The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your Favorite Junker Gallery

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

Your Favorite Junker Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Your Favorite Junker Gallery   Your Favorite Junker Gallery I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 5:09 pm

Hello,

The purpose of this thread is to create a gallery that contains photos of "your favorite junker".

I am not sure how many others feel this way, but I have certain Kenner SW figures that would be considered complete and utter garbage by a certain segment of the collecting community. However, I could never bring myself to parting with them for whatever reason... Could be a sentimental reason, or maybe the way it was worn and damaged make it perfect for a certain display, or diorama...

In any case, if you have something you love that others might consider garbage, then you have come to the right place... I will start off with some damaged droids that I have gotten very attached to over the years... I hope I am not alone on this topic... Enjoy

Your Favorite Junker Gallery Your_f21

Your Favorite Junker Gallery Your_f20

Your Favorite Junker Gallery Your_f19

Your Favorite Junker Gallery Your_f18

Your Favorite Junker Gallery Your_f17

Your Favorite Junker Gallery Your_f16

Your Favorite Junker Gallery Your_f15

Your Favorite Junker Gallery Your_f14

Your Favorite Junker Gallery Your_f13

Your Favorite Junker Gallery Your_f12

Your Favorite Junker Gallery Your_f11

Your Favorite Junker Gallery Your_f10

Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Junker Gallery   Your Favorite Junker Gallery I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 3:25 pm

Those are kind of bad. Ha. I have a few bad ones but I think I'll get rid of mine. Especially since I just got them.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Junker Gallery   Your Favorite Junker Gallery I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 4:59 pm

Have to get some pics of the ones in my collection. Have a lot of beater figures from ledy and kenner lines.
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Junker Gallery   Your Favorite Junker Gallery I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 5:43 pm

Broke,

Don't do it, lol! I would keep them man... I have a tremendous appreciation for beater figures, especially the ones with cool scars... Maybe keep them around for a bit and see if they grow on you, lol!

Bryan,

Glad to hear it! Looking forward to your pics... I have some more stuff to add too...
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Junker Gallery   Your Favorite Junker Gallery I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 3:53 pm

cool ... I have a death star droid fetish
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Junker Gallery   Your Favorite Junker Gallery I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 4:31 pm

hellhippie wrote:

The first step to recovery is admitting it.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Junker Gallery   Your Favorite Junker Gallery I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 4:40 pm

I dont want to recover .. lol
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Junker Gallery   Your Favorite Junker Gallery I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 5:56 pm

hellhippie wrote:

Cool man, that's a great figure to collect variants of... Especially with that chrome, lots of cool variations and wear from one figure to the next...
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Junker Gallery   Your Favorite Junker Gallery I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 9:28 pm

Cool topic I love the rough shape of your droids Smile. I have many that are beat up and will be used for customs some day. But two I do have that I really enjoy just having are R2 and 3P0. Both I had for some time R2 was one of the first I got when I started collecting again he was in a CA's with a bunch of other figs. I never wanted to get rid of him as I have a custom one planned for him. And of course his wear and all that shows me he was a well loved little droid.

3P0 on the other hand is one of the very few I still have from my childhood. Aside from him being my first figure I got for Christmas he is also my first custom figure I did back in 1978. He is loose and worn but he is very special.

So here are my worse for wear dudes
Your Favorite Junker Gallery 031_zps39647d91
Your Favorite Junker Gallery 032_zps3dfd3529

And kick ass 3P0
Your Favorite Junker Gallery 68278874-cb27-4ecb-bd58-596f065ea05b_zps9mjwnndy
Your Favorite Junker Gallery 005-9
Your Favorite Junker Gallery 002-9

Aside from these two the only other worn ones I have are custom one from my friends.
Larry
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Junker Gallery   Your Favorite Junker Gallery I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 9:47 am

Larry, great photos man!

I really enjoyed the photos of your Droid Factory R2-D2, but that C-3PO stole the show for me man!

I love the wear that he has, but the custom pieces you added are awesome, he totally looks like he just walked out of 1970's Sci-Fi! He looks like he was arming himself to go up against Boba Fett with that gear!

Again, great photos man... Thanks so much for sharing them, that C-3PO took the cake, lol!!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Junker Gallery   Your Favorite Junker Gallery I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 8:52 pm

Taking very quick pics today so here are some of mine. All the ones in these pics are ledy. Two are stripped figures and one you can see has a permanent glued leg. The 12" r2 is probabaly my favorite beater of the bunch. I have a lot of stripped figures that were shot in various plastic colors. I will have to dig them out sometime.

Your Favorite Junker Gallery Img_2030
Your Favorite Junker Gallery Img_2028
Your Favorite Junker Gallery Img_2029
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Junker Gallery    Your Favorite Junker Gallery I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 9:22 am

Bryan, these are awesome man!!

I really love the 12" R2-D2, I have never seen one like that before!

Also, I really love all the C-3PO's and all the different colors you have them in...

Speaking of color I couldn't help but notice the really saturated colors on some of those Jedi figures on the bottom shelf. Specifically the flesh tone on Endor Han, and also the skin color of the Rancor Keeper, and the Max Rebo... They are all so awesome!

Has anyone ever done a LL photo gallery where people just toss photos of their LL figures? That would be great to see, I love all the differences found in the LL figures!! Thanks for sharing man!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Junker Gallery   Your Favorite Junker Gallery I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 1:56 pm

Machinegunn wrote:

Has anyone ever done a LL photo gallery where people just toss photos of their LL figures? That would be great to see, I love all the differences found in the LL figures!! Thanks for sharing man!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Not really a thread devoted to this, but there are ledy limelights on various sights. As you can see my photo skills are very lacking and am down to just my phone camera as I misplaced my other one again. Lili ledy and the Mexican s.a. bootleg line is some of my favorite stuff ever. I really need a larger case for my stuff, as you can see batman and link made their way into the photo. I have a hodgepodge of mess in my case as it is now.
Back to top Go down
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thundershot

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Junker Gallery   Your Favorite Junker Gallery I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 2:24 pm

Your Favorite Junker Gallery 25601413400_3305696e93_c

My first ever Star Wars figure.. if, God forbid, the house went up in flames I'd grab him before leaving the building.
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Junker Gallery   Your Favorite Junker Gallery I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 3:34 pm

Bryan, let know if you are interested in doing one in the not too distant future... I am pretty sure I have at least a handful of LL figs, just need to positively identify them before putting them in a LL thread.

Thundershot, that's a beautfiul farm boy Luke, and I love the story behind him. You made my day with your photo man Smile
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Junker Gallery   Your Favorite Junker Gallery I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 2:05 pm

I don't have any of my childhood figures but here is a beater X-Wing I've had for almost ten years now. It's an absolute wreck but still has working wing mechanism. I've had some real beauties when it comes to the X Wing but this one I love too.  

Here it is with a battered Luke pilot and R2.

Your Favorite Junker Gallery Variou11

Your Favorite Junker Gallery Variou10
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Junker Gallery   Your Favorite Junker Gallery I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 2:26 pm

Here's an old pic of some 'zombie' figures I once put together from a box of broken figs What a Face

Your Favorite Junker Gallery Zombie10
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Junker Gallery   Your Favorite Junker Gallery I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 2:37 pm

Those smashup zombie figures are neat Paul. gave them a second life.  I could totally see a kid doing that to revive accidently broken figures.
Back to top Go down
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Junker Gallery   Your Favorite Junker Gallery I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 8:18 pm

Thundershot wrote:
Your Favorite Junker Gallery 25601413400_3305696e93_c

My first ever Star Wars figure.. if, God forbid, the house went up in flames I'd grab him before leaving the building.

What coo is your Farmboy and do you remember what card he came on?

Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thundershot

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Junker Gallery   Your Favorite Junker Gallery I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 3:39 am

Very Happy
Your Favorite Junker Gallery 35644127505_95273eab63_c

The card's in storage.. but thanks to last years photo archiving sessions:
Your Favorite Junker Gallery 34802770254_45be804c36_c
Your Favorite Junker Gallery 35257244180_1927bc8987_c

Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Junker Gallery   Your Favorite Junker Gallery I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 8:01 am

Childhood figure and childhood cardback. Nice. I am afraid when I opened a toy the packaging never survived. I was rather quick about tearing into my stuff asap. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Junker Gallery   Your Favorite Junker Gallery I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Favorite Junker Gallery

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1