The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Yoda belts - another conundrum

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mat8yr
Developer
Developer
mat8yr

Yoda belts - another conundrum Empty
PostSubject: Yoda belts - another conundrum   Yoda belts - another conundrum I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 2:31 pm

Again I was just cataloguing my Yoda's and I can't quite pinpoint the versions of these:

I think #1 is a thin v3 belt because it has the EPM on either side of the saber attachment, except that it doesn't have the "raised dashed line" around the edge of the belt at all - new variant perhaps?

#2 is cool because it's slightly transluscent in color probably due to a reaction to light over the years - I think it might be a v2 except for the bumps + good paint coverage on the inside/back of the saber attachment. Also it also has a much larger hole on the back of the saber attachment compared to the v2's on the guide - again, new variant?

#3 is a brighter brown than #2 (you can see the color differences in the last picture) - I suspect this really is a v2 although there are no traces of silver paint on the inside of the saber attachment and it shows no signs of other wear, but the mould is a v2. Its also very slightly thicker than #2 (which I can only tell when I hold them together but it's impossible to photograph)

Thoughts? comments? all appreciated guys!

Yoda belts - another conundrum Img_7510
Yoda belts - another conundrum Fullsi28
Yoda belts - another conundrum Fullsi27
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Yoda belts - another conundrum   Yoda belts - another conundrum I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 2:47 pm

I'll have a closer look tomorrow, but straight away your N°1 belt is really interesting as it has no ridged lines along the entire belt length. Never known one like that before.
Back to top Go down
mat8yr
Developer
Developer
mat8yr

PostSubject: Re: Yoda belts - another conundrum   Yoda belts - another conundrum I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 5:20 pm

Hey cool - It'll be interesting to see if anyone else finds one like that.

Just to add another observation, the saber paint on the #2 belt doesnt go all the way to the top, and it looks intentional too.

The 5 small bumps on the back of that saber just below the larger EPM mark are bumps too by-the-way, it's not clear from the images whether they are recesses or bumps so I just wanted to clarify.
Back to top Go down
mat8yr
Developer
Developer
mat8yr

PostSubject: Re: Yoda belts - another conundrum   Yoda belts - another conundrum I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 1:44 pm

Another difference I just noticed is that the "pin" part of the clasp of #1 belt (the one without the edge bumps) is longer and it has two levels. It sticks out when its closed.

Also. I bought another Yoda that arrived today that has the #1 belt too, so that's two instances of this belt now. The only difference is that the paint on the back of the saber attachment goes up to the belt in the same diagonal pattern.

If you need further images for the guide, just let me know.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Yoda belts - another conundrum   Yoda belts - another conundrum I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 6:23 am

@mat8yr Mat, that's cool you found another. Any chance you can PM me new pics of your #1 Yoda belt please. I need a good front shot of the whole belt and the same for the reverse side. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yoda belts - another conundrum   Yoda belts - another conundrum I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yoda belts - another conundrum

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1