The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mat8yr
Developer
Developer
mat8yr

3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon Empty
PostSubject: Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon   3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon I_icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 3:51 pm

I'm trying to match my POTF jawa to his correct weapon variation - does anyone know which variation(s) have been verified to belong to the POTF "smooth" cape jawa? blue/black, blue, button/no-button, smooth, rough ... ??

Any evidence from carded examples out there would be great.

Thanks!
Mat
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon   3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon I_icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 5:59 am

mine has the blue gun /smooth with the bump. hope this helps Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon   3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon I_icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 10:10 am

Hi Mat,

I am no expert when it comes to weapon variations, and I do not have a POTF carded Jawa, but I did happen to have a carded ESB Jawa from 1982... I do not know if the process of elimination will work, but I figured I would photograph it and see if it helps. Since I already had to take some pictures I figured I would get photos of the card and figure in addition to the weapon. Hope this helps, if not my apologies... and maybe it will help someone else at some point?

3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon 1982_e14

3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon 1982_e13

3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon 1982_e12

3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon 1982_e11

3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon 1982_e10
Back to top Go down
mat8yr
Developer
Developer
mat8yr

PostSubject: Re: Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon   3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon I_icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 11:59 am

Thanks Guys - I did try googling for POTF MoC pictures but didnt find any that were good enough to identify the weapon version, so thanks for your pics and info. I think I'll go with the bump light blue (rather than black/blue) for the time being unless someone else posts a pic of a POTF

Thanks again!
Mat
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon    3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon I_icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 1:00 pm

mat8yr wrote:
Thanks Guys - I did try googling for POTF MoC pictures but didnt find any that were good enough to identify the weapon version, so thanks for your pics and info. I think I'll go with the bump light blue (rather than black/blue) for the time being unless someone else posts a pic of a POTF

Thanks again!
Mat

Mat, I tried the same thing and I could not believe that there was nothing usable up there on Google... Hopefully somebody up here has one and will photograph it at some point... By the way, I was not aware of a light blue version until you mentioned it...
Back to top Go down
mat8yr
Developer
Developer
mat8yr

PostSubject: Re: Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon   3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon I_icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 1:25 pm

Er, yeah, perhaps "light blue" isn't the best description. I meant the smooth more intense blue (second from the left with the POTF smooth cape jawa).

Here's a bunch, and I'd describe them like this: (left to right)
1) very rough texture, dark blue/black, failed/ short pour bump (v4 on the guide)
2) smooth, "more intense" blue, no bump
3) smooth, dark greeny blue/black, no bump (transluscent green when backlit)
4) smooth, "more intense" blue, with bump
5) rough (but not as rough as 1), dark blue/black, with bump

@Danny - your moc looks looks like my #3 figure, and #4 weapon so I think I'll match those up, so thanks for your pictures!

Also, come to think of it, I know the VC Jawa didn't come with the more intense blue blaster, or the failed bump but I wonder whether the dark rough (#5) its currently with, or the translucent green (#3) would be more appropriate? I might open that up as a new thread...

Sadly I have no idea which of these actually came with the figures anymore. I just know my Vinyl and POTF came without weapons at all.

3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon Fullsi86
Back to top Go down
mat8yr
Developer
Developer
mat8yr

PostSubject: Re: Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon   3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon I_icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 1:31 pm

It might also be an interesting investigation and addition to the guides to build categorical evidence of weapon versions that match specific figures, coo's & release batches (12-back, 21-back etc...)

hmm.. of course I'd be of no help there whatsoever because being a loose collector I only own 3 moc's ...

Last edited by mat8yr on Thu May 25, 2017 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon    3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon I_icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 2:20 pm

Mat, I love the Jawa photos man! I should check out my loose Jawas and see what I have... Thanks for posting the pics!

Please let me know if there are any photos of carded figures that I can help with in the future... I have been collecting on and off for about 14 years, so if it is something that I have in my possession I will be happy to snap some pics.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon    3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon I_icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 10:11 am

Mat,

Would it make sense to little by little over time try to build a database of the figure weapons sealed in the bubble for reference? With all the members on TIG I am sure everyone can pitch in and try to get the most complete database possible... Just wondering...
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon   3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon I_icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 10:16 am

By the way....

I went through my loose Jawa's and I really did not know what to make of the different versions...

Below are some photos... I basically had 3 different Coo's. M.I.H.K. 2 line, M.I.H.K. 2 line, but Off-Center, and I had one with no Coo...

I am not sure what is to be gained from the photos, but I personally love looking at pictures so I did not mind taking them, Thanks!

3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon Loose_70

3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon Loose_69

3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon Loose_68

3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon Loose_67

3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon Loose_66

3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon Loose_65
Back to top Go down
mat8yr
Developer
Developer
mat8yr

PostSubject: Re: Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon   3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon I_icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 1:21 pm

Machinegunn wrote:

Mat,

Would it make sense to little by little over time try to build a database of the figure weapons sealed in the bubble for reference? With all the members on TIG I am sure everyone can pitch in and try to get the most complete database possible... Just wondering...

I think that's a fantastic idea! If we set a standard of what the pic needs to show, angle etc... that would be very valuable in matching figures with correct accessories variations, and clearly since our google searches turned up nothing useful then this is not something that's been attempted before. Leave it with me, I'll consider what "standards" need to be put in place, check with the TIG Admins and we can start a thread.
Back to top Go down
mat8yr
Developer
Developer
mat8yr

PostSubject: Re: Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon   3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon I_icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 1:44 pm

Hey! wow, awesome pics too! Looks like you have many of the weapon, hood (small, large etc..) and stitching variations too.

For the Coo's, there is a guide here to help accurately identify them:
*Mod edit-See post pertaining to coo guide

Can't believe I'm about to admit this but I bet I'm not the only one - I have a spreadsheet with every figure, coo, accessory version etc... that I own Shocked , so these guides are crucial.

My coo's in the picture I posted (left to right) are #4, #5, #1, #1 & I don't have the vinyl catalogued yet but he should be a #1 (Europe) or a #4 (North America).

Update: Just checked and my vinyl is a #4

Last edited by mat8yr on Thu May 25, 2017 4:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon   3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon I_icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 2:55 pm

mat8yr wrote:
Machinegunn wrote:

Mat,

I think that's a fantastic idea! If we set a standard of what the pic needs to show, angle etc... that would be very valuable in matching figures with correct accessories variations, and clearly since our google searches turned up nothing useful then this is not something that's been attempted before. Leave it with me, I'll consider what "standards" need to be put in place, check with the TIG Admins and we can start a thread.

Sounds good Mat, one quick thing though a lot of my figures are graded just like the ESB Jawa I posted earlier...
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon   3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon I_icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 2:57 pm

This is the current coo guide we like to point people to.

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/coo-guide-3-0/

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon   3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon I_icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 3:00 pm

mat8yr wrote:
Hey! wow, awesome pics too! Looks like you have many of the weapon, hood (small, large etc..) and stitching variations too.

For the Coo's, there is a guide here to help accurately identify them:
*Mod edit see post pertaining to coo guide

Can't believe I'm about to admit this but I bet I'm not the only one - I have a spreadsheet with every figure, coo, accessory version etc... that I own Shocked , so these guides are crucial.

My coo's in the picture I posted (left to right) are #4, #5, #1, #1 & I don't have the vinyl catalogued yet but he should be a #1

Thanks for the link to the Jawa Coo's, I will have to take a closer look at mine...

My Wife and I put together spread sheets, but it was for our collection before a move... We got ripped off by movers one time, and we said never again... We basically had a sheet with a list of the contents on it and a number. The number matched the box and its contents... I would love to put together a list like yours, but I have a lot to learn regarding weapon and accessory variations and Coo's...
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon   3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon I_icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 3:01 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
This is the current coo guide we like to point people to.

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/coo-guide-3-0/

Thanks Bryan, I just book marked it.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon   3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon I_icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 3:03 pm

That other link is an old link that has issues surrounding it that we would rather not get into. Please for future reference let's use the new guide I linked above for the time being. Thanks.

Back to top Go down
mat8yr
Developer
Developer
mat8yr

PostSubject: Re: Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon   3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon I_icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 4:13 pm

Thanks for the correction Bryan! noted for future reference. I also should note that reading huge red bolded pieces of text at the top of a page is valuable, especially when it says things like "info in here can be inaccurate, please use this one ..."  Rolling Eyes

-M
Back to top Go down
greatwhite24
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon   3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon I_icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 11:32 pm

Nice photos of the jawa. I wish I had one carded.
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon   3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon I_icon_minitimeWed May 31, 2017 10:05 am

greatwhite24 wrote:
Nice photos of the jawa. I wish I had one carded.

Thank you... I wish you had a carded one too.. Have you tried looking on eBay for one... I usually look for 75 grades with a "Y" designation for a yellowing bubble, they tend to be a lot more affordable, and attainable... Unless some freak thinks they can get rich off one sub par figure....

I also look for offers, and price stickers on the card... It seems to always lower the value of the figure... not sure why, but it is what I have experienced...
Back to top Go down
Jedikman
New User
New User
Jedikman

PostSubject: Re: Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon   3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 7:09 pm

Here's my potf jawa weapon,hope this helps.K
Back to top Go down
Jedikman
New User
New User
Jedikman

PostSubject: Re: Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon   3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 7:14 pm

Sorry guys,can't get pic to attach! Anybody want to send me there email and I will send you a pic to post of my carded potf jawa! Thanks,K
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon   3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 7:44 pm

Jedikman wrote:
Sorry guys,can't get pic to attach! Anybody want to send me there email and I will send you a pic to post of my carded potf jawa! Thanks,K

Hello, here is a link with instructions on attaching photos... Hope it helps, would love to see the weapon...

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t8415-posting-photos-to-the-forum-and-other-useful-topics

One more thing, if you already followed the instructions I found it useful to hit the Control Key + C for "copy" after hitting the copy button next to the code line/hyperlink, hope it works out...

Last edited by Machinegunn on Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jedikman
New User
New User
Jedikman

PostSubject: Re: Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon   3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 12:18 pm

I was able to post pic in my gallery. Trying to post from my iPhone but cannot attach pics proper. I think you can view pic in my gallery. I will get it figured out!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon   3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 1:34 pm

3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon Img_4410

Jedikman's photo.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon   3 - Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trying to match POTF Jawa to weapon

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next