The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Determining if clear Palitoy display stands are original (addendum to current info on TIG)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shoenix
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
shoenix

Determining if clear Palitoy display stands are original (addendum to current info on TIG) Empty
PostSubject: Determining if clear Palitoy display stands are original (addendum to current info on TIG)   Determining if clear Palitoy display stands are original (addendum to current info on TIG) I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2020 5:24 am

Hi all,

Intrigued by a recent find of Palitoy stands that came with the Palitoy Deathstar playset I wanted to verify my own set to see if they were correct. According to the currenty info in TIG it should be simple to see: Check if there is an extra ring around the pegs, and if there is, it's a modern repro.

I also own a 2005 Pride display. This display also came with a set of similar stands. When I decided to check them I noticed that those stands also lack the extra ring like the original Palitoy stands. Using the current info, this could pose a problem as people might mistake these as 'original' while they are not.

Further investigation shows that the peg shape is different. So I made a photo and schematic comparison chart to document the differences. I verified this with the owner of the recently found stash and it indeed checks out. Also, It's almost certain that original Palitoy stands have a slight tinge of yellow due to age. This is more apparent when putting a repro next to it.

Please let me know if I'm mistaken, but my current checks really show this should be the new info regarding these stands Smile

Cheers,
Martijn/Shoenix

Determining if clear Palitoy display stands are original (addendum to current info on TIG) Stands-1.0
Back to top Go down

Determining if clear Palitoy display stands are original (addendum to current info on TIG)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1