The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Not So Mysterious Obi Wan (Ben) Kenobi

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Calrissian_Charm
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Calrissian_Charm

Not So Mysterious Obi Wan (Ben) Kenobi Empty
PostSubject: Not So Mysterious Obi Wan (Ben) Kenobi   Not So Mysterious Obi Wan (Ben) Kenobi I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 12:36 pm

*I got my answer. This is not a LL. The head sculpt is wrong. The LL head sculpt is thinner. This is just a boring old Kenner figure, but still a nice variant.*

So, I got this guy off eBay because it was apparent that he was a Lily Ledy sculpt, but his accessories appear to be Kenner.

Obvious answer is that someone swapped his original accessories, although I have small hope for the light saber which I am wondering if there might be a thin tip version.

Another difference is his color. His gray is between the white and gray of the Kenner variants that I own, and those are all I'm aware of. His details are larger than my Kenner figures. So, it's not the darker gray that I've read it's supposed to be.

The new cape on the right in the picture is slightly smaller than the capes I've had. The armholes are just a smidge further down. But the cape does zip, which is not a LL characteristic from what I understand. But the figure and cape share the same crud, making it look like they were stored together for quite a while.

And one last interesting characteristic is that his legs feel waxy. The plastic doesn't have a slick, smooth surface, but is almost sticky.

Anyway, thoughts? @TrappedTexan I'm looking at you  Very Happy

Not So Mysterious Obi Wan (Ben) Kenobi Y4m2AGd1ieTgiXlsoYZ04zIF4K9cWLx98UPNbxRHqKuMYj2JpV38Ipl4mjRLnislxOX50GxVUEJgp7YICuQHTOSSvdieSCIZlWXldk5mfq8U0jZfxXW4uDgLGLD9pTaPlU5_YBuyyHuJVVx2-BiBWFE59ipeXZjExA2Uu0OWixZdtI-XqZxVPS3Z0MjsBEUISzARM2T41BB0-MJIbHVf0K2vg?width=3024&height=4032&cropmode=none

Not So Mysterious Obi Wan (Ben) Kenobi Y4mpYJfgXapRTlfyHEpMWfGAZlIrtzv9hF6xL_7mY_7ZzjRY5wb0AaT98zhaICPpz5G4goTjUGtGgVK8ZkqNjPCkyVU5PVsWwVUiaWBwx8MYnj6-WpUV3yUx-YllU9qf0yykgJZIrKO9j1HtFovmbLbUoOk5zcm9exsZsY8NSn8tg1b_GjjNUURPa1dLrwMtgCOgW_ySUJkLnR7UT4sQ0LNjA?width=3024&height=4032&cropmode=none

Not So Mysterious Obi Wan (Ben) Kenobi Y4m405vlrImoHBfHmYC4PkoDJh-uE_n4qjL7iFjY1UK-iFwEzeqBhFrKhohuFuXOZiM2an_uSeehyaMWoWMgaSFywDoukDpBdQurRJkLthMeuRQe3W_RaJ9K07EmmHZmpIcU8wHhw49FQegqTHBUqYFMMUYrd3vOtzUYdJSEtM05UpNZYjfeohsmiu4OtuZpDW30ZWSJZ7Ey7WzOcS1KZKj6g?width=3024&height=4032&cropmode=none

Not So Mysterious Obi Wan (Ben) Kenobi Y4mIuUklqvxLGKBsGthO0kHH_n9iDVa6wi_CWVe_fIQCdNZ3pR305In_URjzOHibigjKjqL55BTd_OGaWVAtSRWDh3R3G9vJr27x7bh4Dh6JuNqztOYbXoI5iLdem9nnVIh2Y7I-HWQ-9RaKWURMOCu1qpsEJjELEu3_wrEUniWVC25HERuLRvknJSHz4RgbddjjTiQrpQYeAaxvJeZE0c3rA?width=3024&height=4032&cropmode=none

Not So Mysterious Obi Wan (Ben) Kenobi Y4mQWTN2UrhxqksmhIboxsyE-IPeNIpbZjBmL2gr-DRCSxwYXC-7xoERaMoIqe5AJ2Lh5OatBGYqKw_QUg6D1_YhdRaWQU0QiKCP-R2Sr8xTZgOpzwv229tnzsVjlh83yKkoGSq-OcdiDGMZLyqkG-QWrfuUaUuFrQCI9nXWTYMJnQC2doAUYcA8GlcPoiXpRTLafjM5_MPAUn8lNGsOrroIQ?width=3024&height=4032&cropmode=none

Not So Mysterious Obi Wan (Ben) Kenobi Y4muJdODdg97dSFeNmDNXYCuRXgDVrICtVRrnvPk8Hvsnv_iRVwY3wlMXV5bmZdQLrBWoYAGoKrSQuHKJu59QDGV8fPJCD-x2cJyWfYogyRRQx6J26WDxzoFTBD6o-WT3ZnGHs56R-39lyIRbWwm1wIMGvkKv7qrfMzCX3x-sGnsIMbRWfzaGxBkqvq7-pQ3Gf8k96PXPixF66Bgl_p_sGPhg?width=3024&height=4032&cropmode=none

Not So Mysterious Obi Wan (Ben) Kenobi Y4mBul5Aq7HlG3_iFqgDrsuXTDbP-Qw6uZfSQtX-sfI6IOntiRCJhmdWacUshiQ6Artv2TfxtjZquRnG7gorL2JhO9GWV3wWIMW-CaKVyDWNG1kppe-5mQujRW5cDv9_8nPVOj9SjT_PWJ8ikn6QEOelZRBL6KZVvSqwPX_zsXHzdkr_aDw7Dvz5JE_yzmp4MvCNuiN0rZruqjDAfpon24rlg?width=3024&height=4032&cropmode=none

Not So Mysterious Obi Wan (Ben) Kenobi Y4moCqXXGBYJUmzwDvoEHwumkrfOy17b5r7S7z3UeJnY6jHNAsdj_Fg8OmZ0Tbgtzu9tbHTJbqQy63ZRb0im7xfsnxO3t9O9a2ia8Hk9s65jOehyBjnvG3P2A3PDIsMEbHpzmGGNPUE6ZU0QHR3ihO_TgB4EMZqvyZOtERVMb78O6M-5VZBGk8FSOeUpaRliIqRo08etadpgnaDN9O3SSzPgQ?width=3024&height=4032&cropmode=none
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Not So Mysterious Obi Wan (Ben) Kenobi   Not So Mysterious Obi Wan (Ben) Kenobi I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 10:11 am

Not So Mysterious Obi Wan (Ben) Kenobi Screen10

Sorry been away a few days. I see you already have your answer but note the text I focused in on. The ledy Kenobi shares a kenner mold. This means it can be identical to kenner with the only differences being accessories and paint.

The thinner head your referring to is not a common ledy characteristic. The majority of kenobis from ledy are identical to the kenner, but either due to factory error (some say plastic shrinkage) or a change in headskulpt (less likely since it was an existing mold) there are a number of ledy Ben's that can be found with the small head. Most likely explanation is plastic shrinkage and the reason there are multiples is probably all came from same batch of plastic so it created the same outcome until that batch was done or until the factory changed some other external factor that could effect this.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
Calrissian_Charm
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Calrissian_Charm

PostSubject: Re: Not So Mysterious Obi Wan (Ben) Kenobi   Not So Mysterious Obi Wan (Ben) Kenobi I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 11:18 am

Thanks, Bryan for all the additional information. I don't know why it didn't occur to me that it was an entirely duplicate mold. I mean that only makes sense. Why would they bother to create an entirely new mold when they have a perfectly good mold already? I've noted the minor changes in COO variants but they are minor, and nothing near creating a completely new mold.

But I am happy anyway since this is definitely a distinct variant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not So Mysterious Obi Wan (Ben) Kenobi   Not So Mysterious Obi Wan (Ben) Kenobi I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not So Mysterious Obi Wan (Ben) Kenobi

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1