The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bespin Lando Calrissian with rebel blaster

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bababooeyfett
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Bababooeyfett

Bespin Lando Calrissian with rebel blaster Empty
PostSubject: Bespin Lando Calrissian with rebel blaster   Bespin Lando Calrissian with rebel blaster I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 8:44 pm

My friend just bought this at a local vintage shop. I don't know if it's rare(having a rebel blaster), but I've never seen this before. Thought I'd share it.
Bespin Lando Calrissian with rebel blaster 20170127
Bespin Lando Calrissian with rebel blaster 20170126
The price sticker says Kaufman's, it was a store here in western Pennsylvania.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Bespin Lando Calrissian with rebel blaster   Bespin Lando Calrissian with rebel blaster I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 10:32 pm

Always neat to see vintage error stuff. There is literally no way to measure rarity for this type of item as it is an error so shouldn't exist. Obviously errors happened but there is just no way to track how many exist.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Bespin Lando Calrissian with rebel blaster   Bespin Lando Calrissian with rebel blaster I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 9:49 am

Miscards like this come up , it's pretty neat and adds some value!!

I guess my big question might be to make sure it's not resealed on the inner side
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Bababooeyfett
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Bababooeyfett

PostSubject: Re: Bespin Lando Calrissian with rebel blaster   Bespin Lando Calrissian with rebel blaster I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 7:26 pm

I have know idea. Didn't even think of it for that one. The card was worn, had a store sticker, and yellowed bubble. Seemed authentic. I guess it's possible, but I wouldn't even tell him that possibility now. He was pretty excited. Interestingly he had a carded bespin guard with no gold paint. We thought that that one might have been a beater that was resealed, the bubble was pretty clear, but the figure was mint, it just wasn't painted. Also we're novices, we didn't know what to look for. Finally, he had a carded jedi knight Luke with major flashing around the entire palace blaster, never seen before. Finally, finally,...he buys all his stuff from vintage stores and comic and toy fairs exclusively. The prices are outrageously lower than ebay. He seemingly can get stuff for about half the price if the same item is sold on Ebay.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Bespin Lando Calrissian with rebel blaster   Bespin Lando Calrissian with rebel blaster I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 8:15 pm

I am not a carded collector so a rookie in that area, but nothing from the pics makes me think it has been resealed.

Also the gold paint used on the bespin guards was terrible for flaking off. Often many sealed bespin guards have gold paint missing due to this deterioration over time.
Back to top Go down
Bababooeyfett
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Bababooeyfett

PostSubject: Re: Bespin Lando Calrissian with rebel blaster   Bespin Lando Calrissian with rebel blaster I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 6:43 am

That's good information regarding the gold paint. Always good to learn something new. That would explain his carded bespin guard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bespin Lando Calrissian with rebel blaster   Bespin Lando Calrissian with rebel blaster I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bespin Lando Calrissian with rebel blaster

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1