The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

POTF coins

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

POTF coins Empty
PostSubject: POTF coins   POTF coins I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 12:08 pm

I have 43 of the POTF coins and I am thinking about trying to complete the set. Any idea how much a 62 coin set would be worth? I know about the 63rd coin but that is a pipe dream, probably. With only 10-20 in existence, I doubt I can put out the cash for it. But the 62 coin set may be within my reach. I know the Cat 4 and 5 coins are hard to find and very expensive, but an overall gauge would help me budget.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

POTF coins Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTF coins   POTF coins I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 12:35 pm

Have you got the "Coining the Galaxy" book? I actually got my coins out the other day- I reckon we are at the same spot- Cat 1-3 . I've got to 45 with small coin & eyes vs no eyes Luke. + 6 Ewoks.

I have no intentions of going much further, other than maybe the few Class Cs I am missing ( bloody book changed categories on us!! ) Yak's a 'D'

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15oOPvXrRGJOJdKY_Khy2bYs5Xds1S0nmPFtJzygIRmw/pub?hl=en&chrome=false&gid=0
Back to top Go down
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

POTF coins Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTF coins   POTF coins I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 12:43 pm

No, I don't have that book. Thanks for mentioning it. I will have to go get it.

Yeah, I have most of the Cat 1 to 3. I do have a few mail aways. I have the small x-wing Luke coin. I also have the mail away Millenium Falcon coin. I have some Ewoks coins. I didn't factor those in my 43. I actually am looking for the Ewoks Wicket coin. I have the other 5. But... I am trying to decide how much a 62 set would be worth to see if it is worth pursing the hunt.

An old catalog from 2012 by Brian's Toys had a coin set for around $7,000. Clearly, prices have gone up since then. I wonder if they ever really were able to complete a set and sell it for that. Seems like a steal now.
Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

POTF coins Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTF coins   POTF coins I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 5:58 pm

I am sure it was mentioned on fb that a 62 went for around $14, 000. Shocked I have been out the coin collecting game for a few years, so I am behind of current valuations, just I got mine when I did.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

POTF coins Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTF coins   POTF coins I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 6:16 pm

Carl Waterworth wrote:
I am sure it was mentioned on fb that a 62 went for around $14, 000.  Shocked I have been out the coin collecting game for a few years,  so I am behind of current valuations,  just I got mine when I did.

Carl, that seems cheap going by what individual coins are listed at. You mean a set for $14000 right? A short while ago someone asked over on rs and I don't remember the value exactly but I was thinking it was around $25000 for a set. Not hard to imagine when you see multiple coins listed up for sale over the $1500 mark. The coins just never caught my attention. They are cool to look at, but in hand they just never excited me. To each his own though.
Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

POTF coins Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTF coins   POTF coins I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 6:28 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Carl Waterworth wrote:
I am sure it was mentioned on fb that a 62 went for around $14, 000.  Shocked I have been out the coin collecting game for a few years,  so I am behind of current valuations,  just I got mine when I did.

Carl, that seems cheap going by what individual coins are listed at.  You mean a set for $14000 right?  A short while ago someone asked over on rs and I don't remember the value exactly but I was thinking it was around $25000 for a set.  Not hard to imagine when you see multiple coins listed up for sale over the $1500 mark.  The coins just never caught my attention.  They are cool to look at, but in hand they just never excited me.  To each his own though.  

$25000? Seriously, omg! That's incredible, like I said I have been out of it for a while! I wonder what a droids set ic prototypes and unproduced would go for?
Back to top Go down
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

POTF coins Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTF coins   POTF coins I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 8:12 am

Carl Waterworth wrote:

I looked on the fb page for TIG but I don't see any discussion about coins. Am I looking in the wrong place?
Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

POTF coins Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTF coins   POTF coins I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 11:17 am

It was in thr Power of the force coin group! On fb
Back to top Go down
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

POTF coins Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTF coins   POTF coins I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 11:40 am

Carl Waterworth wrote:

Oh! I didn't know there was a group like that. Cool. I will have to check it out. I like the coins.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

POTF coins Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTF coins   POTF coins I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 12:20 pm

beachboy19 wrote:
Carl Waterworth wrote:

Oh!  I didn't know there was a group like that.  Cool.  I will have to check it out.  I like the coins.

Lots of specialty groups on Facebook. I am not on Facebook, but I think some of them are closed groups so you have to ask to be added. I am sure some of the guys could contact you with information or links to them if you ask.
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

POTF coins Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTF coins   POTF coins I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 9:27 pm

Good to have you onboard David.
POTF coin prices just keep on rising it seems!
Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

POTF coins Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTF coins   POTF coins I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 10:17 am

Hey Tim, how are you doing?
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

POTF coins Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTF coins   POTF coins I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 12:13 am

All good Carl, you?
Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

POTF coins Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTF coins   POTF coins I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 7:00 am

Yeah! Really good! Just getting my head around how much prices have shot up!
Back to top Go down
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

POTF coins Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTF coins   POTF coins I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 1:42 pm

Carl Waterworth wrote:
Yeah!  Really good! Just getting my head around how much prices have shot up!

Prices have shot up on everything vintage it seems. Star Wars vintage figures (and coins) are way more expensive now than at the beginning of the year. It's getting crazy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

POTF coins Empty
PostSubject: Re: POTF coins   POTF coins I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

POTF coins

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1