The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shipping from UK to USA.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BILLIAM666
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
BILLIAM666

Shipping from UK to USA. Empty
PostSubject: Shipping from UK to USA.   Shipping from UK to USA. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 8:05 am

I won a single figure on eBay from a seller in Romford, Essey which I guess is in the UK. I requested a shipping quote, I just got it back asking to include 12GPA which is equal to $18.08 USA for a single figure. How much should I be paying? I buy and sell from all over the world all the time and this seems a wee bit excessive to me. The shipping is more tan what the figure is worth.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Shipping from UK to USA.   Shipping from UK to USA. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 8:15 am

BILLIAM666 wrote:
I won a single figure on eBay from a seller in Romford, Essey which I guess is in the UK. I requested a shipping quote, I just got it back asking to include 12GPA which is equal to $18.08 USA for a single figure. How much should I be paying? I buy and sell from all over the world all the time and this seems a wee bit excessive to me. The shipping is more tan what the figure is worth.

Sounds high but then its nearly 5GBP just to add airsure tracking regardless of the parcels size or weight and most folk who use ebay and still sell internationally view this as absolutely essential in case they get caught up in a PP Claim.

Jay
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: Shipping from UK to USA.   Shipping from UK to USA. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 9:46 am

That sounds a bit excessive to me Bill,i recently sent 9 cardbacks to the US & the cost was £6.57GBP.

The weight of the parcel was half a kilo & i sent it by royal mail airmail without any tracking or insurance & it arrived safely in 10 days!Very Happy

Mark.
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Shipping from UK to USA.   Shipping from UK to USA. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 9:51 am

You can send a loose figure without tracking for around £2, like jay said Airsure is an extra £5.
The most you should be paying really is £7-8 thats fully insured with tracking via Airsure which is a 3-5 day service to the states.

If he is sending it normal airmail then it sounds like he will make around £8-9 profit......not good.
Back to top Go down
Plantman
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Plantman

PostSubject: Re: Shipping from UK to USA.   Shipping from UK to USA. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 10:47 am

Unless he is sending a huge shite in with it, you should pay no more than £7 for a loose figure with tracking ect.

whats he sending it in? a lead box? ask him to justify the cost.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vintagetoybox.net
BILLIAM666
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
BILLIAM666

PostSubject: Re: Shipping from UK to USA.   Shipping from UK to USA. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:02 am

I emailed him about it and waiting to hear back. It is for just one loose ewok figure, I knew I would pay a little more for shipping but did not expect a shipping quote of $18.08!!!
Back to top Go down
Plantman
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Plantman

PostSubject: Re: Shipping from UK to USA.   Shipping from UK to USA. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:07 am

I would tell him to shove it (but im that way out today) Smile

ebay would be on your side as well as that isnt a fair pric for a loose figure, even international signed for (cheaper than airsure) would be about £4-£5

He is obviously addind to postage to compensate his losses on prices.
Back to top Go down
BILLIAM666
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
BILLIAM666

PostSubject: Re: Shipping from UK to USA.   Shipping from UK to USA. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:21 am

Ebay will really will back me up if this guy is not fair? That is cool, I never had a situation quite this bad before. Good to know.
Back to top Go down
Plantman
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Plantman

PostSubject: Re: Shipping from UK to USA.   Shipping from UK to USA. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:23 am

You would have to cancel the auction, but ebay do not like excessive postage fee's so any strikes or unfair feedback gets wiped with a quick phonecall

if they didnt moderate this, a seller could simply say £50 for a loose figure's postage and then blame you for not paying.
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Shipping from UK to USA.   Shipping from UK to USA. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:02 pm

I just sent a carded figure to spain double boxed via registered mail (international signed for) for £6.58
So that goes to show how much the guy is trying it on.
Back to top Go down
BILLIAM666
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
BILLIAM666

PostSubject: Re: Shipping from UK to USA.   Shipping from UK to USA. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 12:25 pm

Update - The seller gave me another 3.95 GPA shipping payment option so issue resolved.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Shipping from UK to USA.   Shipping from UK to USA. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:19 pm

BILLIAM666 wrote:
Update - The seller gave me another 3.95 GPA shipping payment option so issue resolved.

Nice one Bill!

Hopefully you educated the seller as well Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shipping from UK to USA.   Shipping from UK to USA. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shipping from UK to USA.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1