The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Does anyone have a V5 Kenner or Ledy Yoda belt to check?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

Does anyone have a V5 Kenner or Ledy Yoda belt to check? Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone have a V5 Kenner or Ledy Yoda belt to check?   Does anyone have a V5 Kenner or Ledy Yoda belt to check? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 6:39 am

Looking to check some details on the Yoda V5 belt for the main site if anyone can help?

The belt below is a likely V5. Look at the highlighted parts and confirm please if your V5 is like this?

Does anyone have a V5 Kenner or Ledy Yoda belt to check? Yoda_b12

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
CorporateSlave
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have a V5 Kenner or Ledy Yoda belt to check?   Does anyone have a V5 Kenner or Ledy Yoda belt to check? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 10:29 am

Checked my Ledy V5 belt, all the EPM's are the same, and has the protruding dot, but the pin on the buckle does not have the depressed area, it is flat like the V5 pictured in the TIG guide.

Two other "V5" I have that came with recently purchased PBP Yoda's both also have the same traits minus the buckle pin depression. One is also missing the EPM in the 'socket' half of the buckle, but a close look makes it seem like that area has undergone some slight abrasion, and it may have been worn off.

I don't have a straight up V5 Kenner to compare, so can't say if the depression might be unique to foreign variant V5 belts?

Maybe you have a very, very slight short shot? Or is there also a V5-a perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have a V5 Kenner or Ledy Yoda belt to check?   Does anyone have a V5 Kenner or Ledy Yoda belt to check? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 12:06 pm

I dont know if this helps but i have 2 x V2 belts and 1 has a flat pin and the other has the depression, i also noticed that gunnery only has the depression pin showing and not the flat (@Artoo_Detour Paul,i will add pictures of both of mine for the gunnery if you want them, up to you?), 

Also my 2 belts are different e.g. - one is darker than the other - the pins are different lengths - and more paint on the inside - the pockets are slightly different as well, but they are both V2's?

Maybe there is 2 mold casts for one belt variant like figs? or it might be the cooling process or amount of plastic injected? maybe @Trappedtexan can help step in....both belts and Yodas are below, also the figs and accessories are different, but both the same coos and if 1 of them isn't a kenner can someone let me know please Embarassed not looked them up yet!! Stormie Smiley Stormie Smiley 

Does anyone have a V5 Kenner or Ledy Yoda belt to check? 20160612

Does anyone have a V5 Kenner or Ledy Yoda belt to check? 20160611
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have a V5 Kenner or Ledy Yoda belt to check?   Does anyone have a V5 Kenner or Ledy Yoda belt to check? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 2:13 pm

Thanks guys. @Corporateslave Jeff, I wondered that too about a mould error on the pin.
The belt is from this thread http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t8594-yoda-belt#150632 and I was trying to see if it was the same as our current V5 but on our V5 you can't see the full belt strap.
@Lobotic cheers Mark. Feel free to PM me any pics of Yoda belts. I wouldn't mind replacing some of the ones we have on the Gunnery with better/sharper ones when we can.
I added Mat's new V6 version to the guide today - an unusual version with no dotted ridges along the belt strap.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have a V5 Kenner or Ledy Yoda belt to check?   Does anyone have a V5 Kenner or Ledy Yoda belt to check? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 2:35 pm

I think the ones with the dimple are likely going to be short shots. Looking at marks the plastic was short enough to make the entire pin shorter than the other one, given that these are small even a tiny air bubble would account for a smaller amount of plastic being injected into the mold.

I haven't checked my belts yet, but I will. I don't remember that protruding dot, but likely it is there. We know these were produced by Ledy and by Hong Kong factories as they can be found in baggies also. Different factories means different machine setups.
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have a V5 Kenner or Ledy Yoda belt to check?   Does anyone have a V5 Kenner or Ledy Yoda belt to check? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 2:51 pm

@ trappedtexan Ah so it is the amount of plastic injected and it makes sense that the depression was caused by a trapped pocket of air/bubble, they wouldn't bother putting a dimple in a cast!! Short shot/factory error it is thanks Bryan Stormie Smiley Stormie Smiley

@Artoo_Detour Paul I will pm identical pics of the 2 belts for you Stormie Smiley

Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have a V5 Kenner or Ledy Yoda belt to check?   Does anyone have a V5 Kenner or Ledy Yoda belt to check? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 3:28 pm

"depressed area" this is just shrinkage whilst the plastic cools after moulding and not important imo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have a V5 Kenner or Ledy Yoda belt to check?   Does anyone have a V5 Kenner or Ledy Yoda belt to check? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone have a V5 Kenner or Ledy Yoda belt to check?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1