The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reproduction c3po droids

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

Reproduction c3po droids Empty
PostSubject: Reproduction c3po droids   Reproduction c3po droids I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 9:22 pm

So looks like someone is now casting the droids c3po in the same manner as the previously known about yak faces.  The eBay add says they are non moveable limbs but it appears to be cast in yellow with blue and brown paint or it could be all painted.  I really can't tell from the pics.  I haven't seen this one before so if it is known about feel free to delete this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/C3PO-Kenner-Cartoon-Droids-Repro-4-Figure-1985-Star-Wars-Recasting-/262049668310?hash=item3d03609cd6
Back to top Go down
MasterTyvokka
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MasterTyvokka

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction c3po droids   Reproduction c3po droids I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 9:35 pm

Looks to be all painted to me. That would be some pretty glossy plastic otherwise. Could be wrong though. Geez some people will do anything to make a buck. I find it hard to believe anyone would think that was worth $34.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction c3po droids   Reproduction c3po droids I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 1:25 pm

Looks to be all painted to me too. CU pics show some real sloppy paint apps. Good spot Bryan, I'm going to add this to the Reproduction Figures article on the main site.

Reproduction c3po droids C3po_d10

Reproduction c3po droids C3po_d11
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction c3po droids   Reproduction c3po droids I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 8:43 pm

You guys are probably right and it is all painted. The only thing with painting the whole figure is why not buy a removable limbs beater and paint it instead of casting a whole figure. Is it that cheap to make a mold and then cast these out instead of buying the beaters around?

Notice for a casting how much detail it was able to capture with the little wires and chest circles and even the coo, but you can tell on the feet and left hand how jacked up it got in those areas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reproduction c3po droids   Reproduction c3po droids I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reproduction c3po droids

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1