The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Princess Leia Organa Early Issue Cape Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Calrissian_Charm
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Calrissian_Charm

Princess Leia Organa Early Issue Cape Question - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Princess Leia Organa Early Issue Cape Question   Princess Leia Organa Early Issue Cape Question - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 4:38 pm

I've suspected this about other figures, and I know that accessories can be factory specific (see Craig T's posts concerning Jedi Luke which he has absolutely cracked the code on). There were a finite number of factories, and it seems reasonable that the same factory could produce an HK COO along with a blank COO of the same family, in the same factory. And, if not, then when the factory producing a blank COO figure got the molds, they perhaps got the die to cut the capes as well. Or, maybe they just got samples to follow. But there is obviously a good deal of wiggle room with these capes, likely because the process is as Bryan explained it. Sort of like trying to cut several pieces of paper at one time.

Granted it is only 3 samples, but the chances of 3 random samples ending up with the same mismatched accessory seems unlikely. What I would love to do is have people contribute data. Obviously that was attempted before, and didn't get very far, though.
Back to top Go down
TheJabbaWookie
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheJabbaWookie

PostSubject: Re: Princess Leia Organa Early Issue Cape Question   Princess Leia Organa Early Issue Cape Question - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 5:17 pm

I thought I would just include a post about the Princess Leia Blasters that cane with my Leias.

- the family I 1a (possible Early Bird Leia) with non zipping cape came with the blue Lili Ledy rough sculpt blaster (pictured top)
- my original family I 1a HK and family IV 2a No Coo came with one of the 3 dark blue / Black Blasters pictured directly below the blue rough sculpt
- my family III 1b HK came with the dark blue v3 blaster from TIG (pictured 2nd from bottom)
- I have also recently purchased what I think is a dark green v3 blaster (pictured bottom)

Princess Leia Organa Early Issue Cape Question - Page 3 3097bd10

Close up of dark blue / Black Blasters
Princess Leia Organa Early Issue Cape Question - Page 3 67539710

Close up of dark blue and dark green v3 blasters
Princess Leia Organa Early Issue Cape Question - Page 3 A0477410

I would be interested in your thoughts AJ on these 3 dark blue / Black Blasters. Originally I assumed they were v2 Blasters as they were dark blue/ black but then realised the sight was different. So are they a previously uncategorised blaster or are they a possible v1? Looking at the v1 pics on the TIG website the picture of the blue and translucent green / blue Blasters looks different to the picture above which has writing on it. I have a v1 blue blaster which matches the pic with writing on it and it’s features are very defined with a straight line down the barrel as highlighted. However, in the pics underneath the line appears more curved and the features are less sharp (almost like a different variant but probably a worn mold).

Any help appreciated.

Princess Leia Organa Early Issue Cape Question - Page 3 72c0ab10
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Princess Leia Organa Early Issue Cape Question   Princess Leia Organa Early Issue Cape Question - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 11:18 pm

Those look fine, the Leia blaster section needs some work ( a few more versions to be added/explained)
Back to top Go down
TheJabbaWookie
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheJabbaWookie

PostSubject: Re: Princess Leia Organa Early Issue Cape Question   Princess Leia Organa Early Issue Cape Question - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 5:50 am

aussiejames wrote:
Those look fine, the Leia blaster section needs some work ( a few more versions to be added/explained)
Thanks AJ. I look forward to the updates.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Princess Leia Organa Early Issue Cape Question   Princess Leia Organa Early Issue Cape Question - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Princess Leia Organa Early Issue Cape Question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3