The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I think I have PBP Jawa Figure!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarthVader777
New User
New User

I think I have PBP Jawa Figure!  Empty
PostSubject: I think I have PBP Jawa Figure!    I think I have PBP Jawa Figure!  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 8:04 am

Check this out really cool, correct me if I'm wrong! I think I have PBP Jawa Figure!  20210317
I think I have PBP Jawa Figure!  20210315
I think I have PBP Jawa Figure!  20210316
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: I think I have PBP Jawa Figure!    I think I have PBP Jawa Figure!  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2021 12:26 pm

If by PBP, you mean early PBP/ Poch, then it mostly depends on the colour of the bandolier paint, under the cloak. Also by the colour and size of his painted eyes
Back to top Go down
DarthVader777
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: I think I have PBP Jawa Figure!    I think I have PBP Jawa Figure!  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2021 2:59 pm

chris.75 wrote:
If by PBP, you mean early PBP/ Poch, then it mostly depends on the colour of the bandolier paint, under the cloak. Also by the colour and size of his painted eyes

The eyes are kind of small and separated from each other, there not like the big eyes jawas and what colour should the bandolier be under the cloak?
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: I think I have PBP Jawa Figure!    I think I have PBP Jawa Figure!  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2021 5:28 pm

This link might be of interest to you

https://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4427p400-the-poch-pbp-guide-discussion-thread-part-one
Back to top Go down
DarthVader777
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: I think I have PBP Jawa Figure!    I think I have PBP Jawa Figure!  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2021 5:54 am

I think I have PBP Jawa Figure!  20210318

Yeah man, the bandolier looks light on mine see
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: I think I have PBP Jawa Figure!    I think I have PBP Jawa Figure!  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2021 7:49 am

To be considered a true Poch figure. Not a class II poch, which is a mix of imported, Kenner painted parts and Poch painted parts. The paint needs to be unique to just true Poch figures (class I) . A class I Poch should have much darker brown bandolier paint. Very similar (or the same) to the Poch Tusken Raider.
Pablo Martin has currently listed a class I Poch Jawa for sale on one of the Facebook groups. You should try and check it out, if you're a member of those groups.
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: I think I have PBP Jawa Figure!    I think I have PBP Jawa Figure!  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2021 4:33 pm

Pablo's Poch Jawa sale has ended and he has very kindly given me permission to post his sales pics here, for you to reference.

I think I have PBP Jawa Figure!  Img_9011
I think I have PBP Jawa Figure!  Img_9012
I think I have PBP Jawa Figure!  Img_9010
I think I have PBP Jawa Figure!  Img_9014
I think I have PBP Jawa Figure!  Img_9013

As you can see, a much darker brown paint on the bandolier. Very similar, if not the same paint used on the Poch Tusken raider bandolier. A different coo as well. And completely Unique to Spain. Early Poch figures were not distributed across Europe or the rest of the world, until they started injection moulding figures themselves. Which was not until the later PBP era. By which time they had changed their production techniques. I hope this is useful to you.

Thanks again to Pablo Martin for the kind use of his pictures
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think I have PBP Jawa Figure!    I think I have PBP Jawa Figure!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I think I have PBP Jawa Figure!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1