The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
AuthorMessage
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2018 7:13 am

nice new stuff again Paul , actually i dont really collect anymore . i always go through phases with star wars and this seems to be a lull right now for me . i have pretty much everything i want except for some very pricey variants . i'll collect again one day . just happy with what i have and not looking to take out a second mortgage on my house for that takara alt sculpt 3po or toxic green limbs poch bossk geek
Back to top Go down
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thundershot

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 8:12 am

Found him on a market stall in a box full of vintage toy soldiers, Luke seems to been seduced by the Dark Side

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 44936871862_430e3e961d_c

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 9:29 pm

Always good to find figures in the wild.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 8:31 am

What a cool find! Great when you see a random vintage figure in a box of toys cheers
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2018 10:45 pm

JabbaWookie - Thats a sweet Ben congrats man!

Broke - The infamous HC Tusken is great. One of the few variants I really feel is worth it

Tommy - congrats on that MISB Rancor cheers but DAMM! ont he VCJ!

Bill - Hell of a coin!

Craig the LJ collection is always amazing!

Paul - You tree murderer Smile Love them all!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 4:35 am

Couple more print adverts to join the collection... 1980 Castors Juniors as featured in Stephane's book 'From Meccano to Trilogo'. I always wanted this issue but it's not easy to find, so was pleased to come across an ad for it at least Smile

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 Castor10

and another 1980 Meccano

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 Lgde_p10
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 5:09 am

Paul that’s a great couple of paperwork pieces.

I love the explosive cover of Castors, with the mix of star wars and mechanical toy robots! Very cool!

Nice to hear from you!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 8:37 am

Cheers Craig, hope all is well? Those last two ads were complete bonuses as they came in a lot of Matchbox and Scalextric ads I picked up to go on my site cheers
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 8:50 am

Awesome;

Well talking of paperwork... I was lucky to win this recently...

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 Dee44410

Our Town Centre didn’t have a Toy R Us size superstore back in the 80s.

So smaller retail places like John Menzies, Woolies, Toymaster and Tescos would have been the places to pick-up figures and toys.

This poster was an exclusive freebie to folks who spent more than £5 on star wars. Love the giant imagery!
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 7:39 pm

My Third ESB-h baggie arrived today... here's the Trio. You can read more about it on my blog page, but it appears I have found the first (to me) Unitoys Luke Jedi Baggie. Even after all these years of collecting Luke Jedi... something new pops up.

Read More Here

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 Img_e611
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2018 5:16 pm

Craig T wrote:
Awesome;

So smaller retail places like John Menzies, Woolies, Toymaster and Tescos would have been the places to pick-up figures and toys.

This poster was an exclusive freebie to folks who spent more than £5 on star wars. Love the giant imagery!

Very nice. Always like seeing the John Menzies logo as we had one on our estate, and I picked up a few Star Wars toys as well as other toys there back in the day cheers
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2018 8:18 am

Palitoy Factory Luke Jedi Overstock…

A part of my Luke Jedi focus this year has been to work on the preservation and display of the pieces that I already have. Below is a display case of 8 (mint & unused) Palitoy factory overstock Luke Jedi figures and accessories.

These figures were made by the vendor Smile in the Far East and have the full “Hong Kong” COO stamp on the boot and come with the blue sabre. They are part of a huge quantity of Palitoy overstock that made its way to Australia after the Star Wars toy line died down in the 80s.

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 Img_6310

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 Img_6311

These are from the same “loose” stock that Palitoy would have used to card-up both Palitoy 65-B and 65-C cardbacks locally in Coalville, UK and also package earlier Luke Jedi Palitoy Baggies that had the blue sabre inside.

If you have time, check out my Luke Jedi Blog and scroll down to Blog Update-12 on page 2 to hear about how Nicholas Kazonis bought literally 1000s of these overstock figures:

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 Img_5814

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 Img_5815
Back to top Go down
Taz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Taz

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 9:19 pm

As I can’t sleep, thought I’d put a picture here.

Finally got round to re-purchasing a loose Sy Snootles & the Rebo Band. I was very sad to have moved my loose childhood one on a few years ago (along with a Kenner boxed/carded Black Mic’s, Silver Flute version & a boxed/carded Silver Mic/Black Flute version).

Once I sell a fair few things, I’ll continue looking for a European Bi-Logo boxed version.

I’m really pleased to have picked this up. From Walkie no less king

Many thanks Stefan Very Happy

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 Fd9cda10

Back to top Go down
VINTAGEHAN
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
VINTAGEHAN

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2019 3:24 pm

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 145b2b10
Hello Gang,
Latest purchase was this Princess Leia Blaster v1
Back to top Go down
http://www.robgenovese.com/
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thundershot

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2019 1:55 pm

Purchased a nice upgrade for my tatty old flesh neck Bespin Leia..
1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 46700022075_9f399291ce_c
Back to top Go down
VINTAGEHAN
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
VINTAGEHAN

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2019 9:17 am

She looks nice!

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
http://www.robgenovese.com/
Longshot
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Longshot

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2019 11:13 am

Craig T wrote:
Awesome;

Did anyone else notice the speeder bike in the picture? The front of it is on upside down. It is amazing how many errors occurred in Star Wars Kenner photos. For example, one of the Stormtroopers on the Land Speeder box is holding a Chewbacca bowcaster.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2019 5:22 am

@Craig T - Craigy, congrats on a cool-looking display box for those Palitoy factory overstock Lukes  cheers

@Taz - well done on the Rebo band figures  cheers  I love that band. I have a loose set still but sold my Euro boxed version a good while back to fund other purchases.

@VINTAGEHAN - congrats on the Leia blaster Smile

@Thundershot - good work updating the flesh neck Leia Bespin  cheers

Longshot wrote:
Craig T wrote:
Awesome;

Did anyone else notice the speeder bike in the picture? The front of it is on upside down. It is amazing how many errors occurred in Star Wars Kenner photos.  For example, one of the Stormtroopers on the Land Speeder box is holding a Chewbacca bowcaster.

@Longshot -

You're right, there's a lot of fun errors to be found on some of the vintage catalogues and ads.

Here are a few from my collection...

Parker ad for the X-Wing... perfectly cool ad for a perfectly cool ship... but when you zoom into the cockpits it's not Luke X-Wing Pilot you see...

Very Happy

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 Star-w10

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 Star_w14

Another Parker ad. I've seen versions of Luke 'in chains' substituted for the absence of a Slave Leia figure many times... but never Han Solo... (I've also seen one with a Rebel Hoth soldier in chains!)

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 Fix-un10

A French Amora mustard glasses ad.
Look closer at Luke Farmboy and you see they've somehow glued a Rebel blaster onto his lightsaber hand  Very Happy

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 Le_jou11

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 Le_jou10

This UK ad to win the first 12 figures shows a 'camera shy' R2-D2 with his back to the lens...

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 Sw-uk-10

The famous Miro-Meccano 'Saynette' ads are a classic in mashing things up, though they did this very deliberately for effect! See here for full set: https://thevintagetoyadvertiser.org/2016/06/08/pif-gadget-star-wars-french-saynettes/

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 Pif-g-10

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 Pif-g-11
Back to top Go down
comicalUser
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
comicalUser

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 7:17 pm

ArtooDetour wrote:

Another Parker ad. I've seen versions of Luke 'in chains' substituted for the absence of a Slave Leia figure many times... but never Han Solo... (I've also seen one with a Rebel Hoth soldier in chains!)

And the small head Han at that! Very odd.
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 1:45 pm

Hey everyone.... haven't posted in a while! Here are two of my latest pick-ups. My first Droids MOC and a minty Imperial Shuttle with unused stickers, instructions, etc. I had trouble with the trigger for the wings to go down so he gave me his other shuttle (a beater) to work on it!

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 Shuttl10

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 R212

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 R2b10

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 R2a10
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfaaf.net
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 3:07 pm

Tishomingo, congrats on that beauty of an Imperial Shuttle, and the Droids moc - always liked that version of R2 cheers
Back to top Go down
MasterTyvokka
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MasterTyvokka

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 3:47 pm

So I posted earlier this month about finally finding a Death Star Playset I was interested in. Finally found one but it was missing a few things. Well picked up one on ebay for a great price, that had the parts I needed. It was missing some things but I had the things its was missing. Including box and instructions!

I mixed and matched the best pieces from each. Still need the center support piece though. It was broken on both. Was hoping all white supports were interchangeable but apparently not.

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 20190810
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 3:26 pm

Good purchase MasterTyvokka! You've even got the box and instructions now  cheers

Couple more paper work items from me to add to the pile...

Star Wars Ewoks and Droids on VHS print advert, 1988, UK.

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 Star_w15

And a quite hard to find Japanese poster for the Star Wars Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Movie, 1984.

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 Star_w16
Back to top Go down
Darth Cantu
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2019 12:00 am

Got this at an estate sale. Mail away carded Emperor. Is this rare to find complete with delay note and mailer envelope?
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2019 4:04 pm

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 B7e77810

Been out of the collecting game for a while, but I was recently given this sweet boxed Snowspeeder and a Rebel Transport.
The transport is complete and yes I did find a number of weapons inside it, but the box has seen better days.
But the Snowspeeder was missing, both rear engine thrusters, one laser Cannon and of course the Harpoon and block. Unfortunately it lost a few stickers as someone had placed the X-wing battle damage ones over the top of some.
I've found nearly all I need but still on the look out for the harpoon and block and a sticker sheet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 36 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 36 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37  Next