The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lili Ledy Luke Bespin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jimmy_2Pack
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Jimmy_2Pack

Lili Ledy Luke Bespin Empty
PostSubject: Lili Ledy Luke Bespin   Lili Ledy Luke Bespin I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2020 12:20 am

I purchased what is supposed to be a Lili Ledy Luke Bespin on a Facebook live auction some time ago.  A friend told me that he thought that the figure was a standard Kader factory Kenner Luke and the weapons were USA Kenner.  I am not sure.   I need some help.  The saber appears to be V1 large dots (which also can be Ledy) shown here on TIG.  The figure (and weapons) in question are always on the left in all photos.  It has COO info on both legs.  I grabbed 2 random Kenner Lukes and some Kenner weapons for the side by side comparison.
I am not calling any one out.  I don't think that he frequents this forum.  I just need some advice first.

Lili Ledy Luke Bespin Img_9018

Lili Ledy Luke Bespin Img_9017

Lili Ledy Luke Bespin Img_9015

Lili Ledy Luke Bespin Img_9014

Lili Ledy Luke Bespin Img_9013

Lili Ledy Luke Bespin Img_9012

Lili Ledy Luke Bespin Img_9011
Back to top Go down
Jimmy_2Pack
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Jimmy_2Pack

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Luke Bespin   Lili Ledy Luke Bespin I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2020 12:23 am

Photo which didn't load in the first post.
Lili Ledy Luke Bespin Img_9019

Back to top Go down
Jimmy_2Pack
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Jimmy_2Pack

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Luke Bespin   Lili Ledy Luke Bespin I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2020 12:32 am

cropped & zoomed inLili Ledy Luke Bespin Img_9020

Lili Ledy Luke Bespin Img_9021
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Luke Bespin   Lili Ledy Luke Bespin I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2020 5:12 pm

Omg!!...Omg!!.. Omg!!
where did you get that figure ???..

No doubt you have a LL black Blaster and a LL saber, and most surely a LL  Luke Jedi Bespin from the imperio contraataca production.

Its a very long story, I dont know where to start but will try it to make it really short .

Back in the day we only had 2 interviews with LL ex-employees saying that the LL imperio line was totally and fully produced by LL with HK moulds. (That was all the info we had)

Many theories were around in how they were produced but for some reason the statements of the ex-employees sounded crazy for some "collectors " or non valid and they begin to spread misinformation.

So going back to your figure, luke bespin and leia bespin are the only 2 figures out of 10 from the LL imperio line that hasnt been "found", some years ago Julio Arreola show to the world his magnificent collection of the LL imperio line, but he only got 8 of 10, in those days many collectors claim they were fake (even the so called LL "experts") , but others collectors saw that they had the same figures but they didnt knew where they came from.

The years have pass since that day and know we know a ton more of that line and how they were produced.

In the last 3 years A friend of mine and myself have interviewed around 10 LL ex-employees  some of them were directly involved in the LL imperio production line (Chief of Toy engineering , 2 moulds supervisors,  2 art supervisors) and have corroborated the fact that LL fully produce the Imperio line with HK moulds (we actually know the brand of the moulds that kader, unitoy and smile used), it was told to us that the imperio line used the same exact plastic formula as kenner to do them but it was until the ROTJ that LL used the same plastic brand that kenner used (Plastic brand edited) BUT the differences we find are located in the paint details as LL used a domestic brand.  (Sayer-Lack)

Its amazing that your  Luke has the same problem as the LL imperio snowtroopers, they grew  a kind of fungus in the plastic . I will try to post some links to the FB page of the LL imperio contraataca . (Its in spanish), but im sure you will find very interesting information.

Last edited by merlin on Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Luke Bespin   Lili Ledy Luke Bespin I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2020 5:21 pm

Here is the link .... take a look for yourself and you will find a very nice surprise about your luke bespin figure.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1508901439414349?view=permalink&id=1906740539630435

Also in that same page you will find our interviews with one of the LL mould supervisor and a very good explanation of how LL star wars action figure were made..
Back to top Go down
Jimmy_2Pack
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Jimmy_2Pack

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Luke Bespin   Lili Ledy Luke Bespin I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2020 8:22 pm

Thank you Merlin!
Back to top Go down
Jimmy_2Pack
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Jimmy_2Pack

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Luke Bespin   Lili Ledy Luke Bespin I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2020 9:15 pm

This is great news.

I also bought this Lili Ledy Han Solo trenchcoat and  "dip dot" C3PO from the same guy.

Lili Ledy Luke Bespin Img_8710

Lili Ledy Luke Bespin Img_8610
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Luke Bespin   Lili Ledy Luke Bespin I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lili Ledy Luke Bespin

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1