The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Value differences between

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SithHead
New User
New User

Value differences between  Empty
PostSubject: Value differences between    Value differences between  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 6:32 pm

Hey all,

as a pretty new collector who finally has enough money to start chipping into my dream purchases, I was wondering if there is a general rule regarding the origins of figures such as Lili Ledy/Palitoy that they're more valuable than say Kenner but less valuable than Glasslite. Is there some or pecking order on value like:

1. Glasslite
2. Palitoy
3. Kenner

for demand/value or does it vary for each figure and not just flat out where they're from?

Thanks so much for any info!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Value differences between    Value differences between  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 6:35 pm

Are we talking loose or carded? Carded there are palitoy cards, loose there are no such variant. Palitoy did not make figures, it carded figures from other factories.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
SithHead
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Value differences between    Value differences between  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 6:37 pm

Sorry, did not know that! I'm talking about MOC
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Value differences between    Value differences between  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 6:52 pm

I don't follow the market much, but regular Kenner is without a doubt going to be the cheapest.

From the past observations I would imagine it would be (as a general rule but of course character and cardback combo plays a big part):

Poch
Harbert
Clipper
Ledy
GlassLite
Pbp
Toptoys
Toltoys
Palitoy
Trilogo
Kenner

This list may be incomplete as I am recalling cardbacks off the top of my head.  

This may be a bit out of order.  For instance some poch figures only one figure exists on that cardback, but the glasslite vlix sells for more than I have seen any poch figure command and there are around 25 of them that are known.  Not even sure how many top toys carded are out there, but the commons are out in large numbers so they sell for way less, so Vader and stormtrooper sell for less than some Kenner, but a Luke Jedi would go way higher.  Again cardback combo and which character and even figure variant all play a large part in all of it.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
SithHead
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Value differences between    Value differences between  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 7:30 pm

Thanks so much, i'm clueless on this and trying to get as much info as I can before any more purchases
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Value differences between    Value differences between  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Value differences between

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-