The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rebel Commando question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tommm70
New User
New User

Rebel Commando question Empty
PostSubject: Rebel Commando question   Rebel Commando question I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 3:35 pm

This figure's eyes don't look painted. Is this a variant or are they just worn off? Figure is in great shape with nothing else worn down so I thought I would ask.

Rebel Commando question Image_zpsebcjxtvx.jpeg

Rebel Commando question Image_zpst9pr7int
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Rebel Commando question   Rebel Commando question I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 3:39 pm

Could be factory error. I don't see any rubs to the face to indicate it rubbed off, not to mention it is harder to get to his eyes considering they are under the hat brim, so usually the brim would have marks if it went against something.
Back to top Go down
tommm70
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Rebel Commando question   Rebel Commando question I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 3:48 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Could be factory error.  I don't see any rubs to the face to indicate it rubbed off, not to mention it is harder to get to his eyes considering they are under the hat brim, so usually the brim would have marks if it went against something.

So is that rare? Going to put on eBay, just want to have idea what I have, dont have coo picture with me as im mobile right now, but I thought I read there are 3 variants.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Rebel Commando question   Rebel Commando question I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 4:01 pm

Errors may be a tad bit more than the other if someone who collects errors wants it. I don't value them at much more if any than a regular figure unless it is something really odd like two left arms or a short shot with a noticeable limb difference. I have a small error collection, but I didn't pay a premium for any of them.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Rebel Commando question   Rebel Commando question I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 6:15 pm

Variants mean different things to different people.  Factory errors are not variants to me.   It does look like the eyes missed a paint.  Harder to find? Yes.  Sell it on ebay at auction described as an oddity and see where it goes Smile
A few variants here: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4790-the-tig-fotw-thread-rebel-commando#

two 'moulds' http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t6958-the-mould-family-guide-discussion-thread#rotj_rebel_commando
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rebel Commando question   Rebel Commando question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rebel Commando question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1