The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Buying vintage items through Ebay

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

Buying vintage items through Ebay Empty
PostSubject: Buying vintage items through Ebay   Buying vintage items through Ebay I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 10:06 am

I am still waiting on a Falcon that I bought from Ebay. This is the 2nd time I've bought something and the seller used Fedex Smartpost and the delivery time has been 14+ days. This is NOT acceptable as a buyer. I'll wait 14-30 days for a shipment from overseas but I think it's excessive for domestic delivery.

With that said, my question is when using Free Shipping, are the sellers getting some ridiculously good deal on shipping rates? I mean since it's coming via horse and buggy. :cool laugh:

Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Buying vintage items through Ebay   Buying vintage items through Ebay I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 10:24 am

Broke wrote:
I am still waiting on a Falcon that I bought from Ebay. This is the 2nd time I've bought something and the seller used Fedex Smartpost and the delivery time has been 14+ days. This is NOT acceptable as a buyer. I'll wait 14-30 days for a shipment from overseas but I think it's excessive for domestic delivery.

With that said, my question is when using Free Shipping, are the sellers getting some ridiculously good deal on shipping rates? I mean since it's coming via horse and buggy. :cool laugh:

Hey Broke,

I can only speak for myself from all the years I have been a seller on eBay... I have never seen a ridiculous low shipping price. Furthermore, my selling pages are set up to pass my top rated seller discount onto the buyer. Only the USPS discount is allowed to be passed onto the buyer, and it is automatic through the shipping calculator. FedEx and UPS do not do this through the S/H calculator, so any discount using those methods will pocketed by the seller. I am always weary of sellers that do not have their auction pages set up through eBay with a shipping calculator, it lacks transparency, and in my opinion its easier to screw the buyer on S/H Charges... or in your case with the free shipping, they can add days for handling making it look like the carrier is using a horse and buggy....

If I can offer one piece of advice, and only because I find your situation worthy of bouncing heads off concrete... I would open a claim through eBay, call them if you have to. It will either put pressure on the S.O.B. to do his/her job and fulfill their legal binding contract to you, or if you are being ripped off you will save time and whatever aggravation could be ahead...

Hope this helps, and sorry for your situation up there...
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Buying vintage items through Ebay   Buying vintage items through Ebay I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 3:35 pm

For me as both a seller and buyer I will never use free shipping as the old saying goes you get what you pay for.

Don't get me wrong if I buy something really cheap and am not overly worried if I never see it sure free shipping is fine and that will only apply for an item $20 and less. Its kind of like pay with friends and family or add the extra well unless your a good friend of mine who I trust then I will not buy from that person I don't believe in having to pay extra for something the seller should be including. There are people on here and the Facebook groups I would buy from using f&f but I have also known them for a long time and I trust them as family.

I have gotten lots of vintage items from eBay only had two issues both were corrected with no problems at all main reason I use the same sellers. But when it comes to free shipping then ya its as cheap as it comes normally without any tracking or insurance.

I look at the amount of companies and sites you can buy from if you don't care about the buyer then someone else will be more then happy to do what's needed to get their money. As a happy customer is a repeat customer.

Larry
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Buying vintage items through Ebay    Buying vintage items through Ebay I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 4:38 pm

"For me as both a seller and buyer I will never use free shipping as the old saying goes you get what you pay for."

Could not agree more... and I too try to stick with the same sellers. As far as free shipping goes, I had no choice on many of the lesser expensive items because of those stupid DSR stars. I was charging the exact shipping, with no handling fees, and passing on my discount to the buyer, and I would still get hit from time to time with nasty 1 stars which tanked my rating... As you know the problem with that is that it affects your rating and therefore you can lose your discount. Which by the way is another farce because now they are going to lower the standards to obtain the discount, but instead of 20% off the final value fees, its going to be 10%...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buying vintage items through Ebay   Buying vintage items through Ebay I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buying vintage items through Ebay

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1