The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lili Ledy rebel commander

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

Lili Ledy rebel commander Empty
PostSubject: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 3:04 am

here are my two rebel commander's are they both Ledy?can someone who know's chime in gracious.Dan.Lili Ledy rebel commander Ledy_s10Lili Ledy rebel commander Ledy_s11Lili Ledy rebel commander Ledy_s12Lili Ledy rebel commander Ledy_s13Lili Ledy rebel commander Ledy_s14
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 3:38 am

Hi dan,

left one is ledy....right one not I would say.

See there are three different RCs with the same coo.

dont have my figures here so...anyone else?

Wolff
Back to top Go down
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 6:14 am

I'd say the left is Ledy and the one on the right is not.

I need to go out now so I'll have a good look tonight, but you can see by the face colour and the colour of the scarf coming down over his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 6:24 am

burnsy wrote:
I'd say the left is Ledy and the one on the right is not.

..., but you can see by the face colour and the colour of the scarf coming down over his shoulder.

I second that.

Uli
Back to top Go down
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 6:39 am

Motion thirded (or fourthed)...looks like glossy black details on the left too to go with the reddish mo.
Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:05 am

I may be crazy but they both look good. At first glance I thought the black back was glossy but maybe it is just the pic or just me. Head band looks right, emblems look good. Facial hair is the only difference. Coo is kinda the last thing I look at with the RC but that matches also. What am I missing???

Jason
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:49 am

sacko wrote:
I may be crazy but they both look good. At first glance I thought the black back was glossy but maybe it is just the pic or just me. Head band looks right, emblems look good. Facial hair is the only difference. Coo is kinda the last thing I look at with the RC but that matches also. What am I missing???

Jason

jason...look at the scarf color!

Also facial is the important one! As I said...there are three different RC with the same coo. All three have nearly same black, glossy, etc. color.

MOST IMPORTANT ON THIS ONE IS FACIAL....must be redish! AND THE SCARF COLOR!!!!!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 2:07 pm

wbobafett wrote:
sacko wrote:

Jason

jason...look at the scarf color!

Also facial is the important one! As I said...there are three different RC with the same coo. All three have nearly same black, glossy, etc. color.

MOST IMPORTANT ON THIS ONE IS FACIAL....must be redish! AND THE SCARF COLOR!!!!!

Wolff

Yes I do see the color on the facial hair now Smile. Also the shape is a little different correct? I have 2 I will be taking pics of tonight to post.

Jason
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 3:00 pm

so what is the one on the right PBP?Dan
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 3:13 pm

The RC PBP is this....no a common figure....
Lili Ledy rebel commander Dsc_0011Lili Ledy rebel commander Dsc_0012
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 3:16 pm

wow,javi do you have one like that for sale. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 4:36 pm

No C.O.O. Rebel Commander
Lili Ledy rebel commander Rebcomnocoo_2
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 5:19 pm

yo rob,i actually have two different variant's of that same figure no coo,too rob i know everyone think's my rc figure on the left is Ledy but what do you think of the one next to it.it has same coo and same color painted yellow boot's.could it be a ledy variant of the variant?Dan
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 5:37 pm

Dan, the one on the right (R/C) has totally different colour boots, the frontal images have too much light to compare detail too, Ledy on the left, the one on the right isnt Ledy, i dont know his origin perhaps a variant expert can help on that one.
Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 8:40 pm

Guys,

I have almost the exact same figure I wanted to post. I have 2 in the pics below. Left is Ledy and the right is that figure. Glossy black but standard color hood and boots. Same coo. The shape of his mustache also matches ledy although not the bright red. My standard (still carded) RC has matte black colors and a shorter mustache. Anyways we know there are variants within ledy like the CCP, how do we not know that this isn't also a ledy variant? I was sold mine as a ledy also. Here are the pics.

Lili Ledy rebel commander Img_9511 Lili Ledy rebel commander Img_9512 Lili Ledy rebel commander Img_9513 Lili Ledy rebel commander Img_9514 Lili Ledy rebel commander Img_9515

Thanks

Jason
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:57 am

i just took a real good look at my figure's and jason's their both identical.my Ledy rc is the same.and the variant rc is the same.i have to think these are ledy.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 5:45 am

vintageSWfan wrote:
i just took a real good look at my figure's and jason's their both identical.my Ledy rc is the same.and the variant rc is the same.i have to think these are ledy.

On what evidence Dan?

The figure on the left is Lili Ledy 100% but the figure on is in question at this stage.

I have highlighted some points to look at on your picture and added some MOC pictures for reference -

Lili Ledy rebel commander Ledy_s10

Lili Ledy rebel commander LilyLedyRebelComanderMOC

Lili Ledy rebel commander Rebelcommander00

Lili Ledy rebel commander Rebel_commander_agn

Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 6:08 am

good pic's and investigative work jay.maby it's not a possibility it could be ledy not known,or maby it's a variant of something else i'm not sure..i know the mustache on my second figure is'nt pure red like the 100% ledy but it it is slightly brown/red.the coo is the same as ledy too.it has the made in stamp on right leg and the same datestamp on the left.it has to be something.jason and i both have the same one's.and it is different than a no cco because of the made in stamp is like the ledy.does anyone know what it is.wolff maby.i'd like to see if he can post the three pic's up of all three different ones with the same leg stamp's as both leg's have.and were there from that would clear all the confusion,must have pic's though.front and back of all three variant's.Dan.
Back to top Go down
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:46 am

Thanks for those Jay. It appears to me that the scarf in the first MOC is not grey but a brown? I think what Dan and I are asking is could there possibly be a variation of Ledy. If not a variation of ledy what is it? With toys this old the best we can do is guess Smile. Has anyone pulled a no coo, fat mustache (slightly red), glossy black paint RC from a card?

Jason
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:52 am

sacko wrote:
Thanks for those Jay. It appears to me that the scarf in the first MOC is not grey but a brown? I think what Dan and I are asking is could there possibly be a variation of Ledy. If not a variation of ledy what is it? With toys this old the best we can do is guess Smile. Has anyone pulled a no coo, fat mustache (slightly red), glossy black paint RC from a card?

Jason

Thats what i was thinking as well Jason.

The colours arent to great on some of those MOC pictures but i cleaned them up the best i could.

For me the easiest way to check the left figure is the same as the moc examples but the figure on the right isn't is by the boot colour.

Jay

Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:08 am

I'm too lazy to read through this RS post again, but he's discussed in here http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2174493&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=2&vc=1
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:15 am

aussiejames wrote:
I'm too lazy to read through this RS post again, but he's discussed in here http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2174493&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=2&vc=1

Yep i knew it had been discussed before the figure on the right is not a Lili Ledy but a European NO COO Variant which is more common than the actual LL Rebel Commander and is passed off as LL by various sellers out there.

The big give away is the boots.

Jay

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:18 am

To add a further quote from the same figure been discussed on RS the other year -

" gustie wrote:

Idefix13 wrote:
Sorry Gustie no Ledy.

The Ledy RC has darker boots and a red-brown moustache. The figure you have is an European no coo variant so you can remove Chewie's bowcaster.

Uli

Ha ok thanks - i can give him his rifle back then.

you often say european variant - but what is this exactly?

this are figures made by european companies as the spanish pbp, dutch clipper, french meccano or the palitoy. those where the cardbacks, not from Kenner. there are sometimes some differences in the moldings off the loose figures between those kenner or the european produced figures. not quite as big variations as the mexican lili ledy or brazilian glasslite, but there are some common variants in those european lines. I think the RC that you where showing is an pbp ^*correction* German rebel commander, but i could be wrong. i am just in the variation collecting, but i am sure others here on the forum can give you more specifics about this if you need.

greetz Dennis. "

My latest MOC purchase will prove the origin of the figure on the right Wink

Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:59 pm

sacko wrote:
Guys,

Ayways we know there are variants within ledy like the CCP, how do we not know that this isn't also a ledy variant? I was sold mine as a ledy also. Here are the pics.

Thanks

Jason

hi jason:

!. did you bought the one from the right from mexico???? I think not!

2. there is no carded proof of another ledy version

3. the one on the right can be get everywhere......I can surf through ebay and show you 20 auctions with this figure!!!

Believe me and the rest of us: the right one is 100% not Ledy!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 1:03 pm

Hi guys,

one more thing.....

DONT GO FOR THE LEFT INSIGNIA...the black 2 things on the body.....there are different version: splitted and painted together...BOTH LEDY!!!

ONLY thing to be sure is msutache color and scarf color (also boots,,, but thats difficult from pic)

SEE PICTURE:
Lili Ledy rebel commander Sw-3-r10

Wolff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy rebel commander   Lili Ledy rebel commander I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lili Ledy rebel commander

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next