The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
echo3toecho7
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b Empty
PostSubject: Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b   Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 1:09 pm

Hi all. I am new to this forum so unsure if i have posted this in the correct place. I have been collecting star wars since 2004 after finding all my old figures in my mum and dads loft. Although I don't have any rare rare items I have been collecting a number of different variants to add to my collection.One figure I would like to know more about is 2-1b. It is my original figure from my child hood collection and is in fabulous condition (stiff limbs and head) the thing is though he has strange marks on his back and the joint of the body between its legs. I tried to do a bit of research because I believed they were similar traits to a poch figure, but so far I have not been able to locate a picture of a poch 2-1b.Does this figure exist? If so does anyone have one or a reference to one for me to compare?
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b   Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 5:00 am

welcome
POCH is not my strong point and can be a subjective topic.
I've seen it discussed as the bigger font Hong Kong, "The grey of the limbs/arms are a little darker, some of the silver is much silverish against Kenner..." "The blue paint used on the torso looks lighter as well"
Back to top Go down
echo3toecho7
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b   Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 8:05 am

How do I upload pictures?
Back to top Go down
TeekSolo
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
TeekSolo

PostSubject: Re: Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b   Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 9:11 am

echo3toecho7 wrote:
How do I upload pictures?

Hello and welcome to TIG.

You can upload images in a number of ways as outlined here http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t8415-posting-photos-to-the-forum-and-other-useful-topics

I prefer the forums in-built Servimg feature as this keeps everything in one place and is pretty straightforward to use.
Back to top Go down
echo3toecho7
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b   Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 5:11 pm

Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b Wp_20111
Back to top Go down
echo3toecho7
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b   Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 5:12 pm

Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b Wp_20110
Back to top Go down
echo3toecho7
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b   Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 5:13 pm

Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b Wp_20112
Back to top Go down
echo3toecho7
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b   Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 5:18 pm

Sorry for the number of different post could seem to add the thumbnails to one post using my tablet.

These 3 pics show my 2-1b from front, back and underneath. It is not play wear and I the condition of the limbs are fantastic condition

The more I read about poch figures the more I am convinced it is.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b   Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 5:38 pm

Do you have the same coo Kenner figure? It would be a good idea to view them side by side.
Back to top Go down
TeekSolo
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
TeekSolo

PostSubject: Re: Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b   Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 6:20 pm

I do hope this is a POCH as like you I've found little information about this variant. The sloppy paint app on the figures waist at the back is interesting, however, it's all to easy to assign every blemish to POCH. All I can add is that the extrusion between the legs looks similar to other figures (see pic) although this shouldn't rule anything out.

Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b 21b_un10

Possibly the weirdest photo I've taken in a while. Laughing
Back to top Go down
echo3toecho7
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b   Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 6:23 pm

walkie wrote:
Do you have the same coo Kenner figure? It would be a good idea to view them side by side.

unfortunately no but i agree that it would be good to compare.
Back to top Go down
echo3toecho7
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b   Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 6:32 pm

TeekSolo wrote:
I do hope this is a POCH as like you I've found little information about this variant. The sloppy paint app on the figures waist at the back is interesting, however, it's all to easy to assign every blemish to POCH. All I can add is that the extrusion between the legs looks similar to other figures (see pic) although this shouldn't rule anything out.

Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b 21b_un10

Possibly the weirdest photo I've taken in a while.  Laughing

The paint job on waist and the scorch marks on the back are what i find interesting this along with the extrusion between the legs. The cast and paint of the arms is quite rough too.

I am pretty sure it is Poch but there just doesnt seem to be many examples on the internet to view to confirm 100%.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b   Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 6:52 pm

21b is a tough one unless its in hand , its very hard to photograph . I thought I had a poch 21b until I actually got one . sloppy paint and poor sonic welding along with overspray and rough molding are good signs though although many figures are claimed to be poch that aren't as you know . I honestly cant tell from this pictures but im glad you came here as this place has taught me many things along with great poch guides as well...... welcome
Back to top Go down
echo3toecho7
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b   Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 3:26 am

I have a headache lol. I have spent the last couple of days reading and re-reading wolffs poch guide which is very good but i still cant find my answer and doubt I ever will. I have at least 3 other figures that have poch characteristics but after the pain to my temples 2-1b has caused I think I will leave getting them identified for the moment. Can I PM Wolff? May be the only way I could gain confirmation.
Back to top Go down
TeekSolo
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
TeekSolo

PostSubject: Re: Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b   Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 5:49 am

I think a lot of us are pained by POCH at sometime or another but hopefully the imminent publication of Javi's book will enlighten us all.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t6493-pbp-comprehensive-catalog-the-book-official-thread
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b   Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 8:59 am

TeekSolo wrote:
I think a lot of us are pained by POCH at sometime or another but hopefully the imminent publication of Javi's book will enlighten us all.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t6493-pbp-comprehensive-catalog-the-book-official-thread

me too , ive already learned so much from him , it can only get better
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b   Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help needed identifying a poch 2-1b

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1