The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PBP Vader?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Calrissian_Charm
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Calrissian_Charm

PBP Vader? Empty
PostSubject: PBP Vader?   PBP Vader? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2017 11:27 pm

This guy wasn't sold as a PBP, but actually came up in a search for "no COO" Vader. But I felt reasonably confident with my ID, and it's a nice figure regardless. Now I'd like to get some more experienced opinions.

A couple things the pictures don't reveal is that the cape is very thick and leathery. The interior is also rather rough, and the exterior isn't very smooth either. His head is quite wobble, literally jiggling if you shake him, while his other joints are nice and stiff. His saber is also unlike the other sabers I have. The tip is overall thicker, and it's a hard, rigid plastic. His chestplate has the red over white, and it's pretty badly offset, along with his belt. There's no EPM on the back of his head. Any other information needed, just ask.

PBP Vader? Y4mhO7dsnZyNcl8A2dQ7xPdz_j700Y3Omyv5gpEH0MSgv8X_S2fYOESXNZZPY_lfhDQGfIHvpe4lcJ6t_ULJqatFJoN1cfhXAcEBIzJez_cP9533ZHLFPUamKRUbGv6q-QPxvf1oz8dVjLFtRcUxIziEPYdBeEryfIPnbYDtkJOcLUFrykyQ6G-3hOmfDwI6w0a8To3EiB_9j7d-HVkufQEww?width=1882&height=2800&cropmode=none

PBP Vader? Y4mCT99M6f0IL6TJkEhRGTJSQgeD1uXYJtYSfJvap82o8ijGXC_dNOcCsEIPIho7RUbwmVl56FxNDhfuclPguA_uvBZghmNxlC3QUjZSM3-vOIGSkpoYL9nxwUGNH29q6EAcQHxji5FlnVtt90yOvz-_Af1I6m_oQSuJ0Wkprkij39iF59xpm-Vd2VK3xFs5paIjxVBKNFJpP4hM4cbmY-z-w?width=1885&height=2832&cropmode=none

PBP Vader? Y4mjMZ5a6fFsSzEnu8eNsflVWbICB7zLiGZAJDBOjwccp10CL3_dOf8Ivz66UN_4HfSMgkZ51OjQ8bHRT2mVmu3Mz5xFJEIGoxkXvMY01yuLKqQnUCwu1RmL8HFpDH8qoEID7d_ubLBTJNx8Vw6T2cpBxoypkc2RKKpvqxtMMYsznwSPf6QVKvIFYGEe4o4ke1Pyqc6saxWM_psoajJNEQDjQ?width=2268&height=4032&cropmode=none

PBP Vader? Y4mguuqNWldda_HYZnDnW7kU7iNsgBRGGJ_z0f3VR_NXrK0a54YGAm1XE2YwlmW2u4zyZC1ZV-45TYrcjmhzfsdDk0sbKFAdNy9pjeh1XUnx-_1bCsLxCuXbOFip1wELx9Th3dOJ6qo8OBShTMf6ur53RMSiSOx3s5AO-QzpwKTMZ1qGKSjLmxvonmznN2J7WlLP9MNRmttnp-Eg99OxqvqnA?width=2268&height=2184&cropmode=none

PBP Vader? Y4mIHsFCnNZp_HC9AMW_sJzH6YADVqEmQvBgJliKkVL5Wu0S7Xh8dy_k1wjol7MKQE549n8YQVC8jQxDmCEGPvK3WTw-LN0suqYpimAP2kUoLmnHh9vimuitXNHfSKmkffSUA3kOhpYfNlWne71bKKq1vqTIBJ4aYGe63wLlpRgE2GlnaDdRIKKSomzACbwGrR_G2dD3qQs_4yXfdbl4-2ecg?width=1675&height=1864&cropmode=none

PBP Vader? Y4muioFd0UwqrOnWyE6nkB90pnibKpDlOvKqzW9Izxpt1bmwyKQIaHJUuw6mJPYvRjfJi23xRzvoIIJQS6uUiccTK-RuD2RLDI_99s-Fz6HxR34v49gMIIybpXdnDdgubbzVstW1bn_w45ZvkVdoWRUeqbJ3AQ3UUdJtoU0_dxhVgjC40Sqfs6OLVmpMtzQPWfP6pf62Mf-m98pbwKmAADNCg?width=4032&height=2268&cropmode=none

Last edited by Calrissian_Charm on Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PBP Vader? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBP Vader?   PBP Vader? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2017 11:51 pm

Very nice looking Vader, I will let the more experianced in the PBP stuff answer as I have no clue.
Back to top Go down
Calrissian_Charm
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Calrissian_Charm

PBP Vader? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBP Vader?   PBP Vader? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2017 11:56 pm

Thanks, arohk. I'm definitely happy either way.

Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PBP Vader? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBP Vader?   PBP Vader? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 2:26 am

Oscar is the go to guy for Vader's on this site. Bill (hellhippie) is the pbp/poch guy I generally lean on for input on the Spanish lines.

Aside from them, I can search out a few things. If you look down a bit there was another Vader thread regarding an odd coo and I linked or posted a pic of the pbp cape in it. I feel fairly confident in saying this is not a pbp cape. The pbp has a very distinct textural pattern and generally has a step cut on the side. I will search out the pic and repost it here tomorrow if I can remember. There is also a Vader comparison saber pic either on the main site, or in a Vader thread, or both. I will see if I can find that also.
Back to top Go down
Calrissian_Charm
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Calrissian_Charm

PBP Vader? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBP Vader?   PBP Vader? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 9:45 am

Thanks, Bryan. I've read a few descriptions, and the cape is what throws me. I also have a hard time distinguishing the Kenner rounded tip saber from the PBP saber from the pictures. On my figure, the tip is thicker than the rounded tip Kenner saber I have. It's also orange rather than red, but that might just be fading. Worst case scenario, is that it's the 1995 re-issue saber, though it doesn't look quite thick enough Laughing

There are conflicting descriptions, though. I've read that the plastic is very shiny (mine) or very dull, that the cape is very thin and flexible or thick and leathery (mine?), and that the saber is dark orange, which mine is. What it lacks is the flashing between the legs, and any significant quality issues (aside for the badly offset paint and a red drip on the belt, and maybe the really loose neck). I've also read about the head tilt, though my MITW also has this issue.

unsure

Last edited by Calrissian_Charm on Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Calrissian_Charm
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Calrissian_Charm

PBP Vader? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBP Vader?   PBP Vader? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 10:43 am

This is the best I can do to show the cut of the cape. The arm holes are so small and tight I'm afraid of damaging it if I try and take it off. The line on the left side is very straight, while the right flares out a bit.

PBP Vader? Y4mZvLR9_43LWQizmLtXgZ85cm1JJ8wJ4qocI9qv_i1_OgA-JaKbnXtZpBCsmXytFCmEVdgPgxU6og8Jiet6lf0LscZ3dNyI0o2UfisPGVTh0NeQ3qpCkEsKfu-H1k-wv7aqJpLgdeSZFJGvB_B7Z5rVv7xZbyIjuvXWpsgmM6xsNTdacGmCiOVVifWghTQ6Y6ItevBLrEUHFKzmdQdcZdKIQ?width=768&height=1024&cropmode=none
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PBP Vader? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBP Vader?   PBP Vader? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 11:10 am

Yes that is one of the pbp vader variants . Epm mark on the back of the head is usually found on the poch vader not the later pbp
Back to top Go down
Calrissian_Charm
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Calrissian_Charm

PBP Vader? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBP Vader?   PBP Vader? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 2:17 pm

Awesome! Thanks cheers
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PBP Vader? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBP Vader?   PBP Vader? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 4:46 pm

forgot to come back to this thread.

PBP Vader? Vader210

There is the saber comparison. I think the main difference is in the handle. The pbp is slightly thinner front to back than the kenner. It is very slight and hard to see if not side by side. In this pic the pbp is a shade darker also. I don't know if that is a common characteristic though.

Since Bill confirmed it though, this is a pbp figure. I knew there are several different ones that could be pbp but again the Spanish lines are very lacking for me. Aside from some major variants I don't even try to collect that line at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PBP Vader? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBP Vader?   PBP Vader? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PBP Vader?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1