The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Who drives these vehicles?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

Who drives these vehicles? Empty
PostSubject: Who drives these vehicles?   Who drives these vehicles? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2017 1:09 pm

AST-5 and MTV-7? I can't tell via the box online that I found
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Who drives these vehicles?   Who drives these vehicles? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2017 1:25 pm

Who drives these vehicles? Mtv7-f10
Who drives these vehicles? Ast5-f10

Looks like klaatu for one and imperial Hoth trooper for the other if your going by the box photos.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Who drives these vehicles?   Who drives these vehicles? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2017 2:27 pm

Bonus question..

Which vintage vehicle has featured (that I know of) five different action figures in the cockpit. This can be either on the box art or on official vintage advertising showing the toys.

For example you could say the MTV 7 as above (Snowtrooper correct pilot) and add that you've seen Dengar, Fett, Yoda and a B Wing inside it as well)

So, name that vehicle, and bonus points for naming the five different figures! (there might be six but I can't find the ad with this character right now)
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Who drives these vehicles?   Who drives these vehicles? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2017 4:11 pm

ArtooDetour wrote:
Bonus question..

Which vintage vehicle has featured (that I know of) five different action figures in the cockpit. This can be either on the box art or on official vintage advertising showing the toys.

For example you could say the MTV 7 as above (Snowtrooper correct pilot) and add that you've seen Dengar, Fett, Yoda and a B Wing inside it as well)

So, name that vehicle, and bonus points for naming the five different figures! (there might be six but I can't find the ad with this character right now)

Tie Fighter
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Who drives these vehicles?   Who drives these vehicles? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2017 7:35 pm

Darth Vader's Star Destroyer Action Playset - Does that count as a one big cock pit? Laughing

Darth, Stormtrooper, IG88, Bossk, Boba and Death Squad Commander figure as the hung guy.

Just to thrown a cool advert related thingy... Did you know there's an alternative advert photo with Leia Tied/Hung upside-down instead... didn't know that until 2 mins ago:

http://theswca.com/images-toys/figuretoys/dvsd.html
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Who drives these vehicles?   Who drives these vehicles? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2017 7:36 am

Broke wrote:

Tie Fighter

It's not the TIE.

Craigy - An interesting idea to use the Death Squad Commander as the person hung up instead of say Leia original. You wonder if he was a traitor to the Empire or he just messed his orders up and enraged Vader?
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Who drives these vehicles?   Who drives these vehicles? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2017 7:57 am

Maybe Squaddie stole Vader's sugar-puffs ... thats enough to bring the honey monster outta ya ... no wonder he's livid; grrr Laughing
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Who drives these vehicles?   Who drives these vehicles? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 3:34 pm

The answer to the vehicle is the X-Wing Fighter.

Who can name the five vintage figures (that I know of) that have been pictured in the cockpit either on box artwork or official advertising?
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Who drives these vehicles?   Who drives these vehicles? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 3:36 pm

ArtooDetour wrote:
The answer to the vehicle is the X-Wing Fighter.

Who can name the five vintage figures (that I know of) that have been pictured in the cockpit either on box artwork or official advertising?

Why would anyone other than Luke be in the X-wing fighter? That makes no sense to me.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Who drives these vehicles?   Who drives these vehicles? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 6:17 pm

OK - based on the fact that I am guessing the X-wing came out before the actual X-wing pilot came out... I recon two of them would be Han Solo (Original) and Luke Skywalker (Farm boy)

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Who drives these vehicles?   Who drives these vehicles? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2017 4:53 pm

Craig - I was thinking Han Solo as well - sure I've seen a pic of him in the X-Wing but can't find it...

Anyway, here are the certain ones...

Luke Skywalker Farmboy - was the first figure seen in the cockpit and as pictured on box art

Who drives these vehicles? Sw_pal10
Who drives these vehicles? Kenner11

Then there was Luke X Wing Pilot
Who drives these vehicles? Kenner10

There was even Luke Bespin
Who drives these vehicles? Glassl10
Who drives these vehicles? Esb_pa10

And, erm, this guy...

unsure

Who drives these vehicles? Copito10

Then there's this one, which kind of looks like Luke X Wing but maybe with the head turned around?? Also looks a bit like the B Wing pilot. I honestly can't tell what figure this is...

Who drives these vehicles? Star_w70
Back to top Go down
Calrissian_Charm
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Calrissian_Charm

PostSubject: Re: Who drives these vehicles?   Who drives these vehicles? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 12:18 am

Hoth rebel soldier and B-Wing pilot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who drives these vehicles?   Who drives these vehicles? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who drives these vehicles?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1