The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !! We're in a pickle!! ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ Empty
PostSubject: Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !! We're in a pickle!! ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++   4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 11:35 am

Now that we are Phish free, let's do this contest!! A good friend to the gunnery (@Lenn_guy) has what I can only call a Masterpiece of Vintage Art!!!!

He's made a pickle jar full of vintage figures! This jar has only vintage, and is filled to the brim. When we saw this we knew a contest had to be done!!! Look at the pictures below for a 360 degree view of the jar. We are going to ask 7 questions about what's in here! Contest will be open until March 31st. You get to answer all the questions. First correct answer will be deemed the winner, or closest to the actual number. If two people are tied, we will flip a coin.

Each winner will get a special TIG gift, courtesy of our own @Trappedtexan Bryan!!

4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ Receiv13

4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ Receiv14

4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ Receiv15

1) Total Figures in the Pickle Jar

2) Total figures from the first 21

3) Number of Luke, Leia and Han's (all versions)

4) Number of Ewok's

5) Number of Droids

6) Number of Character's who list The Empire as their employer (Bounty Hunters are Self Employed)

7) Total amount of accessories you'd have if every figure was complete (To be fair, we consider an accessory anything that came with the figure (or can be removed from it). In the case of a wearable item it must be able to come off and be put back back without damage. Squidhead Cape and 2-1B Mask would be good, but ERG Cape wouldn't). We will give one hint here, there is NO removable Limbs C-3PO.

Good luck!! Post your answers below!!

*********************************ANSWERS AND WINNERS BELOW************************************

Okay - Congratulations on a game well played!!! We got 4 out 7 answers right on the money!  

Here are the figures, laid out, from the jar (get ready!!!)

4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ Receiv10

1) Total Figures in the Pickle Jar

Answer:75

2) First 21 Figures

Answer:19 (No Snaggletooth, Boba Fett)

3) Number of Luke, Leia and Han's (all versions)

Answer: 16

4) Number of Ewok's

Answer: 3

5) Number of Droids

Answer: 10

6) Number of Character's who list The Empire as their employer

Answer: 12

7) Total amount of accessories you'd have if every figure was complete (To be fair, we consider an accessory something that came with the figure. In the case of a wearable item it must be able to come off and be put back back without damage. Squidhead Cape would be good, ERG Cape would not)

Answer: 103

First correct answer gets it. If nobody hit it we did closest to the number. In a tie we flipped a coin. One person won 2 categories, but it's one prize per so we awarded the first question answered right.

1) Winner: Hellhippie (Shanester guessed 77 and Hellhippie guessed 73. Correct answer was 75 so we flipped a coin)

2) Winner: Jackroni at exactly 19 (kudos to Teeksolo for also guessing 19)

3) Winner: Symes coming closest at 16

4) Winner: Thall Joban at exactly 3 (Kudos to 13 others who also guessed 3)

5) Winner: Longshot at exactly 10

6) Winner: Darththomas at exactly 12 (Kudos to Symes who actually guessed 12 first but he won #3 already)

7) Winner: Teeksolo coming closest at 95

Please PM Trappedtexan with your mailing address. For overseas friends we're working on a local delivery from the UK so updates to follow

Last edited by DarthBerizing on Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !! We're in a pickle!! ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++   4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 11:43 am

This is what I was talking about in the earlier thread.  I have shown the prizes to a few guys (mods, admin, devs, and 1 other) and everyone liked them.  To my knowledge nothing like this has been offered before.  For now the prizes remain a secret so if you want something shipped to you free, make some guesses.  It doesn't cost you anything but getting your brain to work a bit.What a Face

And that last question is hard. Twisted Evil   I had the list of figures and still took me a while to figure it out. unsure
Back to top Go down
Symes
New User
New User
Symes

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !! We're in a pickle!! ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++   4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 12:36 pm

1) Total Figures in the Pickle Jar - 65

2) Total figures from the first 21 - 21

3) Number of Luke, Leia and Han's (all versions) 19

4) Number of Ewok's - 10

5) Number of Droids - 3

6) Number of Character's who list The Empire as their employer - 12

7) Total amount of accessories you'd have if every figure was complete (To be fair, we consider an accessory anything that came with the figure (or can be removed from it). 86
Back to top Go down
Thall Joben
New User
New User
Thall Joben

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !! We're in a pickle!! ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++   4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 12:39 pm

1. 60
2. 11
3. 7
4. 3
5. 6
6. 3 (depends on time survey is taken as Bounty Hunters work for Empire sometimes…)
7. 70
Back to top Go down
BarA
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !! We're in a pickle!! ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++   4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 12:40 pm

Have i done this correctly? Was following the shenanigans on Echo Base UK Razz

1. 31
2. 6
3. 7
4. 4
5. 5
6. 3
7. 34
Back to top Go down
darththomas
New User
New User
darththomas

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !! We're in a pickle!! ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++   4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 12:42 pm

1. 63
2. 17
3. 10
4. 4
5. 9
6. 12
7. 84
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !! We're in a pickle!! ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++   4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 12:52 pm

John (darthberizing) is keeping track of all contest entries but so far some good guesses going on. In the meantime I want to welcome all of the new guys and hope you stick around. If you want to hit this thread:
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t7181-who-s-who-don-t-be-shy-introduce-yourself-here
Let us know some about you and stick around our little community here. Lots of great guys here already and most of us have been around for a little while at least.
Back to top Go down
Thall Joben
New User
New User
Thall Joben

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !! We're in a pickle!! ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++   4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 12:59 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
John (darthberizing) is keeping track of all contest entries but so far some good guesses going on.  In the meantime I want to welcome all of the new guys and hope you stick around.  If you want to hit this thread:
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t7181-who-s-who-don-t-be-shy-introduce-yourself-here
Let us know some about you and stick around our little community here.  Lots of great guys here already and most of us have been around for a little while at least.

Thanks! And hello! Smile
Back to top Go down
Colwildcat
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !! We're in a pickle!! ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++   4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 1:07 pm

1. 37
2. 7
3. 5
4. 5
5. 7
6. 5
7. 56

This is great fun, regardless of people's inability to read instructions. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
gargarblinks
New User
New User
gargarblinks

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !! We're in a pickle!! ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++   4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 1:11 pm

Back to top Go down
Richard_H
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !! We're in a pickle!! ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++   4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 1:20 pm

1) 58

2) 9

3) 9

4) 3

5) 5

6) 3

7) 85
Back to top Go down
padawan1351
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !! We're in a pickle!! ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++   4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 1:27 pm

1) Total Figures in the Pickle Jar =46

2) Total figures from the first 21 =11

3) Number of Luke, Leia and Han's (all versions)=6

4) Number of Ewok's=3

5) Number of Droids=4

6) Number of Character's who list The Empire as their employer=8

7) Total amount of accessories you'd have if every figure was complete (To be fair, we consider an accessory anything that came with the figure (or can be removed from it). In the case of a wearable item it must be able to come off and be put back back without damage. Squidhead Cape and 2-1B Mask would be good, but ERG Cape wouldn't). We will give one hint here, there is NO removable Limbs C-3PO. =65

Last edited by padawan1351 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:55 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Grant Dyson
New User
New User
Grant Dyson

PostSubject: 7 for 7 contest guesses   4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 1:54 pm

Hi guys, good to be on TIG. Here are my contest guesses for the pickle jar comp:

1. 56
2. 11
3. 6
4. 2
5. 6
6. 5
7. 74

Thanks all,
Grant (Echo Base)
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !! We're in a pickle!! ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++   4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 2:09 pm

Thall Joben wrote:
(depends on time survey is taken as Bounty Hunters work for Empire sometimes…)

Good Question - I spoke to Lord Vader, he considers them independent contractors. To be an employee you need to qualify for health, dental and 401K savings.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !! We're in a pickle!! ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++   4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 2:12 pm

DarthBerizing wrote:
Thall Joben wrote:

Good Question - I spoke to Lord Vader, he considers them independent contractors. To be an employee you need to qualify for health, dental and 401K savings.

What?! You guys get dental? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
gargarblinks
New User
New User
gargarblinks

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !! We're in a pickle!! ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++   4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 2:31 pm

I wouldnt give bossk dental....
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !! We're in a pickle!! ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++   4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 2:33 pm

darthmatt22 wrote:
DarthBerizing wrote:
Thall Joben wrote:

What?! You guys get dental? Embarassed

4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ D110
4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ D210
4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ D310
Back to top Go down
NathanHanHoth
New User
New User
NathanHanHoth

PostSubject: 7 from 7   4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 2:56 pm

Back to top Go down
NathanHanHoth
New User
New User
NathanHanHoth

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !! We're in a pickle!! ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++   4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 2:59 pm

Thems my guesses! Thanks TIG.. Waiting with bated breath!
Nathan
Echo Base (Cambridge Division):-)
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !! We're in a pickle!! ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++   4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 3:57 pm

Good start guys!

Too all the new people, please stick around and post in the other categories. For those from FB, there is a ton of knowledge within the forum so stick around!
Back to top Go down
Darren Redbeard
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !! We're in a pickle!! ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++   4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 4:58 pm

#1. 59
#2. 17
#3. 9
#4. 3
#5. 8
#6. 8 (bounty hunters are self employed IMO) #7. 79
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !! We're in a pickle!! ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++   4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 4:59 pm

Q1 - 47
Q2 - 10
Q3 - 7
Q4 - 5
Q5 - 5
Q6 - 5
Q7 - 45

Ian
Back to top Go down
shanester
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
shanester

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !! We're in a pickle!! ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++   4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 5:30 pm

1) 77

2) 20

3) 7

4) 4

5) 5

6) 6
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !! We're in a pickle!! ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++   4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 5:51 pm

Lots of you guys I think must be coming to us from facebook. Forums are a bit less fast paced but are chock full of information. We do have some things that operate similar to facebook so check out this thread:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t8415-posting-photos-to-the-forum-and-other-useful-topics

You can tag people and get notifications as well as post photos from your mobiles. I myself don't use facebook so I cant tell you how similar these things are to it, but they are neat little features that we didn't have around on forums previously.

Also in case you missed my earlier post feel free to look around and get involved here. We love the hobby and have a lot of great guys around. Here is a good thread to start with and let us know a bit about you:

Back to top Go down
mat8yr
Developer
Developer
mat8yr

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !! We're in a pickle!! ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++   4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 5:54 pm

1) 55 figures (in total)
2) 14 figures (in first 21)
3) 8 figures (of Luke, Leia and Han)
4) 2 ewoks
5) 7 droids (including two R2 variants)
6) 7 figures are empire employees (including the emperor, and bounty hunters don't count since they're in it for the bounty!)
7) 70 accessories in total

Well that was good fun, and really tested my knowledge of the figures. I must admit I had to resort to writing them down to sort it out though.

Cheers!
Mat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !! We're in a pickle!! ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++   4 - Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !!  We're in a pickle!!  ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Imperial Gunnery 7 for 7 Contest !! We're in a pickle!! ++ANSWERS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCED++

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next