The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PBP hammerhead?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PBP hammerhead? Empty
PostSubject: PBP hammerhead?   PBP hammerhead? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 5:29 pm

Need a bit of help please, i believe the HH on the left to be a PBP variant but not to sure, bought him a while ago now mainly because his eyes are forward, he is a V5 on wolff guide and on the VariantVillain he is a Vi 2b which puts him in the PBP/euro collumn. I have noticed he has a Left textured dull leg and glossy Right, the same with his arms, his head also has a matt finish. His torso is a darker blue to the kenner and the mold is different a bit more detailed. I have also recently learnt from trappedtexan and others that the PBP figs have certain scent the thing is he only has a very faint smell?? Any input would appreciated guys unsure

Left PBP? Kenner variant on the right
PBP hammerhead? 20160328
PBP hammerhead? 20160327
PBP hammerhead? 20160325
PBP hammerhead? 20160323
PBP hammerhead? 20160326
PBP hammerhead? 20160324

Thanks Lobotic out...
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PBP hammerhead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBP hammerhead?   PBP hammerhead? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 7:00 pm

Looks like the pbp to me. Bill (Hellhippie) knows the Spanish stuff better than I do though so may shoot a pm to him if he doesn't jump in.
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PBP hammerhead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBP hammerhead?   PBP hammerhead? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 7:37 pm

Thanks Bryan, if i get the thumbs up, then I can cross him off my eternal list!! I will take some better pics tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PBP hammerhead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBP hammerhead?   PBP hammerhead? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 8:38 pm

others are more experts than I am but I am quite obsessed with poch and pbps . many have helped me and I thank them eternally anyways yes hes a pbp for sure
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PBP hammerhead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBP hammerhead?   PBP hammerhead? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 9:12 pm

Happy days Smile thanks for the help both, appreciate that, anything other than kenner and I am out of my comfort zone lol
Back to top Go down
TeekSolo
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
TeekSolo

PBP hammerhead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBP hammerhead?   PBP hammerhead? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 6:12 pm

Excuse my ignorance but I'm also out of my comfort zone when it comes to PBP, what are the key markers that make this PBP rather than the Euro version? As the COO is shared is it the colour, eyes or something else?
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PBP hammerhead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBP hammerhead?   PBP hammerhead? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 4:51 am

'Euro' or 'PBP' are terms interchanged, 'PBP' usually reserved for figures exclusive to PBP cards but probably does not apply to many figures. I prefer 'euro' as the majority of Spanish produced cards can be found on a variety of cards. The 'PBP' Cantina Aliens are 'common' as the 4 figures were released on the Made in Spain Kenner cards.

Javi's book is soon to be released & I'm sure we will all 'learn' many things/ideas.
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PBP hammerhead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBP hammerhead?   PBP hammerhead? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 6:02 am

Hi Teek solo, soryy not got back sooner had a few work commitments, to be honest im glad aussie James stepped in there because this is still a grey area for me still and i myself am still learning,

I can say that these links have been a great help to me and have helped me understand the PBP/Poche rules and guides,

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4427-the-poch-pbp-guide-discussion-thread-part-one#

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5523-the-lili-ledy-guide-discussion-thread-part-2#

If you need more info on a certain figure and cant find what you need in these links then post a pic the team here are big help and very friendly.
Back to top Go down
TeekSolo
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
TeekSolo

PBP hammerhead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBP hammerhead?   PBP hammerhead? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 7:22 am

Thanks Lobotic and AJ, I did check out the guides but I couldn't find too much on Hammerhead beyond the COO so was just wondering about the differences between Euro and PBP so thanks again for the answers. Smile
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PBP hammerhead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBP hammerhead?   PBP hammerhead? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 8:04 am

This is going to most likely further confuse new guys but hopefully you can follow along a bit.

The coo guide pertains to coo markings for figures found on certain cardbacks, not always specifically for where the figures were produced. From my understanding once the figures are loose from the card the terms used in the coo guide are interchangeable. In other words the pbp hammerhead can also be called a euro hammerhead. Who produced the figures if this is the case? Well digging deeper we know that palitoy carded figures but did not produce them as the same figures can be found on tri logo and pbp cardbacks. We know tri logo is also a carding source not a production as there is no factory known as tri logo. We know pbp produced figures because we have certain figures which are pbp specific that are not found on other cards (or are rarely found on other cards). So the assumption is that pbp produced the figures to be shipped to other factories to be carded. From what we have seen pbp and Ledy interchanged some figures so those are also indistinguishable. It seems factories when they had overstock may have traded stock with other factories that produced figures so they were not all producing the same figure at the same time. What does this mean for the hammerhead specifically? Something along the lines of the figure can be found on tri logo and possibly palitoy cards with the coo removed but since it is found most commonly in Spanish collections and on pbp cards and we know pbp produced figures and the other company's did not we make the conclusion that this hammerhead was Spanish produced. As research extends into pbp production and more are looked at some have concluded that this hammerhead may have a darker torso but likely we can put this down to batch variations and not specifically to a production factory. In short the no coo hammerhead shown can be called either euro or pbp but pbp is more correct since they produced figures.

Here are some threads relating to the matter.

This first one talks about some figures being on certain card but the factories the cards are from did not produce figures so in essence calling them a palitoy for example is wrong as there is no palitoy figure production.
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3410-palitoy-and-pbp-figures

Is second thread shows variations and you can see the hammerhead is listed as pbp with a darker torso. However these same hammerheads can be found in much of Europe having come from tri logo cards.
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1062067/
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PBP hammerhead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBP hammerhead?   PBP hammerhead? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 8:16 am

Hi Bryan, have just read your reply and that actually sheds a lot of light on the Euro/PBP question for me thanks, gonna look at the links in a bit.

I have just got an ERG that i am unsure of and you are just the man to answer i think!! i will post it in the newly purchased thread. The question is is he a Ledy??

Cheers...
Back to top Go down
TeekSolo
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
TeekSolo

PBP hammerhead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBP hammerhead?   PBP hammerhead? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 8:40 am

Thanks for the great explanation, I guess I have more PBP figures than I thought (maybe). Really can't wait for Javi's book.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PBP hammerhead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBP hammerhead?   PBP hammerhead? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 9:50 am

The problem with variant collecting is we (variant guys) try to make everything fit in these little boxes of exclusivity.  The facts can be seen that Ledy had a factory and pbp/poch had a factory and then most other factories were in Hong Kong and China.  Ledy stuff is exclusive somewhat but some Ledy figures were imported to the u.s. and put on made in Mexico cards.  Some Ledy figures are exclusive to the Ledy factory period (paploo and lumat) so no matter what card they are on they came from Ledy factory.  Pbp figures some are exclusive but many can be found in a lot of Europe area as they were on trilogo cards.  

Of course takara and top toys produced their own stuff, but takara also imported figures early on and just put a sticker on them.  

For pbp figures javi's book will be a blessing.
Back to top Go down
Taz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Taz

PBP hammerhead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBP hammerhead?   PBP hammerhead? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 10:56 pm

Ive tried to collect variants as well Bryan, so this info regarding PBP / Euro is invaluable, as too is the prospect of Javi's book.

I was always under the impression that Palitoy produced, so info above has been noted, Cheers.

Lots of reading for Sunday, in between the Cricket, Football and F1!
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PBP hammerhead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBP hammerhead?   PBP hammerhead? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 5:50 pm

Bryan is a bit of a legend round here taz and if im not mistaken goes jelly kneed at the sight of lili ledys lol!! Although I go a bit funny when I see a ledy especially when it has original accessories... Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PBP hammerhead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBP hammerhead?   PBP hammerhead? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PBP hammerhead?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1