The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Look what was unearthed....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

Look what was unearthed.... Empty
PostSubject: Look what was unearthed....   Look what was unearthed.... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 6:46 am

I've always been jealous of some of you guys who have figures from when you were kids.

I had a good collection of Star wars when I was a kid and me and my brother used to have a patch of garden
where we would build tunnels and bases. Mum and Dad built a greenhouse on that patch about 20 years ago.

I then went onto to sell all my Star Wars stuff for next to no money many years ago at a CarBoot Sale

Went round to my parents house yesterday and they have demolished the old Greenhouse to replace it.

They leveled out the ground to put slabs down and they found this...

Look what was unearthed.... EbayFeb09

Not the most exicting of figures, but I was genuinely stoked that they had unearthed one of my original figures. This will now stand very proudly in my display cabinet. Cool
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Look what was unearthed....   Look what was unearthed.... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 6:57 am

Nice one, it doesn't look too bad for a tunnel rat. And it didn't turn into the tan limb variant Razz
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Look what was unearthed....   Look what was unearthed.... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 7:29 am

Lol, great find Stu.
Typical it was a Klaatu!!
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Look what was unearthed....   Look what was unearthed.... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:21 am

You need to rule out it wasnt a neighbours kid that liked throwing them around Wink LOL

Im really tempted to go to our old house and have a look around the garden, my younger bro was always throwing figures around.
Back to top Go down
geordie
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
geordie

PostSubject: Re: Look what was unearthed....   Look what was unearthed.... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 11:40 am

nice mate, my dad had his loft reinsulated a few years ago and come across a melted gamo guard, me and my bro had "tortured" him with a candle and slung him up there when parents complained about smell of molten plastic Look what was unearthed.... Icon_biggrin ,,,, no its def not out to do with us ha ha

Andy
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Look what was unearthed....   Look what was unearthed.... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 10:39 pm

cool story stu.it does'nt look that bad either for being buried for 20 year's.that's awesome.Dan. cheers
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Look what was unearthed....   Look what was unearthed.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 4:48 am

I had a similar experience last year Stu its an awesome feeling to find a childhood figure after so many years of not having one!

These are my childhood figures unearthed at my mums in 2009 and pictures of my starwars cake my mum made for my 6 birthday Smile

Look what was unearthed.... DSC00734

Look what was unearthed.... 6thbirthdaycake

Look what was unearthed.... 6thbday1
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Look what was unearthed....   Look what was unearthed.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:34 am

Congrats on finding that figure Stu. He's been there waiting for you to come back all this time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Look what was unearthed....   Look what was unearthed.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:42 am

That's a really nice story Stu, hope you keep him safe this time!

I once threw a few figures into my garden trees in sandwhich bags and never found them Sad
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Look what was unearthed....   Look what was unearthed.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:57 am

Jay those pic's of your 6th birthday are sweet.i'm gonna have to go to my parent's house and get up in the attic and see what i can find now.everyone is finding stuff from their childhood lately.i know their has to be something up there in their attic.you know mom's they save everything from their children when they were kid's.Dan cheers
Back to top Go down
Darth Father
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Darth Father

PostSubject: Re: Look what was unearthed....   Look what was unearthed.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 2:36 pm

Very cool guys!
The only thing I have from my childhood SW is a SW sound track record.
Sold my SW to buy Joes. I still have no idea what happened to all my Joes.
Back to top Go down
http://wattosjunkshop.com
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: Look what was unearthed....   Look what was unearthed.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 3:10 pm

Lovin your birthday photo's Jay.
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Look what was unearthed....   Look what was unearthed.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 5:37 pm

how cool ist that , in my case we moved around so much , i know i'll never find anything back

i used to play with them in the plants , something would come up and a week later i'd find them back , great memories , but no childhood fig sadley enough

and jay is called james, who'd a thought
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Look what was unearthed....   Look what was unearthed.... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 11:41 am

That's a great find, Stu, well done, those memories must have rushed staright back after finding Klaatu Cool

Paul Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Look what was unearthed....   Look what was unearthed.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Look what was unearthed....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-