The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 1:03 pm

Thanks Guys!

Broke do not fret, I'm sure you'll have some new additions soon, and I've certainly enjoyed following your quest for a complete loose set.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 3:15 pm

Just come off a final push to get an engineering report out to the client. Tough slog but a little beer in hand and a gander on what juicy things been bought and by whom…

@Broke – thanks, and agree the biker scout is uber cool. I’m looking to get the all major variations on this guy and some boxed speeder bikes.

@TheSchwartz – Cheer sir! I am not sure if Bespin came with teeth (I think Broke is correct – it was only Lando), but I think there was a posture variation on one of the Guards – I’ll have to have a look and see what I can dig out. Hoth Snowtrooper! Another cool figure to army build with… Cool.

@Centurio – Glad you could identify that GI gun. Thinking of other toy lines from the 80s, I wonder if any of these suffer the same threat from counterfeiters making reproductions.
@Paul, thanks and a even bigger thanks coming soon below… Very Happy

@Darthmatt22, Displaying the beaters and cut cards is going to be difficult and I don’t have my old star wars room anymore as it is now the baby’s nursery. So at the moment, I am hoarding them in large drawers.

@Gorneesh – Hope you feel refreshed after your sabbatical and all the best in finishing the loose run. Some lovey mint condition droids there, So glad you are so happy about them, good luck on the resurrected figure hunt

@Calrissian_Charm – Those figures look really great colours are fantastic for age… and I missed the DT sabre on first look; WOW.

@TheSchwartz – That is a beautiful R2 mate, look how white the sticker is and you can really see the dark blue on the dome, I wonder why they made the later versions more light blue. In fairness that has got me wanting one! It great that you have your childhood R2! Did you manage to keep all your childhood figures?

I got a few boxes waiting for me so I will post some photos in mo….
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 3:55 pm

Craig T wrote:
Just come off a final push to get an engineering report out to the client. Tough slog but a little beer in hand and a gander on what juicy things been bought and by whom…

@Broke – thanks, and agree the biker scout is uber cool. I’m looking to get the all major variations on this guy and some boxed speeder bikes.

@TheSchwartz – Cheer sir! I am not sure if Bespin came with teeth (I think Broke is correct – it was only Lando), but I think there was a posture variation on one of the Guards – I’ll have to have a look and see what I can dig out. Hoth Snowtrooper! Another cool figure to army build with… Cool.

@Centurio – Glad you could identify that GI gun. Thinking of other toy lines from the 80s, I wonder if any of these suffer the same threat from counterfeiters making reproductions.
@Paul, thanks and a even bigger thanks coming soon below… Very Happy

@Darthmatt22, Displaying the beaters and cut cards is going to be difficult and I don’t have my old star wars room anymore as it is now the baby’s nursery. So at the moment, I am hoarding them in large drawers.

@Gorneesh – Hope you feel refreshed after your sabbatical and all the best in finishing the loose run. Some lovey mint condition droids there, So glad you are so happy about them, good luck on the resurrected figure hunt

@Calrissian_Charm – Those figures look really great colours are fantastic for age… and I missed the DT sabre on first look; WOW.

@TheSchwartz – That is a beautiful R2 mate, look how white the sticker is and you can really see the dark blue on the dome, I wonder why they made the later versions more light blue. In fairness that has got me wanting one! It great that you have your childhood R2! Did you manage to keep all your childhood figures?

I got a few boxes waiting for me so I will post some photos in mo….

@Craig T

Thanks Craig-  I am super happy I found one- They have been few and far between(based on my experience).  I agree with you, the dark blue dome is awesome and not sure why they switched.  

I made the mistake of selling some 12&20 Backs in college ( frustrated ) but I really needed the money.
My figures were also stored in my parents basement at that time and have deteriorated somewhat over the years.  

At this point I have the below figures from Childhood:
R2 Sensorscope
Farmboy luke (missing his saber ( frustrated )
Orange Snake Yoda
Leia Boushh
Power droid
Emperors royal guard
Raider
tie fighter pilot
AT-AT Driver
Jabba
and a few more that escape me at the moment.

Also- What's your specialty as far as engineering?  I thought I remember you saying oil and gas but wasn't sure.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 4:18 pm

Craig T wrote:

As far as I am aware the bespin guards did not come with teeth painted/ unpainted variants. There is a few mustache variants for the white bespin guard as well as a skin tone variation for the black bespin guard.

There are rumors of a gold hat variant that was specific to a UK store for some promotion at the time, however these are unproven to exist. Here is a thread regarding them: http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=931093

Also rumors of a white collar bespin guard as existing are floating around from time to time but these are also not proven to exist (outside of one prototype). Here is a thread for some reading on that: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t6445p15-white-collar-bespin-guard-is-this-a-legitamate-variant

as well as this guide which has one of these "white collared guards" listed as a legit variant when no such figure exist as far as has been determined: http://www.highasakoit.co.uk/starwars/bespinwhite.php
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 6:02 pm

@TheSchwartz – I'm sorry to hear that you had to sell your 12&20 backs, which ones did you sell? I sold a 12Back C3PO to help me get a deposit for the (now) wife’s engagement ring (I wanted a flawless diamond for her). She at the time didn’t know why I had to sell it and actually tried to contact the buyer to secretly buy it back for me. She’s an awesome woman.

I got a few figures left from my childhood too, but sadly I stupidly sold/exchanged most of my SW toys to get better upgrades in the 90s. I still kick myself on that mistake. I work in offshore drilling and well completions area.

@Trappedtexan. Bryan, you are the fountain of information – Thank you so much for taking the time compiling that info; I didn’t know you could get different moustaches. Brilliant stuff.  Do you remember if one of the Bespin guards had different legs or a different stance?

Well…  is not pay day until tomorrow , but I have already maxed out my budget... Photos below.

*** Have a Good Weekend All!! ***

A mixture of loose and MOC in this first swag box.

A-wing pilots are really nice, so is Han - small head. Yak is really nice too. Out of the bunch, the imperial commander looked strange to me, as he has a different head to my loose one (which is from the same factory). I found that you can get fat and skinny heads from the “Smile” factory. I didn’t know that until now and from some of the old threads here on TIG, he also comes with an extended thumb in another COO variation.

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 Img_9214

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 Img_9215

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 Img_9216

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 Img_9218

In another packages I received

Some variations of biker scout, sadly the Tri-logo cut card didn’t arrive in one piece  and the bubble lifted, Figure and gun are ok though. And he’s really white.

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 Img_9219
Some more cut cards and variations for bib and weequay to scoop up…

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 Img_9220

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 Img_9221

I didn’t buy anything Luke Jedi related this month, but that's OK because our very own Paul managed to find me this awesome glass from a vintage French mustard promotion. Note the names have been French’d up to "Dark Vador" and "Luc". Cool, so cool

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 Img_9213

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 Img_9212
Back to top Go down
Calrissian_Charm
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Calrissian_Charm

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 9:38 pm

The figures are awesome, but that glass is just damn cool. I love household items. And so cheers to you from my Sigma Vader mug to your classy French glass cheers

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 Y4mdkwkU5lZmzW-R97RXVfCo1lD8OoA1NKokRvsNzPAIiFtKTlOVnVnclrQtT2Gngxbq80iXAN93tv8tNJwN2tf7Otk0ONyOk_--18MwyGdZGSeGl76NJTq4YJxVA-bK80sPrJ9JW_NFL_DEwvS2OIrya1046qLy1-HdJg9eAl025kdnq9QYDJFCK1xEuSU9lQgqYibc0y3XKTtcTqU5Sb_4A?width=768&height=1024&cropmode=none
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 8:52 am

trappedtexan wrote:
Craig T wrote:

As far as I am aware the bespin guards did not come with teeth painted/ unpainted variants.  There is a few mustache variants for the white bespin guard as well as a skin tone variation for the black bespin guard.

There are rumors of a gold hat variant that was specific to a UK store for some promotion at the time, however these are unproven to exist. Here is a thread regarding them: http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=931093

Also rumors of a white collar bespin guard as existing are floating around from time to time but these are also not proven to exist (outside of one prototype).  Here is a thread for some reading on that: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t6445p15-white-collar-bespin-guard-is-this-a-legitamate-variant

as well as this guide which has one of these "white collared guards" listed as a legit variant when no such figure exist as far as has been determined: http://www.highasakoit.co.uk/starwars/bespinwhite.php

TEX: Thank you for posting this information, you offer a wealth of knowledge and I appreciate you going out of your way.
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 9:12 am

Craig:  Thanks for sharing your story, Seek solace in the knowledge that your 12Back 3PO went to a far better cause than mine.  I was sitting at a traffic light and was plowed into by a large SUV and it totaled my car.  I had to come up with some money fairly quick and didn't want to sell any of my investments(mutual funds I invested in using matured treasury bonds that were gifts when I was growing up).  I had a 12 back Jawa, 20 back Raider and a 12back Obi wan(was in perfect condition  frustrated ).  Keep in mind this was around 2003 so values for SW figures were not quite what they are today.  

Outstanding Haul!  Some real gems there in great condition.  That Glass is awesome!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 4:03 pm

The black guard and the white guard have different stances, but if you mean does one white one differ from another in stance then I don't think so. They are all relatively the same. Some may have legs more spread or whatever due to slight differences but not so much that it is even noticeable. Unlike the biker scouts which one has skinnier legs vs others or something, I have never seen that type of difference in the bespin guards.

Btw great pickups everyone, I have just been admiring pics in this thread without responding lately. Craig, why a carded and loose a wing pilot? Just got a good deal or bought one to sell on or what?

Thanks for the compliments guys, I try to provide info when I can.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2017 7:32 am

Superb pickups everyone!

Mike - two impressive droids there. I love the sculpts for both Zuckuss and IG-88. Congrats! cheers

The Schwartz - congrats on the dark blue R2 cheers

Calrissian Charm - congrats on those loosies, and that's so cool you landed a DT Luke :Drool: The Sigma Vader vessel will always be cool drinking

Craig - really pleased the luc/Vador mustard glass arrived safely and that you like it. Congrats on your latest pickups = loose, moc and cut card figures, so much cool there cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
TheJabbaWookie
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheJabbaWookie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 4:09 pm

Haven’t posted in this thread before but was chuffed with ticking off one of my 2017 most wanted list. So here he is my Hollow Cheeks Tusken Raider and all for under £100. Thanks to AJ for helping to confirm authenticity.1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 F8f38210
Back to top Go down
TheJabbaWookie
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheJabbaWookie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 4:17 pm

Also ticked off another of my 2017 most wanted list with the capture of this AT-ST Scout Walker, a steal at just over £60 including postage. It’s in near mint condition and I’m pretty certain the box and Inserts are original, or at least the guys on the Star Wars Forum seemed to think so. Very Happy
1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 6527aa101 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 C0e7d810
1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 4d463710
1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 0a37cb10
1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 F4cf8c10
1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 Eb31e610
1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 7ddd2d10
1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 03074410
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 6:28 pm

That box is super minty. Nice pickups on both items. That's a nice tusken also.
Back to top Go down
Calrissian_Charm
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Calrissian_Charm

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 8:20 pm

That AT-ST is Shocked gorgeous. Very nice
Back to top Go down
Calrissian_Charm
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Calrissian_Charm

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 8:31 pm

My "no COO" Leia arrived today. She's my nicest by far. And she has some cool differences to set her apart, so I don't feel I've bought the same figure I already have, with a different COO

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 Y4mE1J9RJ6rPdJKhXMz7BbeiQB-2fu1JBG06t0iuJwD-g6FvH7H-SxQkbd4TxZKlo-m5vWu_t3cO832ucWD79xrMY8uwhih8mhnkhwgaBQVpIrKnXReV4xT4iDEHqHfZ4f9Y1aq5nTCHq5oat8jFculF8lNw1t3Kg0qzXk4SRV_BbT3HlCOiHZQp8MPUXIZDkCfv98CXtFPgI-FNp4d6fN-HQ?width=576&height=1024&cropmode=none
Back to top Go down
TheJabbaWookie
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheJabbaWookie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 2:49 am

Thanks Bryan. Particularly happy with the Scout Walker as I had one when I was a kid. Lovely minty Leia Calrissian_Charm. I love the first 12 and I could do with upgrading my Leia.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 8:13 am

Jabbawookie - that's a beauty of a boxed Scout Walker! Congrats on the Hollow Tubes Tusken too cheers

Clarissian_Charm - congrats on the no coo Leia cheers
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 9:00 am

TheJabbaWookie:  That Scout walker is beautiful and that box is in amazing shape!  Congratulations!

Calrissian_Charm:  Super White Leia, well done!  

Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
TheJabbaWookie
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheJabbaWookie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 1:12 pm

Cheers guys
Back to top Go down
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2017 11:01 pm

Holy awesome! That AT-ST is incredible. Really does look practically brand new.

Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 04, 2017 5:57 am

all awesome new stuff guys .. really cool cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
centurio
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 04, 2017 1:23 pm

@Thejabbawookie : nice walker, the box is really awesome

@CraigT : the serial buyer  Laughing  nice carded figures. you should try to put a small frame on those that are cut

A very modest contribution. I finally got an R2 Pop up.

The dome and figure are really good, sticker's a bit dusty but i am ok with that.
The saber seems ok to me but i put pictures for advices.

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 Tngp

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 Mlwn

I am waiting for an han carbonite

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 Pf2l
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 8:41 am

Wow, just a flurry of cool pickups!! 

@hellhippie - Great looking Fett

@broke - Nice Figures , Luke looks great!! Glad to the tax man didn't cometh

@DJ121 - Glad t see jabba' set coming together!

@DarthMatt22 - Great looking Scout!

@Craig T - nice assortment there! Cut cards are such a bizarre thing to see!

@Gorneesh - Nice to see you back Mike!! Nice figures, handsome fella mustve sold them to you Smile

@Calrissian_Charm - Nice foursome pic and the Leia !

@TheSchwartz -  That is a perfect R2, wow

@Thejabbawookie - The HC Tusken is spectacular but that Meccano box??? WOWOWOWOW!

@Centurio - Nice R2!! Saber looks okay to me, but lets get some opinions outside of my own.

I know this isn't vintage but picked up some Funko Prototypes from the Rancho Obi-Wan auction!

Saw Gerrera NYCC 2017 Exclusive 
Star Wars Rebels Kanan

1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 23331110
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 10:33 am

nice John , weird but nice cheers
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 7:59 am

got me a decent ledy band , no accessories besides the piano , not an easy one to aquire these days so im pretty happy with them .
1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 Ledy_b11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   1 - Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 27 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 27 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 37  Next