam interrested in learning more , as for now ive only read the pages , john a made

and that's mostley if not all (if i do recall correct) about polisch and hungarian

i'd like to know what biker scout bootlegs are out there

also do you believe the ones in the pic ( yak and boba ) are 90's bootlegs like your talkin about
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett.   Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 7:13 pm

Those Yak and Boba Jim are made less than a few months ago, believe me - i have a few Mexican friends that informed me of these.
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett.   Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 7:18 pm

thanks rob , i fig so , but i have to say , i never heard of these '90 so called re issue's or bootlegs

and it does make me curious , specialy the choice of color , i mean werent they painted or are the ones with the flashy colors unpainted bootlegs

either way 'id like to learn more of this part of the collecting game

ive always have dugged the bootleg biker scout and like i said iam verry curios about what's out theire specialy since those flashy head coloured yoda's , that was the first time i saw something like that , i had asked a background story but i dont think he posted an answer just yet , that or i missed the answer completely
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett.   Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 7:40 pm

jimmy,

I think he means the mexican bootlegs shown here:

rebojazz limelight:
http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=vintagedisplay&Number=3938437&Forum=f102&Words=mexican&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=3938437&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post3938437

at the bottom you can see some packed with POTF 90s crads!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett.   Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Most legit Mex/SA bootlegs were cast in a sold color and areas were painted. The Yak and Fett are just terrible fakes all around. There was a thread or two on RS about these things a few months back.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett.   Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 8:22 pm

ya i thought they looked funky.this is a fkd up world were you can't even buy a real bootleg which is a real fake.these are fake fakes.jimmy don't worry about wolf he's a badass and hardcore, i luv his style.he does'nt offend me ever or anyone else he's just star wars magnificent.luv ya wolff.anyway guess where i bought these mexican bootleg's my best guy who has stuck it to me real good jessstarwars.i bought these a while ago and was'nt sure if they were real bootleg's or real crap.crap it is.thank's for everyone chiming in. i feel like were all the in A-Team.Dan. cheers lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett.   Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 8:26 pm

vintageSWfan wrote:
.thank's for everyone chiming in. i feel like were all the A-Team

wolf being B.A.baracus
rob being face

jay is hannibal

i guess that makes me murdoch lol
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett.   Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 8:27 pm

Thats what we are here for, Dan, to help each other out. Hope you didn't get burned too bad on those fugly things.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett.   Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 8:38 pm

dam who else was left on the a-team?i think there was only for guy's.i guess that makes me the chic. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett.   Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 8:41 pm

lol , and my thousand post
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett.   Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 8:44 pm

vintageSWfan wrote:
dam who else was left on the a-team?i think there was only for guy's.i guess that makes me the chic. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

lol! Time to change your name to Amy, Dan.
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett.   Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 9:03 pm

chris you can be the van , lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett.   Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mexican bootlegs yakface and bobba fett.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next