The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? Empty
PostSubject: Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail?   Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 11:22 am

A term widely known by every collector -- "Holy Grail" -- is used to describe that one piece of vintage goodness that they would risk it all for just to have in their possession.

Just like collecting focuses, your holy grail may have changed throughout the years, or perhaps what you once thought was your holy grail became just another part of your collection and your sights were set on an even BIGGER prize.

My question to you all is.. what exactly is that prize?  Cool

Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? Grail-10

Post and comment down below!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail?   Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 12:34 pm

A trilogo boxed X-Wing Fighter would be nice :Drool:  but they are so rare as to be ridiculous even to consider - even though I heard one recently surfaced!! So I'll settle for any of the other boxed X-Wings ones I've never had like Canadians, Harbert, PBP or Meccanos.. all quite gettable and I really love production stuff. Oh, and a Spanish/English language issue Bi-logo would be nice too (not so gettable).

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail?   Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 12:37 pm

Right now, it is the 63rd POTF coin.

Sometimes I would like a DT Darth Vader or prototype Rocket Firing Fett, but if I just had to pick ONE right now, I really have the coin bug at the present time. It does fluctuate, though. There are other valuable things like Vlix I would like too.

For a while, the removable rocket Lili Ledy Fett was a holy grail for me, but I got one last year. I did overpay in retrospect but at least I got it, I guess. You never know how often things will pop up. It is kind of a kicker to wait and wait and wait and then pull the trigger when something finally surfaces, only to see the same thing then pop up a few times within weeks of the purchase and sell for less than what you paid.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail?   Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 2:24 pm

A few years ago I would have said some dt piece or some hard to get production piece, having gotten most of those things that I want (not hat there are not production pieces I still want just nothing I feel I have to have) I think my grail would be a moment rather than a thing.  I think my Grail would be to get to meet Warwick Davis and actually speak to him on a one on one time.  I know this is likely something many have achieved and probably since he does do some tours is achievable, but as I don't really travel outside of a cars drive it probably won't ever happen for me.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets

Last edited by trappedtexan on Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail?   Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 2:48 pm

a few years ago id have said a dt vader or ben , maybe a toltoys jawa , or a vlix .... those id love for sure but right now it has to be a poch toxic green limbs bossk . super cool ultra rare toxic green limbs bossk :Drool: :Drool:

there is another .......................................... though
a ledy remavble hood jawa .. I had a few opportunities to purchase one last years prices 300 to 350 and turned it down but now im thinking that was a mistake . 800 to 1000 NO THANK YOU , people are ridiculous nowadays
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail?   Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 3:07 pm

If I win the lottery, a white coat Bib Fortuna on walrus man card :bong:

More realistic on the right Takara Stormie, pics belong to Stef cheers
Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? Image19
Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? Image20
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail?   Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 6:40 pm

My current grail item is a POCH toxic green limbed Bossk, why? cause it's friggin' awesome!!

Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail?   Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 7:29 pm

That is an awesome figure. Looks like there will be plenty of competition if one comes up public.

Back to top Go down
Matt Livesay
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail?   Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 1:08 am

My holy grail would be to "re-own" the dang RotJ Speeder Bike peddle car I actually had as a child .... that my parents sold at a yard sale when we moved before my 11th birthday. 

As a kid I thought it wasn't THAT big of a deal. Even tho I was the only kid in my area that had one. 
Now I realize how friggin lucky I was to win that raffle at the local K-Mart to actually get it!!

Unreal
Back to top Go down
http://bamamatt@hotmail.com
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail?   Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 10:31 am

Matt Livesay wrote:
My holy grail would be to "re-own" the dang RotJ Speeder Bike peddle car I actually had as a child .... that my parents sold at a yard sale when we moved before my 11th birthday. 

As a kid I thought it wasn't THAT big of a deal. Even tho I was the only kid in my area that had one. 
Now I realize how friggin lucky I was to win that raffle at the local K-Mart to actually get it!!

Unreal

That's crazy! No
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail?   Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 9:04 am

This is one of the easiest questions for me. Harbert Boba Fett!! It was a mail away offer for the Italian market. I've heard stories about there only being 100 mailed out. Rick Springfield has one and I think 2 or 3 others are floating around.

Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? Fett_h10

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail?   Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 10:55 am

DarthBerizing wrote:
This is one of the easiest questions for me. Harbert Boba Fett!! It was a mail away offer for the Italian market. I've heard stories about there only being 100 mailed out. Rick Springfield has one and I think 2 or 3 others are floating around.

Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? Fett_h10

That was in the video you (or someone else?) posted.. pretty sweet!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail?   Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 11:15 am

The harbert fett is a super rare piece. Last I heard there was maybe 3 known carded and around 4 known cardbacks of which a couple have the large Guerrero stellari logo cut out. One of my biggest pains was barely missing out on a cardback that had been listed on eBay by blarc. I wouldn't normally buy from him, but this type of thing is just super rare. I placed a bid I thought would win and was barely beat out. Amazingly the cardback went really low (it was listed as a harbert so I am not sure why) but it ended around $225 or so if I remember right. I may have a pic of it saved somewhere. I was gutted as I had bid just under.

Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail?   Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 2:04 am

For me it would be a die cast tie bomber only thing I need to complete my run I see them once in a while but never get lucky enough to get them price is always just out of reach. One day I will snag that bird I did finally get the action force gun for the snowtrooper still sealed on the card with the rest of the weapons.
Back to top Go down
orangpendek
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail?   Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 6:34 pm

To me a grail item should be something that can not simply be found, something that may or may not still exist like the legendary brown sock jawa mock up or an acetate sculpt. If you just mean top of my wantlist and obtainable i'll settle for a Harbert capo jawa cardback Smile
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail?   Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 9:40 pm

orangpendek wrote:
To me a grail item should be something that can not simply be found, something that may or may not still exist like the legendary brown sock jawa mock up or an acetate sculpt. If you just mean top of my wantlist and obtainable i'll settle for a Harbert capo jawa cardback Smile

Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? Zq0b4via Imgflip Meme Maker

Feedback TIG
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail?   Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 10:47 pm

Lies.. you can find anything on eBay.

..Or maybe that's craig's list. unsure
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail?   Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 2:09 am

One vintage item only?

Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? Princess-leia-bikini-costume1

Back to top Go down
orangpendek
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail?   Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 11:56 am

DarthBerizing wrote:
orangpendek wrote:

Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? Zq0b4via Imgflip Meme Maker

Thanks, that's exactly what i meant. Doesn't stop me from checking multiple Ebays on a daily basis just in case though Wink
Back to top Go down
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail?   Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 8:20 am

My own personal grail is a Palitoy 12back Leia. Is a match of the 1st childhood figure purchased by my brother in Dolgellau, Wales in 1978.

Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? IMG_3845_zpsnwzvjauk
Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail?   Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 12:36 pm

My Holy grail Wink

Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? 1920x1080_carrie-fisher-actress-novelist-screenwriter-performance-artist-HD-Wallpaper_zpshkkzlwmk

Last edited by Yzerman on Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail?   Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 1:38 pm

You'll be lucky to find one that hasn't been touched up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail?   Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 12:20 pm

I'd like to add that I want a mint one from 1983 Wink
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail?   Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 4:40 pm

Yzerman wrote:

Short of Darren Orme making one, you're getting a beater my friend..

Feedback TIG
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail?   Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 6:58 am

DarthBerizing wrote:
Yzerman wrote:

Short of Darren Orme making one, you're getting a beater my friend..

and even an Orme repro will start to fade and fall to bits after two years...

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail?   Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question of the Week - What is your Holy Grail?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next