The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fighting Fantasy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fito
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Fito

Fighting Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Fighting Fantasy   Fighting Fantasy I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 10:31 am

If Star Wars was the most important film in my life, Fighting Fantasy books series were my best option when reading. I recently bought the first volume (Warlock from Firetop Mountain) but my two great favourites were always City of Thieves and Deathtrap Dungeon. I always wonder why such great ideas were never used for a good movie...
Anyway, any fan of Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone´s books here? Smile
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

Fighting Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting Fantasy   Fighting Fantasy I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 11:06 am

Fighting Fantasy 29d6b910

I have never heard of these. These are like small chapter books or more like comic books? They appear larger than an average chapter book but smaller than most comics, and thicker also. The cover art is very nice though. I may have to check into these. Especially with having a 9 year old, I am always trying to find stuff that will get him to read more.
Back to top Go down
Fito
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Fito

Fighting Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Fighting Fantasy   Fighting Fantasy I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 11:23 am

Have you ever read any "Choose your own adventure" books? It´s more or less the same, with some very interesting differences: you need a rubber, pencil, and some dices to play while you read it, illustrations are much better, and it is more medieval-fantasy / classic terror / sci-fi oriented. I know there are many books of these (like 50 or so) but all I could get during my childhood were nine. I strongly suggest you get at least one to show your kid. It´s really fun!

This is my collection up to date Smile
Fighting Fantasy 20180219
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

Fighting Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting Fantasy   Fighting Fantasy I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 12:13 pm

I remember I used to read the "choose your own path" books all the time.

Didn't involve dice or pencils, but when you got to a certain part of the book, it would make you flip to certain pages. I really enjoyed them and would have loved this classic version!

Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Fito
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Fito

Fighting Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: The creator   Fighting Fantasy I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 1:10 pm

The creator of this series is a real genius of entertainment: I was told he is one of the founders of Games Workshop, Warhammer, White Dwarf Magazine, later he started his videogames career opening Eidos Entertainment (Tomb Raider), and wrote many of these books.Shocked
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

Fighting Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting Fantasy   Fighting Fantasy I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 9:08 pm

Ha ha ha. I still have a lot of choose your own adventure books. I was a huge reader as a kid and had a large selection of books; many of them are still packed away in some boxes I have around here somewhere. Hoping one day my kid will want to read them.
Back to top Go down
Fito
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Fito

Fighting Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Fighting Fantasy   Fighting Fantasy I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2018 12:09 am

That collection, I mean "Choose your own adventure" has like 70-80 books! Quite impressive! I kept the first 10 for my children. Mystery of the House of Stone (or similar) was one of my favourites. I remember it scared me a little. Smile

Fighting Fantasy Elige-10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fighting Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting Fantasy   Fighting Fantasy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fighting Fantasy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1