The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mean Machine Angel custom for Bryan

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

Mean Machine Angel custom for Bryan Empty
PostSubject: Mean Machine Angel custom for Bryan   Mean Machine Angel custom for Bryan I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2016 2:06 pm

Mean Machine Angel custom for Bryan Mean_m16

A while back, Bryan asked some of us to make some 2000 AD Judge Dredd character custom figures.

I chose Mean Mean Angel because a) I really like this character, and b) I thought he would be fairly easy to make Razz  stupid me. This was really difficult and some challenge. I rarely make custom figures, I prefer making dioramas and photos scenes, but I said I'd give it a go so here are the results.

All the bits and pieces used for Mean Machine are vintage Star Wars beater parts, along with some apoxy moulding for the arm and mask. It's the first time I've worked with an epoxy, and along the way I had to remould the arm a few times and make a brand new mask on a new head. The moulding parts for me were very hard and a learning process. I enjoyed the painting parts and next time would opt for a matte finish as this one is a bit too glossy.

I based Mean (very loosely) on the Mean that rose from the grave in the Judge Child saga. His organic arm is severed due to a previous gunfight with Dredd.

Some WIP photos

Mean Machine Angel custom for Bryan Meanan10

Mean Machine Angel custom for Bryan 00_mm10

Mean Machine Angel custom for Bryan 02_mm10

Mean Machine Angel custom for Bryan 03_mm10

Mean Machine Angel custom for Bryan 04_mm10

Mean Machine Angel custom for Bryan Mean_m17
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Mean Machine Angel custom for Bryan   Mean Machine Angel custom for Bryan I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2016 2:57 pm

That turned out fantastic. Very cool. Can't wait to put him with my dredd stuff. Thanks a lot for doing this. I asked quite a few guys and so far only a few have done them. Not sure if the others I asked will even try to do them anymore.
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Mean Machine Angel custom for Bryan   Mean Machine Angel custom for Bryan I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 1:03 pm

Once again this is class Paul and so se e the parts and process, it looks really cool and a difficult starter :clap: Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mean Machine Angel custom for Bryan   Mean Machine Angel custom for Bryan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mean Machine Angel custom for Bryan

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1