The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Princess Leia blaster questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Matt Livesay
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

Princess Leia blaster questions Empty
PostSubject: Princess Leia blaster questions   Princess Leia blaster questions I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 9:43 am

Recently I purchased a loose 1977-1983 Leia, in which the seller claimed both cape and gun were 100% vintage original and NOT repros.
Upon inspection ... the cape passes the fingernail zipping test, so we're good there. But the blaster almost seems too good to be true, because of how great of condition it is in.
I'm thinking it's the dark blue/black V2 version and passes the float test. Also when placed above a light, appears to be a translucent blueish color.

Questions:
1. Is this the black/blue translucent variant?
2. Could a repro Leia gun be translucent at all?
3. Also if this is legit, did this variant only come in the early bird figure? Or just the 1st production runs of Leia in the 1977 molds?

Thanks,
Matt

(also, I've tried to attach file pics of this thing on here but apparently it is not letting me)
Back to top Go down
http://bamamatt@hotmail.com
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Princess Leia blaster questions   Princess Leia blaster questions I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 10:01 am

Hi Matt welcome to the group if I haven't done that already. For you question I looked up the reference material that was compiled some time ago to save you the trouble of finding it.

The link below will show you all the info gathered here about the blasters you have in question.
http://www.imperialgunnery.com/princessleiablasters.htm

There is also much more useful info there as well so look around you may find other things that could help you out. But if not just ask we are all here to help each other.

Larry
Back to top Go down
Matt Livesay
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Princess Leia blaster questions   Princess Leia blaster questions I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 10:36 am

Yes, and thank you. That was my first stop actually. But i didn't see pics of anything resembling mine. Especially the translucent variants
Back to top Go down
Matt Livesay
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Princess Leia blaster questions   Princess Leia blaster questions I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 10:39 am

Here are some pics
Attachments
20160202_091509-1.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(218 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
20160202_091538-2.jpg
(82 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
20160202_091602-1-1.jpg
(31 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
20160202_092133-1.jpg
(129 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
20160202_092220-1.jpg
(148 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
20160202_092345-2.jpg
(238 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Princess Leia blaster questions   Princess Leia blaster questions I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 11:07 am

Generally reproduction are not translucent, but that doesn't mean it is a hard rule that they can/will never be, just means we haven't see it yet. From what I see in the photo I think you are correct that you have a version 2 blue/black and it is authentic. At the top of the page Larry linked you can see this blaster came with original leia as well as Leia Bespin.

Hope this helps you out some with your questions.

Feel free to stick around and get to know us and let us get to know you. Here is a great thread to start in:
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t7181p255-who-s-who-don-t-be-shy-introduce-yourself-here

Back to top Go down
Matt Livesay
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Princess Leia blaster questions   Princess Leia blaster questions I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 11:31 am

Okay ... i looked and read thru all the Leia blasters thread. Do you think y'all would want to add any of my pics of this dark blue/black translucent variant of her gun, since there isn't any on the Gunnery website?

Also ... is there any information regarding which Princess Leia figs were available with this much more harder to find variant? Because I'm wondering if it possibly only came with the Early Bird Princess Leia figures?

Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Princess Leia blaster questions   Princess Leia blaster questions I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 1:24 pm

I am asking some of the others so we can get back to you on this with more details. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Princess Leia blaster questions   Princess Leia blaster questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Princess Leia blaster questions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1