The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Best way to crack an AFA case?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Calrissian_Charm
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Calrissian_Charm

Best way to crack an AFA case? Empty
PostSubject: Best way to crack an AFA case?   Best way to crack an AFA case? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 12:52 am

Is there an optimal approach to opening one of these? I only own one AFA graded figure, purchased that way, and now, four months later, I want to bust him out.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Best way to crack an AFA case?   Best way to crack an AFA case? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 1:18 am

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4452-the-best-way-to-open-a-loose-figure-afa-case?highlight=how+to+open+an+AFA+case

Some pics gone, but the way to do it is still described. Bill (hellhippie) has removed some figures from their acrylic coffins also, so might pm him as he may have some pointers as well.
Back to top Go down
Calrissian_Charm
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Calrissian_Charm

PostSubject: Re: Best way to crack an AFA case?   Best way to crack an AFA case? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 1:54 am

Thanks. I feel much better now :cool laugh:
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Best way to crack an AFA case?   Best way to crack an AFA case? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 7:30 am

ive broken a few outta their graded acryllic coffins , get a vise , secure the figure and with a hack saw start sawing near the seam where it was glued . once you get a bit to break off the rest just comes apart easily with your hands , it breaks like a cookie . share some pics once its done cheers
Back to top Go down
Calrissian_Charm
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Calrissian_Charm

PostSubject: Re: Best way to crack an AFA case?   Best way to crack an AFA case? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 10:04 am

Thanks for the tips. I wound up using a vice, a chisel, and a hammer. cheers

Best way to crack an AFA case? Y4mfBsCKqzanuqogBaIrn2rOhp8axLVbdRzFAREt5P--f7flLjZ09UrHMfe8Y94YEDiTxDprfJzkRb5yW75665IBAbM5AqU1ExqG1bZnZcu9FlC-bhMmPc7-uGjKFXxiiOU3-nfuwn9uY3l4UIn08CcS2dtly2vq_FOz29vCEdZi12_CW3yqlsXI0n_Xpmul4R5-ZYsN2PHcr-65Ua8_qFoIw?width=1024&height=768&cropmode=none
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best way to crack an AFA case?   Best way to crack an AFA case? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best way to crack an AFA case?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1