The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What's your shipping expectations?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

What's your shipping expectations? Empty
PostSubject: What's your shipping expectations?   What's your shipping expectations? I_icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2017 10:20 pm

Just curious, what do you feel is a reasonable time to ship?

I made a decent size purchase and just got shipping confirmation after 2+ weeks with minimal communications. I was starting to get a little peeved but luckily it seems on the way!!!

What do you thinks a fair wait time?
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: What's your shipping expectations?   What's your shipping expectations? I_icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2017 10:26 pm

Once money has changed hands i would say 3 days. In my opinion if they can't ship it in 3 days then they at the least need to communicate what the hold up was/is. I do know though of some old timer guys who were notorious for late shipping. A certain bootleg guy comes to mind. lol!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: What's your shipping expectations?   What's your shipping expectations? I_icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2017 10:29 pm

As always communication is key. Without any discussion, 7 days to post after payment received is 'acceptable'. If agreements are made any 'breach' should be addressed within 2 days. ie. if someone says I'll post it Wednesday and they do not, they better let me know by Friday that plans have changed.
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: What's your shipping expectations?   What's your shipping expectations? I_icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 10:17 am

My collection was shipped to me via Fedex Smartpost which took 16 days to get to me. It was free shipping but I would have rather paid $25 to have him ship it even normal mail. That would have taken 5 at the max. This was FEDEX and USPS hybrid which sucks bad. That's way too long.

I know this is different from OP but I'm still miffed about it.
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: What's your shipping expectations?   What's your shipping expectations? I_icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 3:46 pm

This all comes down to who I'm buying from, if its someone from the hobby I know then I don't mind waiting as long as communication is there.
Buying from someone I don't know that well, then I'd say 5 days max.
I'm not sure about the rest of the world but here in the UK post offices are open till 5.30pm so should be able to get to one before or after work in that time.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: What's your shipping expectations?   What's your shipping expectations? I_icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 5:21 pm

I agree with AJ a week is cool . after that the person is just being lazy . you have the money , the weekend has come and you don't ship .. unless someone dies this is just pure laziness . annoys me as well
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: What's your shipping expectations?   What's your shipping expectations? I_icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 11:45 am

Man, you guys are super nice people! I have been a top rated eBay powerseller for years until I recently shut my store down, and I shipped everything within 24 hours... It did not matter if it was a $4 loose Joe, or a super expensive rare item... I treated all my buyers with the same service... For me, the trick was to pack my inventory before listing it for sale. That way no matter when it sold I could print a label and take off... My Wife and I got burned a lot on eBay, and we cannot stand sellers that pack like sh!t and take forever to ship.... Shipment within 24-48 hours is perfectly acceptable, unless the seller only ships on Saturdays... Anything beyond that in my eyes is totally ridiculous...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your shipping expectations?   What's your shipping expectations? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's your shipping expectations?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1